The Student Room Group

The Oxford 2012 Results Day Discussion Thread

Scroll to see replies

Reply 2460
Hey guys!

Just wanna ask, have you all sent your colleges the Financial Guarantee Form that came with the offer letter?
Original post by vanesavu
Hey guys!

Just wanna ask, have you all sent your colleges the Financial Guarantee Form that came with the offer letter?

Some colleges haven't sent it.
Original post by Reminisce
Some colleges haven't sent it.
I don't think UK undergraduates get it, it's for people not getting support through Student Finance.
Hey guys!

Just to confirm what other people have already said, I'm a prospective UK student and I haven't received anything like this either :smile:
Hey guys!

I have returned it, but apparently there were some problems with payment of the college fee - the academic administrator at my college is sorting it out with the College Bursar at the moment, so I'm just awaiting answer :smile:
Reply 2465
Original post by AnimalSpirit
I have returned it, but apparently there were some problems with payment of the college fee - the academic administrator at my college is sorting it out with the College Bursar at the moment, so I'm just awaiting answer :smile:

I haven´t returned it yet. There were some problems with bank statements that will be sorted out in a week, so I´m a bit worried as the deadline is 31 July, and according to the letter it is one of the conditions as significant as the academic conditions which I have already met. And I haven´t heard from Ox since I had my IB results. .......:s-smilie::confused:
I haven´t returned it yet. There were some problems with bank statements that will be sorted out in a week, so I´m a bit worried as the deadline is 31 July, and according to the letter it is one of the conditions as significant as the academic conditions which I have already met. And I haven´t heard from Ox since I had my IB results. .......:s-smilie::confused:

I wad told not to worry about the 31 July deadline, but I guess that's because I have been in contact with them all along (really can't complain about the service at HMC - they have been so nice throughout the whole process). But if you're worried, you should let them know about the problems you have run into?
I do share the feeling of suddenly being worried about the non-academic conditions, though :smile:. Even though I have met my offer months ago, I still have this irrational fear of something getting in the way in the last minute. I guess it's because I feel like Oxford would be so much to lose :biggrin:

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Reply 2467
I can't wait till Octoberrrrrrrrr! :excited:

edit: what day do we actually have to be there?.. :erm:
Reply 2468
Original post by Frey
I can't wait till Octoberrrrrrrrr! :excited:

edit: what day do we actually have to be there?.. :erm:

Your college should write to you shortly after A level results day to tell you all sorts of useful stuff, including when you should go up. 0th week starts on Sunday 30th September, so you'll probably be going up on the 1st or 2nd October.
Is Fresher's Week an actual whole week at Oxford? And what are the dates, usually?
Original post by doloroushazy
Is Fresher's Week an actual whole week at Oxford? And what are the dates, usually?

You'll arrive in 0th week. Term starts on the 7th of October this year, you'll probably be asked to arrive on the 1st.

Yes, Fresher's week is an actual week in that no formal studying is going on and there are always activities, but I think it's pretty common practice to get set work halfway through. Its not particularly important work and the tutors seem pretty lenient about it.
Reply 2471
Original post by qwertyuiop1993
You'll arrive in 0th week. Term starts on the 7th of October this year, you'll probably be asked to arrive on the 1st.

Yes, Fresher's week is an actual week in that no formal studying is going on and there are always activities, but I think it's pretty common practice to get set work halfway through. Its not particularly important work and the tutors seem pretty lenient about it.

:beard: nice
Original post by qwertyuiop1993

I have to arrive on the 30th of september, i think. gracias! i'd heard that it's only a weekend aha, i knew about the work though (only at oxford...)
Speaking of which, what dates have you got for the first loan instalment for SF? Mine's 07.10 and I'm trying to change it but after months of calls, they told me I have to ask Oxford to contact them. Otherwise I will have no money that week :/
Original post by such_a_lady
Speaking of which, what dates have you got for the first loan instalment for SF? Mine's 07.10 and I'm trying to change it but after months of calls, they told me I have to ask Oxford to contact them. Otherwise I will have no money that week :/

Yeah I'm the same. I have some EMA money saved that I can use to get me and my stuff over to Oxford and last me for that week. I really don't understand why they give it to us the exact day we're meant to start?? how are we expected to pay for transport, books etc?!?
Original post by medbh4805
Yeah I'm the same. I have some EMA money saved that I can use to get me and my stuff over to Oxford and last me for that week. I really don't understand why they give it to us the exact day we're meant to start?? how are we expected to pay for transport, books etc?!?

And battels and FOOD and joining societies and the obvious going out etc!?
Original post by such_a_lady
And battels and FOOD and joining societies and the obvious going out etc!?

At LMH you can put off paying the battels, food etc for a while so I'm okay on that front.

BUT HOW AM I SUPPOSED TO DRINK WITHOUT MONEY :fuhrer: :fuhrer: :fuhrer:
Reply 2477
At LMH you can put off paying the battels, food etc for a while so I'm okay on that front.

grow a vineyard/ make some homemade whisky? :pierre:
Original post by Frey
grow a vineyard/ make some homemade whisky? :pierre:

takes too much time/is illegal :sadnod:

Eek i know! I guess I'll probably end up buying cheap vodka or whatever and going all out on the pre-drinks instead of buying much out :K:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending