The Student Room Group

G4S 2012 Olympics Job

Scroll to see replies

Reply 440
do they drugs test you before employment or do any other sort of test.
Reply 441
Has anyone actually got rejected at the interview stage?
Original post by niyaz93
People do you think i would be able to do two jobs cause ive been offered night shift part time in a supermarket which would propbably be like 2 days a week and g4s shifts are 4 days per week min right ?any advice?

I wouldnt commit to the supermarket just yet. You might get offered a 6 day week with g4s and if thats on a nighshift youll get paid a hell of a lot more with g4s than with any supermarket.

Has anybody een invited to further training (after door supervision SIA license) anywhere yet? Iv still not heard what im doing after turning down screener training in London in weeks beginning mon 7th and mon 14th of May, just wondering if theres anyone else having training elsewhere for different roles at a different time?
Reply 443
Original post by cstewart91
I wouldnt commit to the supermarket just yet. You might get offered a 6 day week with g4s and if thats on a nighshift youll get paid a hell of a lot more with g4s than with any supermarket.

Has anybody een invited to further training (after door supervision SIA license) anywhere yet? Iv still not heard what im doing after turning down screener training in London in weeks beginning mon 7th and mon 14th of May, just wondering if theres anyone else having training elsewhere for different roles at a different time?

Ive been spotted for the role Vehicle searcher VSA but they havent trained me relevant to my role only door supervision and skills for security..(fully body and bag search)...so yeah slow process need to contact them asap.
Reply 444
Did people get a choice for training dates?
Reply 445
Passed screening and vetting, on to accreditation now, but still have no training dates which I think they may be holding back on as I told them I was in University.
Reply 446
do you need to go through a drugs or any other testing does anybody know
Reply 447
Original post by hanaz
do you need to go through a drugs or any other testing does anybody know

So far I have not, Im am ready for training. I very much doubt you will. Asking 10,000 security officers to take a test is asking a bit too much.

Just dont turn up for anything drunk or drugged up.
Reply 448
are you, what training are you doing , ive done the sia course a month ago but not heard on any results, my boyfriend has taken steroids though so hes asking about drugs testing
Reply 449
Original post by hanaz
are you, what training are you doing , ive done the sia course a month ago but not heard on any results, my boyfriend has taken steroids though so hes asking about drugs testing

Ive worked in this industry since 2002 and trust me steriods are not a big problem. I have met many a bouncer and guard that are on roids.
Reply 450
that is good to hear then , i thought it might of been different he competes at national level thats why they would show up on a test . thanks for your reply though
Reply 451
Wonder why I haven't got my training date yet.
Reply 452
Just a little info for people.

G4S recieved 50,000 applications so far for 15,000 jobs.
So I think we all have to wait for things, so many apps and so little staff.

Also be carefull as the biggest threat to us are the press, G4S has bad press over the last few years for which most is utter rubbish. The press seem to be testing the current teams on the ground to see how they react.

See http://www.guardian.co.uk/uk/video/2012/apr/23/olympic-park-security-journalists-video
Reply 453
Original post by KingDing
Just a little info for people.

G4S recieved 50,000 applications so far for 15,000 jobs.
So I think we all have to wait for things, so many apps and so little staff.

Also be carefull as the biggest threat to us are the press, G4S has bad press over the last few years for which most is utter rubbish. The press seem to be testing the current teams on the ground to see how they react.

See http://www.guardian.co.uk/uk/video/2012/apr/23/olympic-park-security-journalists-video

have you went through accreditation then what are they checking for because ive just had a email saying ive passed screening and vetting but now they are doing accreditation checks
Reply 454
Original post by hanaz
have you went through accreditation then what are they checking for because ive just had a email saying ive passed screening and vetting but now they are doing accreditation checks

accreditation should be done by now, as it says on their FAQ section that the passes are given out in april but its been passed april now..the only pass ive recieved from all this is the training one which i think is accreditation and the sia license but i dont know, this process is long but yeah looking forward still...
Reply 455
As far as I can tell, the vetting and screening are to check your background details and comfirm that you were where you said you was.

Then its passed over to LOCOG for Accreditation, this is just an issue of an A5 card you have round your neck. They MAY double check your screening but the trust is with G4S.

See http://www.homeoffice.gov.uk/counter-terrorism/securing-2012-olympic-games/safe-and-secure-games/olympics-accreditation-process/

I forgot to say, you have to go to your local olympic venue to verifiy and collect the pass.
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 456
Original post by niyaz93
accreditation should be done by now, as it says on their FAQ section that the passes are given out in april but its been passed april now..the only pass ive recieved from all this is the training one which i think is accreditation and the sia license but i dont know, this process is long but yeah looking forward still...

They started years ago as the site has been secure for a while but will carry on till july, was meant to close in May but loads are outstanding so its been extended.
You have to collect the pass and you cant miss it because its like A5 size. Some piccys on google.
Reply 457
got ma interview today! :biggrin:
I got my training dates today..they r really messed up cutting into my frekin exams... espicially the 5 day sia door supervisor one....Called em to get it re-arranged this were my findings

Rapiscan xray training - call back in a week because the system doesnt have any more dates and we are making these classes smaller and smaller cos we want to finish them? WTF

Rapiscan equiptment training - same as the above

SIA door supervisor (5 day in a row one, cuts right into my pathology exam >.< ) - Ohh tricky, unsure we are able to rearrange it because they are finishing it early june.

Now simple logic tells me if they're still recruiting i.e. people still having their interviews unless by some miracle intervention they are able to train them in their dreams surely they have further dates available. 1 things for sure...i aint missin any exam for **** >.<
Got an email today asking me to attend training on the 18th of May, declined because I have deadlines all that week. Phoned up and rearranged for 28th May. Only thing is the training is in London and I'd have to stay overnight in order to get there in time, and trains cost a bomb anyway. No way I'd be able to afford that, and I haven't even passed the screening yet. Should I just turn it down completely and look for another job?

It was a one day guard training.

Quick Reply

Latest