The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Newcastle deserve 4th 100% provided we get 3rd/2nd ofcourse:lol:
Putting my bias aside I wouldn't want Newcastle 4th, purely because I don't think they would stand much of a chance in the Champions league, English clubs this season have done poorly in the champions league which is a bit embarrassing seeing as we always go on about being the best league in the World. And tbh for entertainment value it would be better to have Chelsea or even tott in the CL imo. I'm not saying they don't deserve it because if they got fourth place then they deserve it, I'm just saying if it was my choice the table would be would be Utd, City, Arsenal, Chelsea, Newcastle, Tott
(edited 12 years ago)
I would literally rofl if newcastle finish fourth ahead of spuds and chelsea. Comeon magpies
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 8284
Original post by TM94
It wasn't just you, it was literally the entire society when you were in meltdown.

Times change eh?

Not quite the entire society. :flutter:

Also, Norwich and Fulham. :adore:

:rofl2:
Original post by Mr.Messy

Not as funny as if you were to go back to the previous thread and have a read at the posts around August.
Original post by Birdman1234567
Putting my bias aside I wouldn't want Newcastle 4th, purely because I don't think they would stand much of a chance in the Champions league, English clubs this season have done poorly in the champions league which is a bit embarrassing seeing as we always go on about being the best league in the World. And tbh for entertainment value it would be better to have Chelsea or even tott in the CL imo. I'm not saying they don't deserve it because if they got fourth place then they deserve it, I'm just saying if it was my choice the table would be would be Utd, City, Arsenal, Chelsea, Newcastle, Tott

I'm bored of the routine top four finish, although at least City have shaken things up despite costing them £1,738,932,038,172,837,229,637,938. Nothing would please me more than Newcastle clinching the fourth spot, Abramovich sacking another manager because he doesn't understand football (although Di Matteo is a nice guy); and Spurs ending up in the Europa.
Reply 8288
Arsenal really doesn't need much to win the league.
A new left back another centre back to add some depth.
A real striker to play with/rotate with van persie(think of the two Ba's newcastle have for example).
A reserve goalkeeper. I really wouldn't want to imagine what would happen is szny gets injured.

lots of out this summer but 3 quality signings a la Adriano,Vertonghen and Giroud would see you mount a real challenge for the league.
Wow I just realised Song is one of 28 children in his family (he has 17 sisters and 10 brothers) :shock:
Original post by mrdoovde1
Wow I just realised Song is one of 28 children in his family (he has 17 sisters and 10 brothers) :shock:

You just realised or you just found out?
Original post by Mr.Messy

:ahee: :laugh: :teehee: :rofl: :happy2:
'Arry is a joke tbh.
Just got back from holiday, couldn't really watch the city match because the internet was **** and kept cutting skyplayer off every 2 minutes.

Good win, tbh, i didn't could'nt imagine spurs or chelsea dropping points, but at least it gives us some lee way. if we had beaten QPR i would say the race for third would be all but over.

we can't afford to drop any points, and we must remain unbeaten for the rest of the season.
I can't really see us going unbeaten till the end of the season, we just have to hope we drop less points than the other teams in the race for CL.
Original post by De Chirico
I can't really see us going unbeaten till the end of the season, we just have to hope we drop less points than the other teams in the race for CL.

that's what people said after AC Milan but we ended up on a seven winning streak, and these set of games are easier than those seven wins.

I'll take a draw or two, but we must win most of our games, every point counts now.
Original post by jilebinator
that's what people said after AC Milan but we ended up on a seven winning streak, and these set of games are easier than those seven wins.

I'll take a draw or two, but we must win most of our games, every point counts now.

Fair enough, but the QPR result proves how a slip can come when you least expect it. The tricky one for me is Stoke away, they've got disrupting our play down to a fine art, not to mention the bad blood between the teams.
Original post by De Chirico
Fair enough, but the QPR result proves how a slip can come when you least expect it. The tricky one for me is Stoke away, they've got disrupting our play down to a fine art, not to mention the bad blood between the teams.

it's definitely not going to be easy;

Norwich and wigan are going to be difficult, but we are at home so i could see us winning.

West brom, chelsea and stoke are going to be the real tests, we can't afford to slip up too much.

I said spurs weren't going to slip, but they have, lets hope them, newcastle and chelsea have a horrible end of a season.
Reply 8298
Nasri having another dig at us again, just shutup and warm the bench you muppet!
Original post by vn2009
Nasri having another dig at us again, just shutup and warm the bench you muppet!

tbh, Nasri is a joke, no respect whatsoever for arsenal.

Latest