Original post by TheatreLovely
I'm not going to my school's prom...

Why? :o:
Original post by medbh4805
I took a friend. :pierre:

Doing the same :five:
Original post by Reminisce
Doing the same :five:

It's the best way - at least you won't look back and think 'what was I thinking', like a couple of my friends are who took their (now ex-)boyfriends :teehee:....the only the thing is that our photographs are hilariously awkward as the photographer made us put our arms around each other as if we were a couple :colonhash:
Original post by Reminisce
Who's got a date for prom? :wink:

Mine was last year and I didn't go...

I'm not going to my school's prom...

How come?
It finished at one and I'm working tonight so it's a good thing there wasn't an after party. And it was amazing :wink: Although the number of people asking me "Aww have you had a little too much to drink?" when I was sober was slightly worrying. Was considering not going but I'm glad I did :redface: we didn't have dates either. Came second for Most likely to rule the world and third for Most likely to be richer than Lord Sugar :colonhash:

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
:lol: my sister has just joined TSR :rofl:
Original post by such_a_lady
:lol: my sister has just joined TSR :rofl:

:ninja:

:tongue:
Screw FP3.
I totally messed up FP1 :cry2:
I totally messed up FP1 :cry2:

Remind me how many A levels are you doing? :tongue:
Original post by fluteflute
Remind me how many A levels are you doing? :tongue:

shhhh. Not good for my confidence though :cry2:, even though I knew going into it I was unprepared (well, underprepared). hopefully I'll get an A in D1 and that and M2 will pull me up to a B :beard:
Really hoping I haven't left Law revision too late. I only need a D to hit the A overall so that's not a problem, but I want an A* and I got exactly 90% in January.
Original post by TheDefiniteArticle
Really hoping I haven't left Law revision too late. I only need a D to hit the A overall so that's not a problem, but I want an A* and I got exactly 90% in January.
The gap between A and A* is pretty huge (in some ways). I guess it's good they brought it in...
ergh. Started exams yesterday, and it was suuposed to be one of my "easier" papers, if you know what I mean. I panicked slightly and messed up the timing (also, the lady took ages to find me more paper to write on) so that I didn't haven't time to read over my answers....

Every minute that goes by I think of possible spelling/punctuation/ grammar mistakes I could have made...not to mention the fact that a relatively "easy" essay came up, but since it was the 3rd essay I wrote, my brain was so frazzled that I wrote some really bizarre points, rather than the ones that I had prepared.

Stupid brain :frown:

By the way, it doesn't matter if you write on extra paper in an exam, and write your details and attach it, does it? I mean, I wrote the conclusion to 2 seperate questions on the same sheet of A4, but as long as I wrote the question no. and part by each one, they will still read it, right? :cry:

Oh God. If I'm like this now, what am I going to be like after my "hard" exams, waiting for results...?
The gap between A and A* is pretty huge (in some ways). I guess it's good they brought it in...

To be honest I can't see why they don't include AS in awarding it. I know AS is supposedly easier, and I can see that for subjects like maths and the sciences, but for essay subjects the gap is minimal.
Original post by TheDefiniteArticle
To be honest I can't see why they don't include AS in awarding it. I know AS is supposedly easier, and I can see that for subjects like maths and the sciences, but for essay subjects the gap is minimal.
Because it forces people who get high UMS in the first year to actually work a little bit at their final exams :tongue:
Because it forces people who get high UMS in the first year to actually work a little bit at their final exams :tongue:

:getmecoat:
Why? :o:

Original post by KingMessi

How come?

Partly because I have a job working at a hotel in Germany and have to start two days before the prom, but also because I really haven't enjoyed the social/community aspect of sixth form.

Why didn't you go to yours KingMessi?
Partly because I have a job working at a hotel in Germany and have to start two days before the prom, but also because I really haven't enjoyed the social/community aspect of sixth form.

Why didn't you go to yours KingMessi?

Fair enough; do you regret it?

I was on holiday in Zante. :sigh: Apparently I didn't miss much, but I'm sure that it would have been preferable to being in Zante...
Original post by KingMessi
Fair enough; do you regret it?

I was on holiday in Zante. :sigh: Apparently I didn't miss much, but I'm sure that it would have been preferable to being in Zante...

:holmes: What happened in Zante?

My friends won't go on a holiday despite all my efforts to convince them. :cry2:
(edited 11 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending