The Student Room Group

The Oxford 2012 Results Day Discussion Thread

Scroll to see replies

Original post by manic_fuzz
Medicine :awesome: You're... physics right?

We're obviously the best

we have ducks :biggrin:

Yup, I'm physics. Might have seen you at interviews :smile:

Yeah, you can't beat ducks! Or Emma Watson :wink: haha

:yep:

We're obviously the best

we have ducks :biggrin:

Exactly my point :loveduck:

And also these grounds; -
Original post by ROBBY7896
Yup, I'm physics. Might have seen you at interviews :smile:

Yeah, you can't beat ducks! Or Emma Watson :wink: haha

Perhaps! Although I was only there on the 12th, during the daytime because I wasn't staying at Worcester :lol:

Won't Emma have left by the time we get there? :frown:

Original post by Niki_girl
Exactly my point :loveduck:

And also these grounds; -

It looks so grand :eek3:
Reply 183
Unconditional Law with LSE at St. Hugh's! I'm so freaking excited! :biggrin:

Is there a Facebook group for law or for St. Hugh's? I can't seem to find either
:crossedf:
:eek3: work like a crazy woman next year - who needs sleep? :laugh: (just kidding - it'll prepare you for the Oxford lifestyle)

For some reason A*AA sounds a lot harder than AAA...don't worry - can't you do something in science subjects where if you got 90UMS this year or >90% you're quite likely to get an A* overall next year? :confused: I don't know (don't quote me on it, I don't really know as much as I should about how to get A*s at A2 :redface:)

I'm sure you'll make it! You must have quite a good work ethic to get an offer initially :smile: My offer doesn't have the subjects specified but I can't exactly change subjects now...Arts subjects are sometimes worse because they're subjective - I know a girl who missed her History & Politics Oxford offer because the examiner didn't like the style of her English lit. essay and she got a B instead of an A in her final exam :eek:!

Saying that...I really don't envy you studying Chemistry! I did it for a term in Year 12...and then promptly switched to Theology - so glad I did! :rolleyes: But then again I'm not mathematically/ scientifically minded, I like doing subjects I can have a bit of er..."alternative interpretations" included, just to be on the safe side.

Good Luck, hope to see you in October
:biggrin:

As you can imagine, I am metaphorically ****ting bricks and so have decided to up my (admittedly somewhat poor) work ethic :tongue: I agree with you- A*AA sounds so much more intimidating. Hmm...well I've heard from many-a-teacher that for sciences you can technically score a C in AS, not retake anything, get 90% at A2 and end up with an A* but I have no idea how that works! I'm retaking the larger unit in which I got a C so hopefully I can bring it up to an A this year :crossedf:

Aaah, that sucks to hear about your friends :frown: I think it would be totally ridiculous to introduce A*s in the conditions for art subjects as they are to an extent very subjective. Oxford asked of an A in english for me, so I hpoe I don't get a stuck-in-his/her-ways grumpy old fart who doesn't like my writing style (though I got an A* last year and I'll try and get an A* in my coursework this year so hopefully even if the exam doesn't go amazingly I'll still get an A overall :s-smilie:). How many subjects are you taking?

I don't blame you- chemistry is such a hellhole of a subject! I'm not hugely mathematically minded, so I guess that's why I excel in biology and arts subjects but not chemistry :tongue:

I hope to see you in October too :smile: Which college is your offer from?
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 185
Original post by rijlove
Unconditional Law with LSE at St. Hugh's! I'm so freaking excited! :biggrin:

Is there a Facebook group for law or for St. Hugh's? I can't seem to find either

http://www.facebook.com/?ref=tn_tnmn#!/groups/288858921161039/?notif_t=group_activity

:smile:
Reply 186
Original post by Chaofan88
It's horrible :frown: and my offer is A*AA (all 3 subjects specified!) I need an A/A* in chemistry and I got a C (1 goddamn marko off a B) in chemistry last year :frown:

SAME well I got a B last year but still Chemistry is SO boring!!!!
Perhaps! Although I was only there on the 12th, during the daytime because I wasn't staying at Worcester :lol:

Won't Emma have left by the time we get there? :frown:

It looks so grand :eek3:

Oh right, I don't think I would have seen you then. Why didn't you stay in Worcester?

And is she only doing a year then? Let down :wink: haha I heard from one of the student on the course that apparently there is a guy called Edd Watson in Worcester. Obviously he has E.Watson on his door so he has loads of tourists turn up to his room who are then dissppointed to see some random bloke walk out :P haha!

And that photo is incredible!
Oh right, I don't think I would have seen you then. Why didn't you stay in Worcester?

And is she only doing a year then? Let down :wink: haha I heard from one of the student on the course that apparently there is a guy called Edd Watson in Worcester. Obviously he has E.Watson on his door so he has loads of tourists turn up to his room who are then dissppointed to see some random bloke walk out :P haha!

Because Keble was my first choice college :mmm:

Yeah, they have like an exchange scheme for Americans or something. And ooooh, that's hilarious! I feel somewhat sorry for Mr Watson though, constantly being harassed by fans :lol:
Reply 189
Hi everyone, I have an offer from Wadham, and I've found 'Wadham College Reply Form' in the envelope. What am I supposed to do with it? There is only space to write name, adress, yeat of entry and tick accept/decline (I assume that the offer, but it doesnt say anything :smile: ) They do not say when should I send it back or can I do it via email? Does anyone from Wadham know?

Maybe I am too stupid to go to Oxford :biggrin:
Guten Abend
English at St Hilda's :smile:

Yeah, they have like an exchange scheme for Americans or something. And ooooh, that's hilarious! I feel somewhat sorry for Mr Watson though, constantly being harassed by fans :lol:

Ooohhh kept that quiet :wink: Guess you were so good you got upgraded to Worcester! :biggrin: haha
Did you put Worcester down as a second choice or did you get pooled there?
Reply 192
Well how have I managed to miss the thread for a whole week?! English at Exeter if you're interested!

And I may have been playing spot Emma Watson the whole time I was down Oxford way for the interviews, just saying...:ninja2:
Reply 193
Had an incredibly long, drawn-out nightmare last night where I got another letter which was like, "Oh, sorry, our bad. You're rejected". So I had to travel to Oxford to try and fight my case, but no one would believe me, so I was desperately waving my original acceptance letter around and then a whole gang of terrifying Oxford dons surrounded me and started chanting "It's a fake, it's a fake!". Eventually I persuaded them to let me take another entrance test, which turned out to be an enormous Super Mario tournament. At which point I thought "...you know, this is probably a dream" and woke up.

:colondollar:
Original post by Chaofan88
:crossedf:
I hope to see you in October too :smile: Which college is your offer from?

I take A-level English lit., History and Theology & Ethics (otherwise known as RE, basically :tongue:, although it is slightly different because it's about evaluating ethical theories and analysing meanings behind certain ideas in the Bible, rather than "RE" as in learning about the practices of different religions, which is what GCSE RE is like).

Last year I did AS Biology and Extended Project too, in addition to English lit. & History, and about a year ago I changed from AS Chemistry to AS Theology & Ethics and haven't looked back since!

My offer is from Worcester :heart: :love: - what about you?
Ooohhh kept that quiet :wink: Guess you were so good you got upgraded to Worcester! :biggrin: haha
Did you put Worcester down as a second choice or did you get pooled there?

Heheheh! I actually was thinking of applying to Worcester, but thought it'd be too overly competitive :mmm:

Um, well all potential medics are interviewed at their chosen college, and one randomly assigned college, and luckily I was randomly given Worcester :woo:

Thanks, I took it standing on the bridge, facing the college :smile:

I'm shocked and appalled :wink: luckily you've been redeemed and given a 2nd chance :awesome:
Any Biologists or people from LMH lurking around here?
I'm shocked and appalled :wink:

:getmecoat:

luckily you've been redeemed and given a 2nd chance :awesome:

Yay! Don't worry, I already love Worcester and will defend its amazingness to the grave :colone:

:getmecoat:

Yay! Don't worry, I already love Worcester and will defend its amazingness to the grave :colone:

I was so looking forward to bearing the fruits of your being Keble college apple fairy.

See what I did there? :wink:

Quick Reply

Latest