The Student Room Group

The Oxford 2012 Results Day Discussion Thread

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1660
I just wanted to say hi :biggrin: into this thread
Original post by medbh4805
My brother's school is planning to release a sheep onto our school grounds on Thursday (we have a rivalry that goes back a while). I think it's just hot air tbh, but I'll be impressed if they go through with it.

In my school, which is in the suburbs of London, there is an archaic rule that permits only the head boy to graze his sheep on the 1st team's playing fields.
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 1662
x

the worst thing anyone ever did at our school on last days was draw a massive willy (:teehee:) on the school's grounds with weed killer, which gradually became a very bold and powerful etching upon our school's prized lawn :colondollar: I think this is because they seem to pay far more attention to the grounds than the pupils sometimes... :grumble:
(edited 11 years ago)
I quite like the librarian even if they all hate him because he doesn't tolerate their crap. :colonhash:
It annoys me when people moan about librarians telling them to be quiet...
(edited 11 years ago)
Original post by fluteflute
It annoys me when people moan about librarians telling them to be quiet...

Agreed.

YOU'RE IN A LIBRARY FFS. STFU! :fuhrer:
Reply 1665
Got my tips at work today... spent most of it on cheese...

white stilton with mango and ginger..........j'aime le fromage.. :drool:
Reply 1666
Original post by RowanL
I just wanted to say hi :biggrin: into this thread

hi there, what course are you taking? :smile:
Original post by Frey
yes, Jack, fruit fetishes; a way to a woman's libido is oranges, always remember that son :holmes:

Original post by KingMessi
Thank you for that sound, albeit dubious, advice...noted...:work:

But... Oranges Are Not The Only Fruit!!

(:sexface: if anyone gets this)

Original post by fluteflute
I go away for three days and the thread grows by ten pages :-o

(Ah well, there was a time when it was growing ten pages in three hours :tongue:)

How was Dublin??

Original post by AnimalSpirit
Has this turned into a classics thread? :no:

It's a sad, sad day for the rest of us...
Reply 1668
Original post by such_a_lady

:sexface:
My schools' end of year pranks has descended into slut-shaming, targeting and just plain bullying of the years below us.

Genuinely thought some people were better than that - it's not a bit of fun at all, it's got really nasty and horrible. I feel really awful about it because, predictably, the years below are taking it badly and are planning to target the night out we have planned & booked in a local bar.

Can't wait to leave this school and never look back. :colonhash:

Yes is it lol.

The worst thing is that no one seems to have any perspective, as in, why putting a poster up in the common room with someone's photo on it saying 'Have you seen this slut?' isn't something most people find funny unless they're about 13 years old and live in the Mean Girls universe.

I really find it hard to believe. These are educated, intelligent women, almost all of whom are going to university next year. I genuinely thought most people had grown out of this sort of crap.

everyone is getting ridiculously emotional about getting the leavers' hoodies/watching our formal DVD on the last day, etc. I was getting into it, but now I feel kinda repulsed after what I've seen some people writing on facebook, twitter etc. I almost don't want to go in at all :emo:

I genuinely feel ashamed of my school.

Sorry to hear that :hugs: :/ Okay, I thought my year was bad. It's tradition to dress up on the last day but no one had mentioned anything so I posted asking about it in the Facebook group (I'm not in the Sixth Form Council, thank God), and loads of people had different ideas, so I made a poll, and got attacked for it :frown: People just criticising left right and centre about how it's "undemocratic" because you can vote for more than one option, leaving "the majority unhappy", comparing me to Putin, people saying I have no logic in view of some of the options there, then I reply and people are like, ohhh Chiara's kicking off!! Which I hate :colonhash: and then they call that "civilised debate", and start having a go at the one person who defends me.

I feel worse for you though :/ At least you don't have to see them ever again.

(:sexface: if anyone gets this)

:eek: I actually thought about writing that myself! :five:

Ahhh, but they're all going to Queen's University Belfast so they don't have to make new friends and can come home every weekend.

Original post by KingMessi
Aha, what a loss for them. There are a number of ex-peers of mine who have gone to Manchester University, and, from what I've heard, haven't really branched out much either. A number of them were couples as well, so they've become a mini-clique at uni. It seems a waste to me. :erm:

Yeah everyone from the year above me went to Southampton. In my year, I swear at least 50% of them are ALL going to Winchester. It's the annoyingly loud cliquey girls (some of whom are my friends individually but I have to actively glare at the whole group when they choose the library as a place to hang out, giggle, discuss Disney films, swoon about how amaaaazing their Zumba class was, plan their next party (some of them used to be really nerdy and are now over-compensating, wildly) and generally make loads of noise because we clearly haven't got anywhere else to hang out, BABES :rolleyes: While some of us actually want to do some work... But yeah, so many people are going to Winchester, and half of them actually changed their minds about their firm choice simply because everyone else is going there. Madness.
Original post by Frey

AMAZING. Can we form a cheese club at Oxford?

Original post by anyone_can_fly
:eek: I actually thought about writing that myself! :five:

:biggrin: :five:
Reply 1673
AMAZING. Can we form a cheese club at Oxford?

is there not not one already??? WHAT DEVILISHNESS IS THIS?! :fuhrer:

That would actually be sooooo nice, because cheese is so expensive (especially nice cheese on a student budget :colondollar: So if there was a little system where everyone chipped in a tiny bit we could make a cheese club where we would have crackers, cheese and grapes on a college lawn or something....it sounds heavenly! :colondollar:
Sorry to hear that :hugs: :/ Okay, I thought my year was bad. It's tradition to dress up on the last day but no one had mentioned anything so I posted asking about it in the Facebook group (I'm not in the Sixth Form Council, thank God), and loads of people had different ideas, so I made a poll, and got attacked for it :frown: People just criticising left right and centre about how it's "undemocratic" because you can vote for more than one option, leaving "the majority unhappy", comparing me to Putin, people saying I have no logic in view of some of the options there, then I reply and people are like, ohhh Chiara's kicking off!! Which I hate :colonhash: and then they call that "civilised debate", and start having a go at the one person who defends me.

I feel worse for you though :/ At least you don't have to see them ever again.

Sixth year facebook pages in general are terrible. We've managed to have arguments about the colour of the leavers hoodies, the font of the leavers hoodies, what song to play at the end of term assembly, the yearbook awards, and a dozen other things (to the extent that the 'about' page of the group now reads "Hate, hate, hate, hate, hate, hate..."). I think people just feel able to say much crueller things on facebook, and because you can't see others reactions you're less likely to realise you've gone too far.

We don't have one uni that everyone's going to, though there are big Glasgow/Aberdeen contingents. There are only 4 people going to England, though (out of ~160).
Original post by anyone_can_fly
Sixth year facebook pages in general are terrible. We've managed to have arguments about the colour of the leavers hoodies, the font of the leavers hoodies, what song to play at the end of term assembly, the yearbook awards, and a dozen other things (to the extent that the 'about' page of the group now reads "Hate, hate, hate, hate, hate, hate..."). I think people just feel able to say much crueller things on facebook, and because you can't see others reactions you're less likely to realise you've gone too far.

We don't have one uni that everyone's going to, though there are big Glasgow/Aberdeen contingents. There are only 4 people going to England, though (out of ~160).

:lolwut:

I'm trying to think of anyone going to Scotland :s-smilie: I think maybe one person is going to Edinburgh?! Although I don't know about lots of the mathsy boys, may have to ask them.
Our leavers' hoodies are actually organised by the lower sixths who do the Certificate of Personal Effectiveness for their business project (I know because I did it last year lol, don't judge me, it was literally cope or cookery), so we don't have to deal with any arguments about that stuff. I stayed off school today to avoid the showdown, so I won't get mine until tomorrow....:colonhash:

Chiara: :frown: :hugs: I hate when people get like that, it's so horrible and it's obvious that they're just targeting one person. Just forget about it and ignore their ****e. Also lol at them comparing you to Putin. I mean seriously. :lolwut:

btw I don't know why people get so enthusiastic about zumba. tell them if they really want to look better they should be doing weights, or if they want to improve aerobic fitness running is a far better bet. i hate fitness fads. :colonhash:
Original post by Frey

:coma:

white stilton with apricots though

:sogood:
:coma:

white stilton with apricots though

:sogood:

Or Wensleydale with apricots. Or ginger. Or cranberries.
And Grainne: we don't have hoodies. Or yearbooks. Thank God.
We got yearbooks in Y11, and we have another set of 'awards' at prom, most of which are comical (best bum, biggest donkey)...why, in both Y11 and Y13, do they have 'nicest' and 'funniest' and 'best looking' but never 'smartest' or 'nerdiest' or 'biggest know it all' :frown:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending