The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by TRUE_GOONERM
In regards to Diaby, think hes a talented player, but obviously injury has hampered his development, but i dont think we should write him off just yet.

Imagine we wrote off a certain talented injury plagued Dutch striker who never seemed able to complete a season aye....

Word is we're definetly in for Podolski, & monitoring Junior Hoillett aswell as that Olivier Giroud. Theres no chance we're still in for Hazard Mvila or Goetze. Also in for a few teenage youngsters as expected. Should we acquire such, keep RVP, and get Jack back, im definetly confident going into the next season, as long as we kick out the dross eg. chamakh park squillaci denilson bendtner etc.

Albeit Diaby is a talented player, but when Jack comes back and we've got Arteta, Song, Ramsey etc. and possibly some good summer signings I find it hard to envisage him in our long term plans.
Original post by TheDizzeeKid
Albeit Diaby is a talented player, but when Jack comes back and we've got Arteta, Song, Ramsey etc. and possibly some good summer signings I find it hard to envisage him in our long term plans.

I believed he signed a long term deal last year, thus hes definetly in wengers long term plans. Have you not been wtchin da last few years ? Injuries to key players is inevitable we need proven or able players to be able to step in and do a job, not youngsters as we do now eg. coquelin frimpong even chamberlain, no matter how talented they are.

Our problem as of now is not necessaril squad depth but lack of quality in squad depth, which brings me to benayoun i feel he should of played more of a part this season, not sure if we shud sign him if we can bring in the likes of Hoillett & Poldolski
Original post by TRUE_GOONERM
I believed he signed a long term deal last year, thus hes definetly in wengers long term plans. Have you not been wtchin da last few years ? Injuries to key players is inevitable we need proven or able players to be able to step in and do a job, not youngsters as we do now eg. coquelin frimpong even chamberlain, no matter how talented they are.

Our problem as of now is not necessaril squad depth but lack of quality in squad depth, which brings me to benayoun i feel he should of played more of a part this season, not sure if we shud sign him if we can bring in the likes of Hoillett & Poldolski

I see where your coming from but when our best players go down, we need to keep up the momentum. Replacing them with bit part players who show no enthusiasm (I'm not saying he lacks enthusiasm but he barely shows it. And he's hardly vocal and he cannot lift the teams spirit in times of need)/
Original post by Overmars

He's ok though.

Well...as 'ok' as Diaby can be.

Looks like they're playing a casual game in the park tbh
no match thread for the game tonight?
finally an arsenal game... shame its not on tv.
Theirry Henry spent the entire day travelling from New York and back to spend one hour with former team mate, Fabrice Muamba. #Legend
hmm, this thread has become empty, arsenal need to start doing badly so everyone comes back.

joke. i like it this way.
Reply 6989
COYG
I have a bad feeling
Reply 6991
Starting XI:

-Szcz-
-Sagna--Kos--Verm--Gibbs-
-Song------Arteta
-Rambo-
-Walcott----------Rosicky-
-RvP-

Would rather see Rosicky starting in the middle, Oxlade out wide with Rambo coming on for one of the 2 towards the end myself. :s-smilie:
Original post by JK.
Starting XI:

-Szcz-
-Sagna--Kos--Verm--Gibbs-
-Song------Arteta
-Rambo-
-Walcott----------Rosicky-
-RvP-

Would rather see Rosicky starting in the middle, Oxlade out wide with Rambo coming on for one of the 2 towards the end myself. :s-smilie:

is this confirmed?
Reply 6993
Come on Arsenal, Man City & Stoke :colone:
Reply 6994
Yep
Reply 6995
Eww at Ramsey starting.
I know this is a wrong thing to say but I hope the muamba thing affects spurs' season like the Eduardo injury did with us. Ofcourse I still hope fabrice makes a full recovery.
Shifting Rosicky out-wide -- that's a bloody bad call, Arsene.

Why does he always **** with things that are working?
Original post by jilebinator
is this confirmed?

Yup

Maybe Wenger is catering towards the fact that Everton will defend most of the game and hence we need to keep possession otherwise counter-attack will hurt us...

Or he will unleash the Ox and Gervinho in the 67 minute to win us the game... :s-smilie:
Original post by Overmars
Shifting Rosicky out-wide -- that's a bloody bad call, Arsene.

Why does he always **** with things that are working?

In Arsene we trust :wink:

Latest