The Student Room Group

G4S 2012 Olympics Job

Scroll to see replies

Original post by ybasnet
I collected accreditation today (remember I went straight to collect) and received. I then went straight to Pitchford Store. I told the duty officer that I came to collect my uniform. They checked my accreditation document and handed over my uniform. I then collected mmy time card. I am now waiting my SIA card (although I may be exempted) and duty schedule.

I have however noted some of the people who were sent to LOCOG accreditation 2 month ago could not collect today. They were sent to G4S staff. These people have name with G4S list but not in LOCOG list. Duty officer at Canning Town was very professional and promised to call them by tuesday when to collect accreditation.

I think there exist some software issues ir perhaps lack of coordination between staff. I can understand the problem of handling 120K plus number to screen. I am sure that they never expected that number people.

A good day so far and awaiting for duty schedule.

Good luck to all friends.

so if i have my accreditation pass, i should be able to collect my uniform without having a conformation email. is that how it worked for you?
I passed screening in May and so I decided to collect my accreditation pass yesterday and after queing in 3 different queues for a total of an hour, I left empty handed.
I got an email yesterday saying I passed screening and that my details have been passed on for accreditation, I'm worried about my SIA badge!! When will I get that because it seems highly unlikely I will get that before Olympics...l

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Reply 1963
Original post by abduldirie
so if i have my accreditation pass, i should be able to collect my uniform without having a conformation email. is that how it worked for you?

Well, they will obviously ask for invitation but you had call from private number to collect the uniform. See..as I said earlier, computer system is not working so efficiently. I would suggest you to use trick for good reason.
Got an email from G4S last night about Training reminder: Guard Team Member (Patrol, Perimeter & Asset Protection-BOH). But there isnt a time or date for the training in the email! Called G4S before, and the lady on the phone said she will pass my details to the team leader and get back to me.
G4s just so unorganised, invited me to pick up my unifrom in London but accreditation in Glasgow. Which i didnt go, anyone know will I able to pick it up from Manchester?
Does anyone know if you can work at the Olympics without a sia badge?

and for those who are awaiting there sia badges, what are the chances that we will receive them in time for work when there are trying to process thousands ?
Original post by mohsanrabbani
Does anyone know if you can work at the Olympics without a sia badge?

and for those who are awaiting there sia badges, what are the chances that we will receive them in time for work when there are trying to process thousands ?

I think someone already mentioned it but I'll say it again. When I did my SIA training we were told if we don't have the physical SIA badge in time we can get a 'provisional' bagde with your ID on for the time being. That's if the SIA send you a letter with your badge details in time.

My SIA badge took 2 working days to be processed, however it took G4S 4 weeks to send it off to the SIA.
Reply 1967
I have done training and now they have called me to go there and give my uniform size again!!

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 1968
I've done all my training and I've been awaiting a phone call to go and collect my uniform (I already have my accreditation and SIA badge).
Today they called me about 3:00pm and asked me if I was available to work in Staines at 6:30pm-6:30am.
I told them I live in Chelmsford (Essex) so the obvious answer was no. (Not withstanding such short notice for a 2:15hr commute).
I questioned them about my uniform before I said that and was told they would measure me up and give me one there and then.
Well i've now completed training, got accreditation and my uniform soooo now i guess i just wait.
Reply 1970
Original post by Relik93D
I've done all my training and I've been awaiting a phone call to go and collect my uniform (I already have my accreditation and SIA badge).
Today they called me about 3:00pm and asked me if I was available to work in Staines at 6:30pm-6:30am.
I told them I live in Chelmsford (Essex) so the obvious answer was no. (Not withstanding such short notice for a 2:15hr commute).
I questioned them about my uniform before I said that and was told they would measure me up and give me one there and then.

I'm from southend and got a call today asking me to work in Egham, Surrey and they offered accomodation and travel to be paid for so said yes. Supposed to be starting on thursday as tommorow is too short notice for me. Apparently i am going to get an email with all my hotel info and other info but i am skeptical as the girl on the phone couldnt answer any of my questions. She gave me a number for a supervisor in the scheduling team but whether he ever answers his phone is another story.
Reply 1971
I got a call from private number but I missed it. Perhaps they have been looking for me to assign job ...anyway I am expecting another call tomorrow.. I believe that they have now a corporate strategy to hide email address / phone number. But it is also a fact that we may miss their call.

So far SIA license is concerned, SIA in Liverpool do not handle the licensing issues. They check the documents and forward to London for decision. If your clock is stopped in SIA License Tracker, your application is either forwarded to London for decision or cancelled. The decision process in London takes up to 10 working days. I am one of the person, awaiting SIA license.
Reply 1972
Original post by futuristictune
i asked a question earlier,i have done all the training even the one in pitchford london(im from birmingham)but i haven't collected my accreited pass nor my uniform,who do i talk 2 or should i just go 2 london to collect it,pls help

Yes but conditions;

1. Have you passed your screening & vetting process?
2. Have you passed screening at least 4 weeks ago?
3. Are your references were contacted?
4. Have you got your SIA badge? (some roles needs SIA badge)
5. Have you done role specific training?

If yes, you should perhaps go to collect your LOCOG accreditation from Canning Town and uniform from G4S Training Center in Stratford.

Please remember that meeting above condition does not necessarily favours you in obtaining them. The most favourable condition is to receive an email asking to collect.

Some of the friend who passed their vetting process in May were turned down. I spoke with one friend and he told that his references are not still contacted but he has already got role specific training, has SIA badge. His name was not in LOCOG list. He was sent to speak with G4S personnel in Canning Town. Duty officer saw his name in G4S computer. He suggested to wait for a week.

I went to collect accreditation and uniform. I became lucky and collected both of them. I am now waiting SIA badge.

In nutshell, there is no harm in taking risk. Since you are in Birmingham, I can not really suggest unless you get a very cheap train / bus fair.
Reply 1973
Original post by Relik93D

Yes, there are person to take your measurement before to handover the uniform to you. You have a trial room as well. :colondollar:
Reply 1974
Original post by leo_06
I have done training and now they have called me to go there and give my uniform size again!!

:eek: Noooo..I don't think that you need to give your uniform size again. There are people to measure your size and handover your uniform. I suggest you to go to uniform distribution center and collect your uniform. Tell them that you had call.
Reply 1975
Original post by ShafiqJ
I got an email yesterday saying I passed screening and that my details have been passed on for accreditation, I'm worried about my SIA badge!! When will I get that because it seems highly unlikely I will get that before Olympics...l

I don't really think that we need SIA badge if we have LOCOG accreditation. I have looked SIA official page at http://www.sia.homeoffice.gov.uk/Documents/olympics/olympics-factsheet.pdf and found that there are exemptions for LOCOG official security providers. Please read following text copied

Is there an SIA licensing exemption?

An exemption exists for those individuals who are employed by LOCOG’s official
security provider during the Games, when they are deployed to an officially designated games venue, and hold a games accreditation card; it does not
extend to parallel events or live screenings.

This exemption recognises that the criteria for these individuals is at least equal to that required for an SIA Licence; they will have been fully trained,
screened and accredited by LOCOG.
I was told ages ago that I'd passed screening and vetting and still haven't been called for SIA training etc. Now I'm being told that if I haven't been called by now it's "unlikely" I'll be working at the Olympic Games. Waste of my time with G4S.
how long does it take to receive the sia badge after the application tracker shows FORM RECEIVED ??
I'm going to collect my accreditation tomorrow. Can someone tell me if I should listen to the email about not being able to bring a bag???? I'm sorry but in this weather, I'm going to be needed an umbrella, along with my passport, phone, purse, oyster, keys, etc. It doesn't fit in my pocket.
Reply 1979
Please, is there anyone out there still in screening? I feel like the only one!

Quick Reply

Latest