The Student Room Group

G4S 2012 Olympics Job

Scroll to see replies

Just a quick question. With the accreditation pass we are given, can we go to any venue?
Reply 4081
Does anyone know what is OLV search????....I see i'm scheduled to do that from 5:15pm until 6am on wednesday and thursday :confused::rolleyes:
Reply 4082
Original post by Trey-Cii3
Just a quick question. With the accreditation pass we are given, can we go to any venue?

No, because you'll still need an upgrade card to go along with it, stating that u can be at thatt particular venue
Reply 4083
Original post by H.Maleki
Lol I got suspended 2 days ago. Apparently wearing a uniform issued hat and not tucking in a polo does that to you :biggrin:

Are you serious?!?! Hardly any of the guys where I work tuck in their polos...that's including me and everyone seems to be perfectly fine with it!
I don't suppose there is much PSA going on on night shifts, are there? Since not many people will be visiting the NGA in the middle of the night, lol. Guarding is so darn boring :frown:

Original post by EJ92
has anyone been given a role such as p.s.a but does guarding instead and visa versa

Yeah. When I've arrived and they've managed to fill up all their PSA teams already, they put me on guarding instead.

Original post by H.Maleki
Lol I got suspended 2 days ago. Apparently wearing a uniform issued hat and not tucking in a polo does that to you :biggrin:

Lol really? I see people with shirts untucked and don't see anyone say anything about them. I personally tuck mine in, only because it's massive for me and looks like a dress otherwise :lol:

Also, what do you mean by "uniform issued hat"? The baseball cap and woolly hat that G4S gives you with your uniform?

I don't have personal experience, but from what other people have said on this thread and at my work, yes you can.

Original post by td91
No, because you'll still need an upgrade card to go along with it, stating that u can be at thatt particular venue

I get my upgrade card everyday from my venue when I sign in though, so she'd be able to do that too.
Any chance of being able to get work for someone who has accreditation already (was due to work for TheRetailPeople but they messed me over badly and left me off all rotas)? If so who would I call/email?

Depends, what does it say in the little box near the bottom corner of your accred?
How long does it take to get the SIA badge after they start processing the application? Also can I collect accreditation without the SIA badge?
Reply 4088
Original post by td91
Are you serious?!?! Hardly any of the guys where I work tuck in their polos...that's including me and everyone seems to be perfectly fine with it!

No one tucks in their polo wtf?! Also has anyone noticed you can just blag a shorter shift like 12-6?
Reply 4089
Heading to the Olympic park to find work, where should I go? I am by Westfield.
Reply 4090
Ok just found the check in tent (to the left as you head towards the entrances.)

Says if no one contracts me today then I can turn up before7 am to work

P.s.where is this cherry park site that people are talking about?
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 4091
so i just called g4s about moving my accreditation and was told that g4s no longer have the manchester / old trafford contract and its been taken over by the army? is this true becuase i only planned to work there. what a shambles this is.

also, does anyone know the old trafford accreditation office time opening hours?
(edited 11 years ago)
Original post by LZRSWRD
Any chance of being able to get work for someone who has accreditation already (was due to work for TheRetailPeople but they messed me over badly and left me off all rotas)? If so who would I call/email?

Doubt it as your accreditation says who you work with
Original post by EJ92
has anyone been given a role such as p.s.a but does guarding instead and visa versa

Yup, I'm meant to be PSA but instead spent all of last night out in the rain without a proper waterproof jacket. The g4s on site management treat us like the **** on their shoe, at Egham at least.

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Reply 4094
Hi guys,
I need your help. I finished my sia and guard training. I went to the accreditation centre and they told me to email them my details. I'm still waiting for it. how long do i have to wait to get my sia? any advice
Just went to pitchford street to sort out my application, the HR manager was a VERY RUDE bitch that needs to get laid. She just told me to 'go away' and waved me on. I spoke to someone else and they said its too late for me even though I applied way back and accreditation checks took too long. Very unorganised people I'm so pissed off right now, now I don't know how I am going to manage financially in uni, and I can't ask parents for cash because they don't have it.
Reply 4096
Anyone who just finished their SIA training been able to check the status of their application yet using the tracker? Kinda need my LDN asap.. also anyone knows how long it takes to get the LDN?
Reply 4097
cant believe im still not working. still dont have my accreditation&uniform
Original post by swiftylol
Depends, what does it say in the little box near the bottom corner of your accred?

I haven't received my accreditation yet. But I asked, because I assume we everyone on this thread would have the same accreditation pass.
Reply 4099
Original post by UKnowWhoYouAre
How long does it take to get the SIA badge after they start processing the application? Also can I collect accreditation without the SIA badge?

When did you finish your sia training? I finished mine on friday. You can get accreditation without sia but most likely you wont be on the system so you have to fill out a form

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending