Results are out! Find what you need...fast. Get quick advice or join the chat
Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free to post

G4S 2012 Olympics Job

Announcements Posted on
Applying to uni this year? Check out our new personal statement advice hub 28-11-2014
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ostego)
    G4S have only just got round to phoning my personal references, and the application has now passed screening.
    what was the date of your interview?
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Yellow_Watermelon)
    I'm also interested in this. It'll be 14 weeks on Monday for me and just this second I asked my references whether they've been contacted....nope
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by itshusi)
    What are these two numbers for exactly? Booking uniform/accreditation collection or information? and are they G4S's numbers or the London 2012 UDAC's numbers?
    They are g4s numbers and like i said before, these are just numbers that called me.

You dont need an appointment to pick accreditation, its possible to pick it up without an appointment. No one asks what time your booked in. G4s arent even at the place

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Yellow_Watermelon)
    had my interview on March 12th.... got a call around April as they needed to adjust the dates of my 5 year

Got an email in May saying i failed the screening

Phoned them up and spent 2 weeks trying to prove that i wasn't a terrorist during a year i spent out of college... finally proved that with a document

Waited a further 40 days or so after sending them that document before they actually got round to contacting my 2 personal referees and then they told me that it'd be sent to the training department.

They've ****ed me around so much I'm thinking this may not be worth it! May just try and find odd jobs on gumtree

From what I've read on here... it sounds like lots of people, especially those who are only getting on with training now will have a difficult time completing 5 shifts to get the pay back for the training

The person who i spent 1.15 hours waiting on the phone to talk to said there were people who were passed through screening weeks ago that were still trying to get booked into a SIA course, and it seems like they are only running them for the next 3 weeks
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Oh okay, I had my interview on March 19th so hopefully I shouldn't be that far off from screening being completed.

I'm surprised how many people who have passed screening haven't even started training yet. I started my SIA CCTV course almost 4 weeks ago now and I've got additional CCTV training this coming Thursday and Friday.
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by A_Saucy_Cabbage)
    Oh okay, I had my interview on March 19th so hopefully I shouldn't be that far off from screening being completed.

I'm surprised how many people who have passed screening haven't even started training yet. I started my SIA CCTV course almost 4 weeks ago now and I've got additional CCTV training this coming Thursday and Friday.
    Eh!? are you able to do SIA training on their dollar before you pass the screening?

If so I've wasted a lot of time... i thought you had to wait for them to email you with the training dates, and that would only be sent after you clear the screening
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    This is what is said in my first email when I was invited to SIA training:

"Due to the volume of applicants, we have in some cases had to send candidates to training whilst they are still in screening and vetting"

Yep so while I've been in the screening stage. I've had SIA training (SIA currently processing my badge), booked additional training, been called to talk about a basic contract being sent in the post, and just the other week I was asked how many hours I can work and whens the earliest I can start.

Tough love on your end by the seems of it...
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by A_Saucy_Cabbage)
    This is what is said in my first email when I was invited to SIA training:

"Due to the volume of applicants, we have in some cases had to send candidates to training whilst they are still in screening and vetting"

Yep so while I've been in the screening stage. I've had SIA training (SIA currently processing my badge), booked additional training, been called to talk about a basic contract being sent in the post, and just the other week I was asked how many hours I can work and whens the earliest I can start.

Tough love on your end by the seems of it...
    I had my interview in March, probs before you, and only just have training next week so I've given up. I passed screening in May too.
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ostego)
    had my interview on March 12th.... got a call around April as they needed to adjust the dates of my 5 year

Got an email in May saying i failed the screening

Phoned them up and spent 2 weeks trying to prove that i wasn't a terrorist during a year i spent out of college... finally proved that with a document

Waited a further 40 days or so after sending them that document before they actually got round to contacting my 2 personal referees and then they told me that it'd be sent to the training department.

They've ****ed me around so much I'm thinking this may not be worth it! May just try and find odd jobs on gumtree

From what I've read on here... it sounds like lots of people, especially those who are only getting on with training now will have a difficult time completing 5 shifts to get the pay back for the training

The person who i spent 1.15 hours waiting on the phone to talk to said there were people who were passed through screening weeks ago that were still trying to get booked into a SIA course, and it seems like they are only running them for the next 3 weeks
    I asked the trainers of the SIA programme how many more weeks of it they're doing: they tole me they have just been asked to do an extra few weeks of training in July, so don't despair! Next weeks SIA course was supposed to be the last. It's manic, btw, at the Romford road place. Bad manic.

• 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by GuitarWizard)
    Yes its not G4S you pick it up from so they won't know
    How do we know when we can go pick it up? I mean I have had rapsican, SIA and next week the 2 days PSA...

• 4 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by arno111)
    They are g4s numbers and like i said before, these are just numbers that called me.

You dont need an appointment to pick accreditation, its possible to pick it up without an appointment. No one asks what time your booked in. G4s arent even at the place

Ah, I see! Thanks! Does this apply to uniform too? Or is an appointment needed to collect uniform?
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Hey, does anyone know if we collect our SIA licenses, or are they sent to us in the post?
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Had my interview on the 11th of April. Passed my standard screening and vetting checks on the 23rd of May.....................but no training as of yet???? Tried phoning them but there's always a long que and the music is terrible so I hang up.............. Anyone know if they still training people up???
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    After completion of my training it was about 2 and half weeks before they paid me
    • 5 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by zednanreh)
    Hey, does anyone know if we collect our SIA licenses, or are they sent to us in the post?
    It's sent via post
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Is anyone off to the training session in Cardiff on Monday 25th June. I have no idea what it's going to be like

As well is anyone else tackling this Distance Learning Manual? It's pretty tedious stuff
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by arno111)
    What did the survey ask you? I never got it. I did get an email about availability though.
    I had to fill out my details, asked quite a few questions then about availability as well etc..
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    I have had so much hassle with this g4s lot. I was invited for training for london, but had to cancel because of a cock up on organising my transport and accommodation on their part. I had to call multiple times to sort out what to do. Communication within g4s is weak. When you talk to a call centre adviser, and you have a genuine problem, they don't have a clue. I've spoken to a lot of their phone centre advisers. Some of them are really helpful. Some of them are average and some of them don't want to hear you.

Overall I have walked away with classical music stuck in my head. They need some more tracks!
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Can anyone upload any pics of their uniform they got from UDC?
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    My application has passed the vetting stage (took 15 weeks) and was passed on to accreditation 4 weeks ago. Does anyone know how long accreditation takes?

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By joining you agree to our Ts and Cs, privacy policy and site rules

2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: March 31, 2013
New on TSR

Vote for your favourite Christmas film

Win a bundle of Xmas DVDs

Article updates
Useful resources

Quick Link:

Unanswered Public Sector Threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.