The Student Room Group

The Oxford 2012 Results Day Discussion Thread

Scroll to see replies

Original post by manic_fuzz

Yay! Don't worry, I already love Worcester and will defend its amazingness to the grave :colone:

That's what I like to see :h:
Original post by silverspoonmess
I was so looking forward to bearing the fruits of your being Keble college apple fairy.

See what I did there? :wink:

:rofl:

Hahaha, i may have to pop-in every now and then just to deliver my appley goodness!

Original post by Niki_girl
That's what I like to see :h:

:biggrin:
Original post by manic_fuzz
:getmecoat:

Yay! Don't worry, I already love Worcester and will defend its amazingness to the grave :colone:

Goood!! Your so lucky you got Worcester out of all the colleges you could of got! Not that there's anything wrong with any of the other colleges, but still :wink: There's a reason Emma Watson picked it :P.
Original post by ROBBY7896
Goood!! Your so lucky you got Worcester out of all the colleges you could of got! Not that there's anything wrong with any of the other colleges, but still :wink: There's a reason Emma Watson picked it :P.

I know, i feel blessed :awesome:

Actually can't wait! I'm definitely looking forward to the food... :sexface:

grades permitting
Original post by Beccy21
SAME well I got a B last year but still Chemistry is SO boring!!!!

I know, right?! I'm trying to force myself to enjoy it and am now revising chemistry hardcore as...well, I'd rather not completely fail and get a U (as I did in my mock a couple of weeks ago :s-smilie:) What subject are you applying for?
Original post by Niki_girl
I take A-level English lit., History and Theology & Ethics (otherwise known as RE, basically :tongue:, although it is slightly different because it's about evaluating ethical theories and analysing meanings behind certain ideas in the Bible, rather than "RE" as in learning about the practices of different religions, which is what GCSE RE is like).

Last year I did AS Biology and Extended Project too, in addition to English lit. & History, and about a year ago I changed from AS Chemistry to AS Theology & Ethics and haven't looked back since!

My offer is from Worcester :heart: :love: - what about you?

Aaah, awesome (I've actually come to love English lit so much over my AS year!) Theology and Ethics sounds rather interesting (though I don't think I'd be able to solely analyse religious beliefs etc... and so I think philosophy is more for me).

I was loking into doing the EPG, but my school doesn't offer it. Looking back however, that may have been a blessing in disguise!

LOADS of people seem to have offers from Wocester! I originally applied to Keble but I have an open offer, so I could end up at any college which offers biology, really (though ironicaly, I'm statistcally most likely to end up at Keble :tongue:)
Original post by SquirrelNutter412
Any Biologists or people from LMH lurking around here?

Classics & English so not a Biologist by a long shot, but LMH! :smile:
So it turns out that I applied to the least known Oxford college ever. The ONLY two Trinity alumni I have ever even heard of are William Pitt the Elder, who didn't even finish his degree, and Jay Gatsby, who's fictional... :p:
Original post by michael321
So it turns out that I applied to the least known Oxford college ever. The ONLY two Trinity alumni I have ever even heard of are William Pitt the Elder, who didn't even finish his degree, and Jay Gatsby, who's fictional... :p:

And he only went there for a year!
Original post by such_a_lady
And he only went there for a year!

Dammit. You aren't helping here you know :wink:
Original post by michael321

Think again: Harris Manchester is definitely a candidate for the least known Oxford college ever :smile:.. They didn't even exist as an official college until 1996 or something :biggrin:
Original post by AnimalSpirit
Think again: Harris Manchester is definitely a candidate for the least known Oxford college ever :smile:.. They didn't even exist as an official college until 1996 or something :biggrin:

You'll make it famous, Jakob :wink:
Original post by such_a_lady
You'll make it famous, Jakob :wink:

Haha let's hope so! I still have to figure out for what I'll make it famous :biggrin:
Original post by Jack Dolan
Same! My PAT was a catastrophe, don't know how I got a place. Which college are you at?

I guess we're just amazing :wink:
Christ Church, you?
Reply 215
Original post by EnragedWin
AAA for French at Jesus College :smile: woooooo!

French Sole? You're so lucky to be at Jesus doing French, your tutor is amaaaaazing!
Reply 216
Original post by Chaofan88
I know, right?! I'm trying to force myself to enjoy it and am now revising chemistry hardcore as...well, I'd rather not completely fail and get a U (as I did in my mock a couple of weeks ago :s-smilie:) What subject are you applying for?

I'm applying for PPE - which makes it extra difficult to motivate myself to learn about electrophilic addition as it's completely irrelevant, but I've got to the point no where I've completely given up trying to understand any of it and am literally just memorizing my CPG guide! Do you have an exam in January? :smile:
Original post by Beccy21
I'm applying for PPE - which makes it extra difficult to motivate myself to learn about electrophilic addition as it's completely irrelevant, but I've got to the point no where I've completely given up trying to understand any of it and am literally just memorizing my CPG guide! Do you have an exam in January? :smile:

What?! You mean you've put yourself through such a hellhole of a subject without even needing it :eek3: (PPE sounds awesome though). I consider chemistry a necessary evil on the enlightened path to studying biological sciences :tongue: Thankfully my offer has actually given me the motivation to revise chemistry (bit late, but hey!) I have a chem and bio exam this January and am freaking out a little bit with all the need to get A*A and all that malarchy. CGP guides are lifesavers for chemistry! How many subjects are you taking?
Original post by Zoedotdot
Oi! That's my job :judge:

Awww :h:

You guys are so adorable.

Zoe :love:

imma leave now :wink:

Spoiler

Original post by fluteflute
It's enough of a job keeping the Facebook group together... :tongue:

Which is why you should pass all power to me! :judge:
Reply 219
Offer from Lincoln for PPE :biggrin: I never see any lincolners around this site though, anyone about? :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending