The Student Room Group

G4S 2012 Olympics Job

Scroll to see replies

Anyone know the number for screening? They have cocked up my application so badly and are blaming me for it. The only form of communication I can have with them is with email but I want to speak to someone :angry:
I finished my SIA training 3 weeks ago and I haven't heard anything and when I try to track my application it returns no results. So I emailed G4S and they said they are waiting for my results from the awarding body but it's been so long and I was told that the awarding body would have our results ready 2 weeks ago. Any suggestions on what I should do?
Original post by treeves
Guys if you have everything (excl. contract) go to any venue, everywhere is really short on staff. Breaks are a push and army are needing to fill in A LOT. I've heard VSA is short at NGA, not short about any other venues..

Ignore your ESS schedule:

Some people (incl. myself) have been scheduled 4 hours here and there with no days off. For one this is illegal (6 days work needs at least a day off), and two, if you work 4 hours you will not get relieved as you cannot leave your post unattended. It's either nights or days. If you want to do a part-time shift, good luck! I haven't seen one guy do a part-time shift. Sticking to 7-7 shifts is hugely recommended. As long as you have:

-Accreditation
-Uniform
-SIA (exempt if bridging the gap)
-Payroll number

You can work. Hope this helps.

I was given several 7 hour shifts. I was on a post that I couldn't leave and when my shift ended someone came to replace me. I got another one like that coming up but G4S deleted all my shifts online :frown: ... technical error they said. I really wanted the shift as it is only 7 hours so I'm going to just turn up. If that works

I might turn up regularly just doing that 7 hour shift time as G4S refuse to let me to work at the venue I am more familair with instead they would like me to keep changing venues so I will never really get to know any venue that well. So when they radio me I have no idea where I am or if someone asks me I can't tell them. Everyone told me they have the same venue ... another technical error probablly.
Reply 3923
Getting annoyed was on phone for 20mins and didn't get through last night hopefully get through today.

Want to swap shifts, all good to go, but just can't travel to the places, as I was told I may not have a place to stay so can't travel there and back everyday.

The venue's are used early on, so hopefully be moved elsewhere...

6 E-mails, 5 Calls, 7 Days... No change..
Reply 3924
Original post by unknown guy
im scheduled to work 16:30 to 23:00 but its going to be one of the most busiest if not the busiest day of the olympics so i guarantee any time you sign in to work they will deploy you somewhere cuz they gna need the staff

Hmm ok those hours sound reasonable but I'm still deciding whether I want to work or not. Would be once in a lifetime to say I worked at the Opening Ceremony of the Olympics I guess!
anyone worked/working in greenwich park, please let me know.
Reply 3926
I'll hope to get the ending Ceremony, as then I'm in London for the night! Get off the Security uniform, and just drink the money I made... ahaha!
Reply 3927
Was unbelieveable!

Someone actually listened and helped me on their helpline!
Original post by RedBulls
Was unbelieveable!

Someone actually listened and helped me on their helpline!

What is this sorcery?! :eek:
Reply 3929
Original post by Jetblast
What is this sorcery?! :eek:

What I thought!

Actually brought up my profile and asked for my payroll number, unlike others which I asked do I give you it, with a reply of no, then just tried to blag a way out of it.
Reply 3930
i went down to the udac today, i got my accreditation and uniform now :cool: ready for work on monday :biggrin:
Reply 3931
Who issues the LDN's? Who do I need to contact, SIA or G4S?
Original post by famezzzz
Who issues the LDN's? Who do I need to contact, SIA or G4S?

If I'm correct then it would be G4S as it should be the company that issues them.
Reply 3933
Just got an LDN in the post today, do I just take it with me to the shift?
Original post by jason848
Just got an LDN in the post today, do I just take it with me to the shift?

Yeah then it means you wont to get moaned by anyone. :smile:
do you guys that just sign in get your sign in times added on timesheet on the ess?
mine still havnt been added (even after scanning my card and manually signing in) and dnt really wanna be working hours without gettin paid for em :/
Reply 3936
Original post by DarkTitan
do you guys that just sign in get your sign in times added on timesheet on the ess?
mine still havnt been added (even after scanning my card and manually signing in) and dnt really wanna be working hours without gettin paid for em :/

ESS and the manual timesheet don't talk to each other whatsoever yet (doubt they even will- such a messed up system), hence why people including myself just completely ignore it. As long as you sign in and out on your sheet, you will get paid. Not using the card just means the scanners have to enter you manually into the system. :smile:
I gt accreiation and uniform, no work schedule, I wanna work! instead im waiting for a email that may never come!!
Original post by treeves
ESS and the manual timesheet don't talk to each other whatsoever yet (doubt they even will- such a messed up system), hence why people including myself just completely ignore it. As long as you sign in and out on your sheet, you will get paid. Not using the card just means the scanners have to enter you manually into the system. :smile:

well thats a massive burden lifted off my shoulder... was getting extremely annoyed at the possibility of not being paid after working 12 hour shifts whilst fasting :beard:
Reply 3939
Original post by GuitarWizard
I was given several 7 hour shifts. I was on a post that I couldn't leave and when my shift ended someone came to replace me. I got another one like that coming up but G4S deleted all my shifts online :frown: ... technical error they said. I really wanted the shift as it is only 7 hours so I'm going to just turn up. If that works

I might turn up regularly just doing that 7 hour shift time as G4S refuse to let me to work at the venue I am more familair with instead they would like me to keep changing venues so I will never really get to know any venue that well. So when they radio me I have no idea where I am or if someone asks me I can't tell them. Everyone told me they have the same venue ... another technical error probablly.

Exactly. This is why done the post telling people to not expect short hours :rolleyes:!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending