The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Haringey is Arsenal/Spurs territory
Original post by In2deep
Barnet as well, I can't see how there is a majority Chelsea fan base in the North of Barnet :s-smilie: I'm also pretty sure that that +95% of Brent is full of Arsenal fans..

AFC Wimbledon is also over-represented I think..

'Traditional' football supporters, based on territories/gangs.

I live in the Greenwich Borough, seemingly dominated by Charlton support but I see more Chelsea shirts than Charlton ones. I only see one or two Arsenal ones, which is odd given Arsenal started in the Woolwich area.
Original post by Hantheman
Haringey is Arsenal/Spurs territory

Data seems a bit skewed against Arsenal, maybe we just notice Arsenal supporters more than others :dontknow:

Original post by Kevmeister

I live in the Greenwich Borough, seemingly dominated by Charlton support but I see more Chelsea shirts than Charlton ones. I only see one or two Arsenal ones, which is odd given Arsenal started in the Woolwich area.

Yeah, I grew up in that area as well before the Ch$lski era, don't remember any Arsenal fans, I remember a lot of Charlton fans but they were in the Premiership then so :dontknow:

I think they're ignoring glory-hunters :rofl: I guess they're easy to spot..
Reply 7423
In east, you see equal number of arsenal and west ham shirts (london), just as many united and pool as well. A couple of spurs and chelsea (though this is declining for some reason :smug: )
Reply 7424
Original post by In2deep
Data seems a bit skewed against Arsenal, maybe we just notice Arsenal supporters more than others :dontknow:

Tbf, fans of all team will probably say the same.

ROFL but that was over 100 years ago, of course there aren't going to be many arsenal supporters left over.
Original post by In2deep

Yeah, I grew up in that area as well before the Ch$lski era, don't remember any Arsenal fans, I remember a lot of Charlton fans but they were in the Premiership then so :dontknow:

I think they're ignoring glory-hunters :rofl: I guess they're easy to spot..

What they've done is essentially say 'if you live in this borough you should support x', ignoring the fact that people move house from time to time, and clubs can actually leave the area. And also, immigrants will gravitate to the club that represents them best/has players of the same heritage and so forth. London is not full of cockneys.

There's still an 'Arsenal' cafe, in Gooner red. Never see anyone in there, though, its as empty as the Emirates trophy cabinet. :awesome:
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by keyboard-warrior
ROFL but that was over 100 years ago, of course there aren't going to be many arsenal supporters left over.

Map is using 'traditional' supporter bases and territories. Next.
Map is using 'traditional' supporter bases and territories. Next.

Wait, so you assumed that by 'traditional', it must mean the map's data was based back 100 years ago?

oh dear....
Barcelona officials complainig about the Milan Pitch SURFACE.

Why this doesn't suprise me:angry: Milan need to sort out their botched up pitch or risk bad reputation.

Anyways, UEFA needs to exclude teams that poorly maintain their home pitch from participating in the champions league, because it is not fair on the opposition. You expect to play in a quality pitch Home AND away.\

Indirect cheating by Milan!
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by keyboard-warrior
Wait, so you assumed that by 'traditional', it must mean the map's data was based back 100 years ago?

oh dear....

No. It was a comment about how few Charlton fans I see in my area, and how the support has fallen away for Arsenal here, despite it's traditional roots being in this area at one point.

Stop being so ****ing petty and trying to point score by taking things out of context, thanks.
What they've done is essentially say 'if you live in this borough you should support x', ignoring the fact that people move house from time to time, and clubs can actually leave the area. And also, immigrants will gravitate to the club that represents them best/has players of the same heritage and so forth. London is not full of cockneys.

did you not read the text at the bottom right corner of the map?

There's still an 'Arsenal' cafe, in Gooner red. Never see anyone in there, though, its as empty as the Emirates trophy cabinet. :awesome:

Original post by Remarqable M

Anyways, UEFA needs to exclude teams that poorly maintain their home pitch from participating in the champions league, because it is not fair on others. You expect to play in a quality pitch Home AND away.

Cheers for the petty neg, first of all. Can't take a joke, eh?

And UEFA officials deemed the pitch surface acceptable before both matches. Cry me a ****ing river.
Why doesn't the Emirates have any trophies? Surely they're ours regardless of the pitch we play on?

Have I missed something or did they just chuck all the trophies into a scrap metal heap?
Cheers for the petty neg, first of all. Can't take a joke, eh?

And UEFA officials deemed the pitch surface acceptable before both matches. Cry me a ****ing river.

Not in this case.

only reason they accepted it was because they don't want to lose money.
No. It was a comment about how few Charlton fans I see in my area, and how the support has fallen away for Arsenal here, despite it's traditional roots being in this area at one point.

Stop being so ****ing petty and trying to point score by taking things out of context, thanks.

LOL, I'm trying to take things out of context?

You made the point about how you find it odd that you see so few arsenal supporters in the your south london area. I put it to you that its not surprising because it was over 100 years ago since we were there. Then you ramble on about the map, even though you were not even referring to it in what you originally said. And now I'm supposedly petty for disagreeing with you. :facepalm:

if I didn't know better, I would've thought you were a spurs fan.
God this website descends into inane arguments far too often
Original post by Hantheman
God this website descends into inane arguments far too often

Kev is to blame for that..
Original post by Darth Vader 7
Why doesn't the Emirates have any trophies? Surely they're ours regardless of the pitch we play on?

Have I missed something or did they just chuck all the trophies into a scrap metal heap?

Yes.

Original post by Remarqable M
Not in this case.

only reason they accepted it was because they don't want to lose money.

Yeah, they did carry out an inspection. See the Barca complaint thread for details.

Latest