The Student Room Group

The Oxford 2012 Results Day Discussion Thread

Scroll to see replies

Original post by The Lyceum
I love animals and would treat them with care and respect. It would be a friendly relationship. Until, of course, an enemy arises, making a similar pact with various swans and end up having a brutal fight all over the city. :frown:

EDIT: Also, Anyone can Fly, I think a chariot may be easier for them to pull.

Swans vs. ducks....could get very bloody :sadnod:
Original post by medbh4805
My mum said she would be okay with it if it was France or Germany, the trouble is that it's much more competitive to get a family within the EU (because the languages are more popular, better working conditions/rights etc, often better pay, easier if you live in another EU country etc etc), but I have relatively little experience working with children and no childcare qualifications - all the EU families I contacted didn't even get back to me (not surprisingly, since for the ones with dates which suited me, there were often 100+ other people) :emo:

:cry2:

If you're OK with not making money, you could try WWOOFing? You still get free accommodation and food and language learning in the country of your choice (in exchange for work), but you don't need childcare experience and it should be less competitive.
Original post by anyone_can_fly
If you're OK with not making money, you could try WWOOFing? You still get free accommodation and food and language learning in the country of your choice (in exchange for work), but you don't need childcare experience and it should be less competitive.

but, but...you have to be outside! :nooo: thanks, I'll look into that :yes:
Reply 1803
My mum said she would be okay with it if it was France or Germany, the trouble is that it's much more competitive to get a family within the EU (because the languages are more popular, better working conditions/rights etc, often better pay, easier if you live in another EU country etc etc), but I have relatively little experience working with children and no childcare qualifications - all the EU families I contacted didn't even get back to me (not surprisingly, since for the ones with dates which suited me, there were often 100+ other people) :emo:

:cry2:

What is your timing? I know a French family w/ 2 girls and a boy that are just moving back to France after a year in the US. Bordeaux, I think but could check....actually husband is french, wife is Irish (Kildare, I think).
Original post by DCDude
What is your timing? I know a French family w/ 2 girls and a boy that are just moving back to France after a year in the US. Bordeaux, I think but could check....actually husband is french, wife is Irish (Kildare, I think).

:holmes:

Any time between the first of July and mid September
Reply 1805
:holmes:

Any time between the first of July and mid September

I'll check then, & get back to you. May take a few days.
Original post by DCDude
I'll check then, & get back to you. May take a few days.

Thank you! :adore:
I've finished my exams!

:woo::woo::woo::woo::woo::woo::woo::woo:

:elefant::elefant::elefant::elefant::elefant::elefant::elefant::elefant::elefant:

:party2::party2::party2::party2:

:parrot::parrot::parrot::parrot::parrot::parrot::parrot::parrot::parrot:

:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Sorry. I'll go away now.
I've finished my exams!

Sorry. I'll go away now.
Whoop! Much planned for the Summer?
Original post by fluteflute
Whoop! Much planned for the Summer?

We have a school physics trip to CERN, and then I'm WWOOFing in Israel and Palestine for two months. :biggrin: You?
We have a school physics trip to CERN, and then I'm WWOOFing in Israel and Palestine for two months. :biggrin: You?
Ooh sounds fun!

Orchestra tour to France, family center parcs holiday, and five weeks of work at the end :biggrin: Lots of time inbetween those to fill in though!

I am extremely jelly.
I am extremely jelly.

I'm sure you'll find something awesome to do. And even if you don't you'll probably learn fifteen languages over the holiday anyway. :wink:
Reply 1813
I've finished my exams!

:woo::woo::woo::woo::woo::woo::woo::woo:

:elefant::elefant::elefant::elefant::elefant::elefant::elefant::elefant::elefant:

:party2::party2::party2::party2:

:parrot::parrot::parrot::parrot::parrot::parrot::parrot::parrot::parrot:

:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Sorry. I'll go away now.

SAME!!! =D

And that physics paper was a joy, and it means I'm totally meeting my conditions... :smile:
For those of us who still have exams: how's revision going?
Original post by Chaofan88

Stessfully. currently angsting over my greek verse exam tomorrow while nearly about to faint from the heat

I can't handle these temperatures at all :nooo:
Original post by Chaofan88

Not bad... I've got 2 of the easyish ones out of the way, now I have exactly two weeks before the other 7! Also I've been revising at school which apart from being vaguely depressing is quite productive.. don't know how I'm going to cope during half term, I procrastinate sooo much when I'm at home!

Hope revision is going well for everyone else too :biggrin:

Stessfully. currently angsting over my greek verse exam tomorrow while nearly about to faint from the heat

I can't handle these temperatures at all :nooo:

Good luck!
Original post by candide
SAME!!! =D

And that physics paper was a joy, and it means I'm totally meeting my conditions... :smile:

Yeah :smile: I didn't really revise because I've had a chest infection for the last ten days (and also because I have unending potential for procrastination) so I didn't do as well as I should have, but I'm still pretty confident of getting an A. (Mind you, there was one question I really failed at - the one where you had to make the weight equal to the magnetic force or something, I just sat there and went "but there's no formula connecting mass and current!".) What are your summer plans?
the one where you had to make the weight equal to the magnetic force or something, I just sat there and went "but there's no formula connecting mass and current!"
F=BIl ? :tongue:
Original post by fluteflute
F=BIl ? :tongue:

That is indeed what I should have done. The question was, "The mass per unit length of the conductor AB is 5.70 x 10^(-3) km/m. When the conductors are separated by 6.0mm, the current I in conductor CD is gradually increased. Calculate the value of I which reduces the tension in the supporting threads to zero."

And I just didn't click, and in the end wrote down I = 0A. :ninja:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending