The Student Room Group

G4S 2012 Olympics Job

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Glen_preiss
Do you get your card/badge thru in the post or the paper part

I'm
Based in Glasgow so hopefully there's a lot of hours up here

Yeh one of my mates done it and he said it was pretty much an attendance thing but the assessments and exams thinned out the idiots

This isn't my personal view but his,

Ah I generally thought the Job offer woulda came first before the training for the job haha

I think you get the card and certificate through the post.

Haha yeah you would think so, but everyone needs that badge, then you may get more training depending on job role.

Yeah there's guaranteed to be plenty of hours.
I just got recommended for X-Ray. Unsure if I really want to though what do you guys reckon? The amount of responsiblity with such little experience. When we were doing general training a certain every day item looked suspecious even the trainer said it did ... making me unsure
(edited 11 years ago)
Original post by GuitarWizard
I just got recommended for X-Ray. Unsure if I really want to though what do you guys reckon? The amount of responsiblity with such little experience. When we were doing general training a certain every day item looked suspecious even the trainer said it did ... making me unsure

Same here. Does anyone know how much extra training we need to do?
Reply 643
Anyone else doing at St James' Park?

I've got some training booked for late June. Anyone know if we can get many hours? Don't think there's loads of matches up here!
Reply 644
Original post by Dannybhoy1
I think you get the card and certificate through the post.

Haha yeah you would think so, but everyone needs that badge, then you may get more training depending on job role.

Yeah there's guaranteed to be plenty of hours.

you mean after doing their training and passed it, they (G4S) will send you sia badge, am confused a bit coz i did my training month ago and i thought to pay £245 for the sia badge, let me know if i'll receive the badge + cert prior to the event.
Hey guys, I've been recently emailed about the x-ray training, with a link to securetrax, I've got the dates for x-ray training but it also mentions the level 2 door supervision, It just states that I have to be at a location by 8am for SIA training, but no date is given.. will a seperate day come from another email or has an error happened?
I have just received a letter from the SIA confirming I had passed Level 2 Door Supervision. I also received my documents back. In the letter it states that confirmation of my license being granted should clear within 5 weeks, in other words 5 weeks from the day the letter is dated. I did my training back on the 9th April - 12th April in Glasgow so it has been a long time. Wait 5 weeks after your course finishes to get your SIA results and another 5 weeks for it to be confirmed and receive your badge in the post. This is from the SIA and NOT G4S. G4S have nothing to do with your SIA license other than paying for it. Contacting G4S wont help you, just be patient.

Alongside all of this, my application is passed screening and is now with LOCOG for accreditation which can take an extra 5 weeks so hopefully my SIA badge and G4S/LOCOG screening will pass at the same time allowing me to do further training for role specific training.

I have no idea how people who are only just being interviewed now will be working by the opening ceremony of the Olympics, it is a very long process. Its only my guess that people only just passing interviews wont be working until the Paralympics at the earliest after all the checks have gone through etc.

My advice, be very very patient!

Seeing this piece is a bit worrying though: http://www.itv.com/news/tyne-tees/2012-05-24/olympic-security-fears/
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 647
Original post by ZombieCombat
Hey guys, I've been recently emailed about the x-ray training, with a link to securetrax, I've got the dates for x-ray training but it also mentions the level 2 door supervision, It just states that I have to be at a location by 8am for SIA training, but no date is given.. will a seperate day come from another email or has an error happened?

i think im in a similar overall situation to you. ive received an email about guard training (x-ray in your case) and sia door training. however only got date for guard training. when i phoned g4s, the guy didnt really seem to know what was happening but told me to wait a few weeks as i will be contacted again regarding the door training.

if something happens to your situation that could be usefull info for me to regarding this matter please update us on this thread.
Original post by TimeToSayGoodbye

lots apparently, they are gonna make sure we are properly trained to deal with x-rays before we're allowed to go in, basically to be pros. I was also told that it really raises your job prospects, something about the skill required for x-ray is very very specific...you either got it or you don't
Reply 649
has anyone been offered by g4s to work for the queens jubilee events ? if so where and anything i should know before attending?
Reply 650
I already have a SIA door supervision license and had my interview last week, does having the license already help in getting done with things faster? If anyone knows anything about it....

Much Appreciated,
Danish Mustafa.
Original post by TimeToSayGoodbye

For x-ray training apparently it's a few days in London, and we were told by our trainer that G4S pay for transport and accommodation for it, can't be 100% sure though.
Original post by al_habib
you mean after doing their training and passed it, they (G4S) will send you sia badge, am confused a bit coz i did my training month ago and i thought to pay £245 for the sia badge, let me know if i'll receive the badge + cert prior to the event.

The badge is sent by SIA, G4S is merely funding you for it. So after the door supervisor training SIA should send you your badge and certificate, I'm pretty sure if is prior to the event otherwise you wouldn't be fully qualified as you only know if you've passed if you receive the badge/cert through the post.

You don't have to pay anything for the badge, unless you drop out that is.
Reply 653
Can anyone tell me what this means?

Ive been offered a job called OSA? What will I be doing?

I know what VSA and PSA are....:smile:
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 654
Original post by Beany2012
Can anyone tell me what this means?

Ive been offered a job called OSA? What will I be doing?

I know what VSA and PSA are....:smile:

I think it was Occupant Screening Area.
Has anyone done the SIA training. Does it start and finish at the exact times on the training email? It is going to be very long days with a early start.
Does anyone have a contact email address for g4s?

Or a general contact for them?

Every time the call me it's from a blocked number and the emails seem to be generated

Thanks
Reply 657
Original post by MrPhil
Anyone else doing at St James' Park?

I've got some training booked for late June. Anyone know if we can get many hours? Don't think there's loads of matches up here!

When does this take place?
Reply 658
Glenn-preiss, the only contact details i can find is on the G4S site,

try [email protected]

they are very hard to get hold of.
Original post by GuitarWizard
Has anyone done the SIA training. Does it start and finish at the exact times on the training email? It is going to be very long days with a early start.

Yep, pretty much. So you'd better be well prepared for it all. It's not too bad though, as at least you're learning some useful skills and then it's all over within a week anyway :yep:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending