Results are out! Find what you need...fast. Get quick advice or join the chat
Hey there Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

The Oxford 2012 Results Day Discussion Thread

Announcements Posted on
Applying to Uni? Let Universities come to you. Click here to get your perfect place 20-10-2014
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by medbh4805)
    Yes

I have my A2 history exam this afternoon

why am I on tsr?!? :cry: so nervous :cry: :cry:
    Good luck!

I'm currently making a revision pack for the Roman statues/forums that I need to learn about for Classical Civilisation. I'm cutting up lots of pictures and putting them alongside my notes. Feels more like a craft project than actual revision :')
    • 56 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sosotalk)
    Good luck!

I'm currently making a revision pack for the Roman statues/forums that I need to learn about for Classical Civilisation. I'm cutting up lots of pictures and putting them alongside my notes. Feels more like a craft project than actual revision :')
    that sounds fun :daydreaming:

my exam was actually okay, the essay was straightforward rise of Sinn Fein and I found in the source questions I knew more about the anglo-irish war than I thought I did. The thing about history is that it was taking up all my revision time, so now I can actually do some Latin or Greek which is actually relevant to my degree
    • 56 followers

ReputationRep:
    is anyone else ridiculously excited for eurovision tonight?
    • 82 followers

ReputationRep:
    is anyone else ridiculously excited for eurovision tonight?
    I'll only be watching the final...

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
    • 56 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by such_a_lady)

:fuhrer: no dedication, no dedication at all
    • 82 followers

ReputationRep:
    :fuhrer: no dedication, no dedication at all
    I think I'm supposed to be Skyping tonight :dontknow: you don't have twitter, do you? And what's your opinion on jedward?

• 56 followers

ReputationRep:
    I think I'm supposed to be Skyping tonight :dontknow: you don't have twitter, do you? And what's your opinion on jedward?
    I don't have twitter, no.

I loathe them. However, since it is eurovision, I have no choice but to support them. upa ra
    • 82 followers

ReputationRep:

I loathe them. However, since it is eurovision, I have no choice but to support them. upa ra
    I was thinking that you should totally get twitter; I would love to read your opinions and mini rants

How's the German going?

• 56 followers

ReputationRep:
    I was thinking that you should totally get twitter; I would love to read your opinions and mini rants
    I think for the sake of any future career I might pursue that this is a good reason for me not to get twitter

also i wouldn't know how to start :ashamed2:

How's the German going?
    haven't had much time for it sadly :sadnod: I'll try to get back into it in June and then work on it over summer. I'd like to hit B1 before coming to Oxford, but I know that's really ambitious considering the state of my German atm :lol:
    • 28 followers

ReputationRep:
    This :yep:

I think for the sake of any future career I might pursue that this is a good reason for me not to get twitter
    It's so addictive but sooo good
    • 56 followers

ReputationRep:
    songs I liked:

Israel
    Greece
    Romania
    Austria
    Moldova
    San Marino

Russian grannies=overrated

obvs jedward too

montenegro and albania...da*** :lolwut:
    • 56 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by manic_fuzz)
    This :yep:
    :fuhrer:

It's so addictive but sooo good
    I don't know if I need more addictive things in my life...
    • 56 followers

ReputationRep:
    3/6

IRELAND :woo: :woo: :woo: :woo:
    • 16 followers

ReputationRep:

You should get twitter!

Just dropping by to say someone is stalking the old thread MKI
    • 56 followers

ReputationRep:
    I've just got an offer to au pair in Russia during the summer

Any idea on how to persuade my mother to let me go? Or am I 'crazy' (in her words) to want to go to Russia? I need some outside perspective here :beard:
    • 16 followers

ReputationRep:
    I've just got an offer to au pair in Russia during the summer

Any idea on how to persuade my mother to let me go? Or am I 'crazy' (in her words) to want to go to Russia? I need some outside perspective here :beard:
    :eek: wow, how did you manage that?

Tell her what an amazing opportunity it is. Free holiday + pay for uni + learn russian :erm: and how there isn't much work going where you are?
    • 56 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Brand New Eyes)
    :eek: wow, how did you manage that?'
    :pierre:

Tell her what an amazing opportunity it is. Free holiday + pay for uni + learn russian :erm: and how there isn't much work going where you are?
    Yeah I tried that

unfortunately she thinks that I'm going to end up being forced into prostitution or something
    I'm prepared to pay for my flights and all, I'm not even asking her for anything. My salary will probably cover them anyway :cry2:
    • 16 followers

ReputationRep:

Yeah I tried that

unfortunately she thinks that I'm going to end up being forced into prostitution or something
    I'm prepared to pay for my flights and all, I'm not even asking her for anything. My salary will probably cover them anyway :cry2:
    :cry2: y u no tell me. I saw a posting on gumtree for an au pair in Germany but thought it was a bit risky.

Hmm maybe stalk the couple a bit, research and stuff :dontknow: is it in a safe part of Russia?
    • 82 followers

ReputationRep:

Yeah I tried that

Congratulations!!! I wanted to do that in Germany but...I already have a job have you shown her the website/put her into contact with the organisers?

• 56 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Brand New Eyes)
    :cry2: y u no tell me. I saw a posting on gumtree for an au pair in Germany but thought it was a bit risky.
    newaupair.com :yy:

Hmm maybe stalk the couple a bit, research and stuff :dontknow: is it in a safe part of Russia?
    That's what I was planning to do anyway, but my mum is coming out with some shockingly xenophobic things now so I think it might be just not worth the grief. le sigh
    it's in st petersburg ffs

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By joining you agree to our Ts and Cs, privacy policy and site rules

2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: August 27, 2012
New on TSR
Article updates
Reputation gems:
You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.