The Student Room Group

Three questions regarding application

I’m currently enrolled at Man Met doing Film & Media, 1st year.

Had an epiphany mid term, realised what a fool I was for wasting my time attending a mickey mouse uni on a mickey mouse course and now I want to apply for English Lit elsewhere.

I think that I'm pretty academically capable, I got two firsts so far both for pieces of coursework which I started on the morning they were due in. Admittedly the marking standards probably aren't that stringent at such a joke of a uni but I haven't met too many other students on my course that got firsts on their first bits of work.

Basically I have three questions

Firstly, if I were to start again would I be covered by UCAS for my first year?

Also, this is a strange question but if I were to reapply for the 2012 year will I be able to complete the rest of my year at Man Met? Living in halls is a better environment for me to be in rather than just stewing at home doing noting.

Finally, my GCSEs are poor due to missing 60% of year 11 due to suspected hepatitis, is there a way of informing my universities of choice of extenuating circumstances so that they won't just take one glance at my GCSEs and bin my application? I received two rejections for my 2011 application due to my "GCSE Profile".

Thanks for your help.
Reply 1
Your extenuating circumstances should have been mentioned in your reference?

If not e-mail the universities and explain your situation.
Reply 2
WTF does "covered by UCAS" mean? You probably want to know about student finance, which has **** all to do with UCAS. In which case, yes, you will be eligible for student finance.

Yes, you can complete the year if you wish. If you do, unis may make you a conditional offer based on your first year results. It might even be better finance wise to complete the year, as if you drop out you may have to pay loans/grants back straight away, but may also be liable for accommodation fees til June.

And your referee exaplains your circumstances in your reference. If they can't you ask them to email your unis and explain, although unis don't have to take any additional information into account.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending