The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Overmars
He was playing centrally and having a similar tip-tap player to use (Benayoun) certainly helped. I think he is getting more praise because he ended up scoring. I have always been a big fan of Rosicky and I am a little surprised so many people won't seem to appreciate what he brings. It was similar with Hleb; for my money, Hleb was a fantastic player and crucial to our attacks...but because he didn't have any goals and assists next to his name, it didn't matter. He was "dribbly McNoscore" as Arseblog put it. Rubbish.

Do you know what Rosicky's most important contribution in the match was? It was playing an inch-perfect 40 yard pass with the outside of his foot, on the half-volley, under-pressure to Van Persie who then released Walcott for the crucial 4th goal to give us a cushion. Rosicky doesn't get an assist for that, but he played the most difficult role in the goal. But only because a deflected cross found its way to Rosicky to tap-in, his performance is highly rated. That annoys me. He usually performs like he did on Sunday. He's a very good player with fantastic ability.

His body lets him down and thats his main weakness. That (should be) the main reason he doesn't get games ahead of Ramsey. Ramsey would not have found that pass.

I remember in one game, in a counter attacking position, we were at a 3 vs 1 advantage and Ramsey played it into the sole defender :facepalm2:
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by jilebinator
Djourou apparently has been ruled out for a month...

who will be in our defence against pool then? no mertesacker, no vermalean, no djourou, no coquelin...

It either means Squid or song. i know which one i would go for. unless i am missing someone(?)

The problem is, Song is so integral to our midfield. Because of the lack of Coquelin, how do we shore up the midfield with a DM? No Diaby, no Frimpong.
Reply 5722
Could stick Sagna at CB and Jenks at RB.
Reply 5723
Who's injured and could miss the 'pool game??
Maybe go Miquel? He's looked solid at CB when he's played.
Arsenal medical conference:rofl: :facepalm2:
"Sunday's win means that Arsenal edge the head-to-head record in the league this season (6-4 on goal difference after a win apiece), and historically this suggests that Arsenal have a good chance of finishing above Spurs in the league. From the 32 previous seasons that Arsenal have had the better head-to-head record, they have gone on to finish higher than Spurs 26 times (81 per cent)."

http://www.arsenal.com/news/news-archive/42232/behind-the-numbers-

81% ! :awesome:
(edited 12 years ago)
"The Gunners have been the top north London team 17 seasons out of 19 during this time (89 per cent)"

Eat that spurs fans!
Class is permanent. :arsenal:
(edited 12 years ago)
Twitter is such a great source of information!

Vermaelen will start alongside Kompany on Wednesday (confirmed by Sporza) Good news gunners, injury seems not too bad!

Reply 5730
Yeh, remember when he first picked up the injury last season? If there was any concern at all I'd have hoped we could have got him out of that, it's not like Belgium haven't got the quality to fill in for him anyway.
Reply 5731
Oh so twitter was the source of all this worrying :facepalm2:
Original post by JK.
Yeh, remember when he first picked up the injury last season? If there was any concern at all I'd have hoped we could have got him out of that, it's not like Belgium haven't got the quality to fill in for him anyway.

I'm actually glad he's playing, from what I've read around, it seems like he wasn't to happy at his international career's progress, first losing the captaincy then losing the CB position and being forced to play LB which he understandably dislikes. I was worried he might start thinking that a move to Arsenal was not the best choice he made, and given his quality, I'm sure every top club in Europe would notice if he handed in a resignation (unlikely yes but this summer could be very bad for us)..
wow twitter is even more reliable than Arsenal.com:facepalm2:
Original post by Remarqable M
wow twitter is even more reliable than Arsenal.com:facepalm2:

welcome to the internet.
Good , he needs all the CB position experience. Hes been woeful since the LB position change.
Reply 5736
Original post by In2deep
I'm actually glad he's playing, from what I've read around, it seems like he wasn't to happy at his international career's progress, first losing the captaincy then losing the CB position and being forced to play LB which he understandably dislikes. I was worried he might start thinking that a move to Arsenal was not the best choice he made, and given his quality, I'm sure every top club in Europe would notice if he handed in a resignation (unlikely yes but this summer could be very bad for us)..

I don't really agree with that at all, tbh. The reason he lost the captaincy was due to his injury record and that only stemmed from problems picked up on international duty, when it comes down to it, Kompany is a better defender than him and proving himself to be a good leader too, Verm's not gonna be getting the captaincy back anytime soon so he should have no problems missing a nothing friendly in order to preserve himself for some massive games for the club. The way that this summer could be, as you put it, very bad for us, is if we fail to make 4th - keeping him fit is vital for us to achieve that.

In other news, it appears something may be happening on the Podolski front. I'm not willing to believe any supposed confirmations until the club actually say it's gone through but there seem to be strong suggestions that at least negotiations are taking place. Think that's great news really, regardless of whether or not get him, the indication that we're in for such a player and the attempt to get business done early is very positive.
Original post by JK.
I don't really agree with that at all, tbh. The reason he lost the captaincy was due to his injury record and that only stemmed from problems picked up on international duty, when it comes down to it, Kompany is a better defender than him and proving himself to be a good leader too, Verm's not gonna be getting the captaincy back anytime soon so he should have no problems missing a nothing friendly in order to preserve himself for some massive games for the club. The way that this summer could be, as you put it, very bad for us, is if we fail to make 4th - keeping him fit is vital for us to achieve that.

In other news, it appears something may be happening on the Podolski front. I'm not willing to believe any supposed confirmations until the club actually say it's gone through but there seem to be strong suggestions that at least negotiations are taking place. Think that's great news really, regardless of whether or not get him, the indication that we're in for such a player and the attempt to get business done early is very positive.

source
Reply 5738
Original post by antonfigo
source

Original post by Colonel.

lmao...even if that is "true" I wont be celebrating too soon. It means nothing if RVP goes.

Latest