The Student Room Group
Student at University of Edinburgh
University of Edinburgh

Postgraduate Application 2012 entry

Scroll to see replies

Reply 100
"Did anyone apply for an funding? And has anyone heard back yet?"

Hi,

I'm not entirely sure about Master's, but PhD funding from the university has now been announced. Are you waiting on funding from the university itself, or from an outside body? The two have quite different deadlines.

Fingers crossed for you!
Student at University of Edinburgh
University of Edinburgh
Reply 101
Original post by Nirvana86
While I was writing here, the Postgraduate Office replied as follows: "I’m still screening applications received in April and it may be some weeks before I get to yours".

Well, it will be a looong wait!

Ah, well good luck! I hope to see you in September!
Reply 102
Original post by JLouisa
Hello everyone,

I have an offer to study the European Law LLM at Edinburgh, conditional upon getting a 2:1 in my current degree. Have you found out yet?

Did anyone apply for an funding? And has anyone heard back yet?

I got the reply from the scholarship of Master degree already :smile: I think they are sending emails out these days
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 103
Original post by seraph_
I got the reply from the scholarship of Master degree already :smile: I think they are sending emails out these days

Do you mean "Edinburgh UK/EU Master's Scholarships"?
Reply 104

I received the notification from another scholarship
Reply 105
Original post by seraph_
I received the notification from another scholarship

Ok, thank you, Seraph :wink:
Reply 106
Ok, thank you, Seraph :wink:

Wish you good luck :smile:
Reply 107
Original post by lovemolly
"Did anyone apply for an funding? And has anyone heard back yet?"

Hi,

I'm not entirely sure about Master's, but PhD funding from the university has now been announced. Are you waiting on funding from the university itself, or from an outside body? The two have quite different deadlines.

Fingers crossed for you!

I have applied for funding from the University and from the school of law.

I'm so nervous, but I guess I will just have to wait patiently.

Well done on getting funding Seraph and good luck to all that have applied!
Reply 108
Original post by linda helena
Does anyone know of a Facebook group or something for new postgrads at Edinburgh uni? Would be nice to get in touch with other prospective postgrads and there are sooo few of us on this thread :frown:

Shall I create a facebook group for 2012-2013 Postgrads? It'll be nice to get to know each other before joining!
Original post by scorpri3
Shall I create a facebook group for 2012-2013 Postgrads? It'll be nice to get to know each other before joining!

Yes! I've been thinking of doing that myself as there doesn't seem to be one and like you said, it'd be nice to get in touch with others :smile:
Reply 110

good idea! What is more I checked the profile from 2011-2012 entry and I really liked the option that u can see the members by the field of study, exact course. that could be really helpful :biggrin:
Are u going to create such a group or ?

I am asking because if you will do it theres no point in me or Linda creating one as we should avoid too many groups with the same aim :smile:
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 111
Original post by imd
good idea! What is more I checked the profile from 2011-2012 entry and I really liked the option that u can see the members by the field of study, exact course. that could be really helpful :biggrin:
Are u going to create such a group or ?

I am asking because if you will do it theres no point in me or Linda creating one as we should avoid too many groups with the same aim :smile:

Oops sorry for the delay!

Here's the link for the group I created: https://www.facebook.com/groups/305678176183353/

Looking forward to meeting more UofE postgrads!
Oh and let me know if anyone wants to be admin!

Here's the link for the group I created: https://www.facebook.com/groups/305678176183353/

Me me me!! :biggrin:
Thanks for creating the group!
Reply 113
A few minutes ago I joined the group on Fb. Thank you for creating it! :wink:
Reply 114

THank you so much!!!!
And if you want to have more admins I can be also a one :smile:
Original post by imd
THank you so much!!!!
And if you want to have more admins I can be also a one :smile:

I've made you an admin :smile:
Reply 116
I got email from the UK/EU scholarship stating that I am unsucessful. I think you may soon get the notification from that scholarship.
Reply 117
Original post by seraph_
I got email from the UK/EU scholarship stating that I am unsucessful. I think you may soon get the notification from that scholarship.

me as well! :frown:
Reply 118
Original post by seraph_

Hi, seraph! Unfortunately yesterday I got an e-mail saying that I am unsuccessful too. I'll try other ways to get funding, as you already did :biggrin:
Reply 119
Hi, seraph! Unfortunately yesterday I got an e-mail saying that I am unsuccessful too. I'll try other ways to get funding, as you already did :biggrin:

Yes, go ahead for other funding. Actually I've applied three scholarship funding in the university, how much have you applied?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending