The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

This isn't going to happen but we should forget about Podolski and sign Huntelaar, a guy who has 40 goals in 38 games and an affordable (£16.8m release clause) then pair him up with RvP by switching to 4-4-2. That would win us the title but the problem is we have way too many midfielders for it to even go into consideration.
Original post by Overmars
http://fuldans.se/?v=tpoljgeecn

Hours of fun for the whole family.

(Turn your speakers down slightly if you're at the uni library or work or something)

Crouch's robot is better.

But at last, I can learn to dance like Wenger. Good times.
Original post by TheInvincibles14
This isn't going to happen but we should forget about Podolski and sign Huntelaar, a guy who has 40 goals in 38 games and an affordable (£16.8m release clause) then pair him up with RvP by switching to 4-4-2. That would win us the title but the problem is we have way too many midfielders for it to even go into consideration.

Do they get along when in the dutch squad? I always get this vibe that RVP doesn't quite blend in with the dutch squad. Maybe its just me.
I wonder where I got that notion.
Reply 7345

Is Robin reading a script? :rofl:
Original post by antonfigo
Do they get along when in the dutch squad? I always get this vibe that RVP doesn't quite blend in with the dutch squad. Maybe its just me.
I wonder where I got that notion.

I'm not sure, but a fair criticism is that the Dutch squad does have a lot of ego's which could dampen team spirit. When you look at the likes of Sneijder and Robben who on countless occasions in previous tournaments have decided to shoot instead of passing it to the main striker (most of the time RvP) then that's where the problem could stem from. Although I wouldn't be suprised if all that changes and Robin gets the golden boot at the Euro's. I doubt there is that much of a problem though, otherwise they wouldn't have reached the WC final two years ago. . Regarding Huntelaar, I'm not sure they have the best relationship because they are competing for the same spot after all...
Reply 7348
Götze extends his contract with BVB til 2016.

We've gone from no chance to getting to him to no change to getting him. :frown:
Reply 7349
Good. We were never gonna get him anyway, stops all the *******s rumours and ****e chatting.

Edit: For the guy who asked about Joel Campbell. He was doing well back at the start of his spell - was starting every match for a while but as soon as he dropped out of the first team his appearances have faded. He's made the occasional appearance off the bench recently whilst also playing intermittently for Lorient's second side. None of that sounds particularly promising but as Abira said, it's on the international stage he's most impressed this campaign, not only the goal against Spain but he got one in the friendly against Wales last month. By the sounds of it, the guy's got a lot of raw talent but has just made the wrong loan move this year/struggled to settle away from home at this age, there's no real chance of him coming in and making an impact next season it's just important that wherever he does end up is right for him.
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by Ultimate1
Great stats those.

I still find it baffling how some Arsenal fans still don't acknowledge his great work and even say he was a bad buying :facepalm:.

He's played excellent and his achievements look even better considering he is played out of position.

cool story brah :sexface:

but seen arteta get almost bullied in the middle of the path. he tends to lose the ball more than diaby when he was fit. diaby when fully fit is better than arteta brah

but arteta is still good.....but realistically song rosicky diaby/wilshire is our best cm combination :colone:
I wanted Goetze so badly. :frown:

Oh well.
Can still get him in 2013, don't know why everyone is so pessimistic. Although if you are pessimistic I can see where your coming from considering our last big signing was three years ago. Don't put it past Wenger to make another huge signing out of the blue, after all it's pretty obvious we're two or three players away from being title-challengers (providing we keep RvP).

Regarding Arteta, I think this is true:

One of the key reasons for Arsenal's rise up the Premier League table is not so much Robin van Persie's goalscoring (everyone else seems to be scoring the goals at the moment), but the team generally adapting to what they have. I feel they have dropped a little bit deeper than they did when Cesc Fabregas was there and in Arteta you have a midfielder who lacks the dynamism of Cesc, but is more disciplined. At times Cesc was like a forward, moving everywhere with plays going through him and the other players moved around him trying to get on the end of his passes. With Arteta there is more discipline; perhaps that makes Arsenal more predictable, but when they lose the ball it's more difficult to break on them because they haven't lost their positions as they might with Cesc in the team.
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by implus
Götze extends his contract with BVB til 2016.

We've gone from no chance to getting to him to no change to getting him. :frown:

Original post by Darth Vader 7
I wanted Goetze so badly. :frown:

Oh well.

I think we can still get him. Might be a smart move by Dortmund so teams have to cough up more money for him in the summer. :P
Original post by Spoonforknife
I think we can still get him. Might be a smart move by Dortmund so teams have to cough up more money for him in the summer. :P

They were always going to get something in the region of £30-£40 million. Contracts don't have that big of a bearing on price. Look at Nasri, he went for £24 million even with only one year left. God forbid, if RVP was to be sold, he'd go for roughly the same amount if he was on a hefty contract. I just think it's a sign of intention from Dortmund that he won't be going anywhere.
Goetze is definitely out of the question Hazard will be the one.
I don't want hazard the mercenary.
Reply 7357
Gotze said himself last summer he would stay for 2 more years so lets see whats what June 2013, it was always a massive outside shot to buy him anyway
Original post by word2yamother
Posted by a liverpool fan on this thread at the beginning of the season. :rofl::rofl::rofl:

no words..:rofl:
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 7359
Don't need Gotze - we will have Jack Wilshere. Also, Ox Chambo can play in he CAM role

Latest