The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

It feels pretty good to be able to post about how we were terrible, but still won 3-0 with Szcz only making a couple of saves of note. We can still mathematically win the league!
When do CITY play Utd?

It looks like he's preparing to fly lol.
If we win four games out of the five we are guaranteed third. which means we can afford to slip up one game.
Reply 8584
Original post by Birdman1234567
When do CITY play Utd?

April 30th.

If we catch City, and United lose every game. And we make up the goal difference.

We Can Still Win The League!!! :colondollar:
Original post by Loat
It feels pretty good to be able to post about how we were terrible, but still won 3-0 with Szcz only making a couple of saves of note. We can still mathematically win the league!

I would love Arsenal to win the league this season(comes from my heart:love:), but please lets not get ahead of our self:smile: Finishing 2nd or 3rd is an outstanding achievement considering how our season has gone by when no one even expected us to be where we are now :biggrin:
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by Remarqable M
Mathematically yes but i doubt it.

Obviously. I will take 3rd without being disappointed.
Lets not get ahead of ourselves, were not even guaranteed fourth.
Yup, let's look up to avoid going down.

It looks like the title race might be back on now. Still trust Ferguson to see it through but it could get interesting.

EDIT: Not talking about Arsenal btw, I know our limits :colondollar:
(edited 12 years ago)
Don't even joke about winning the league you're just feeding the WUMs
I would have liked to have seen us score a few more, it was definitely possible, but we became sloppy as usual and started creating mistakes [which were helpfully redeemed by Szczesny]. Still, a deserved win.
Win the League, seriously? :dry:
Original post by Remarqable M
I wouldn't like Ramsey to start a game again, he was dreadful today:facepalm2:

What?! He played very well in the first half, played some great passes. He was a bit off but you can't blame him with the form he's in. He also played a couple of horrible long passes but overall he had a good game, and compared to his usual self, a great game.

You guys need to stop being harsh on the guy.
"The Great Escape" echoes around The DW Stadium after Wigan beat Manchester United. "Don't Stop Believing" might be going on the tannoy at Manchester City.

:rofl:
Djourou was very good today. I feel confident in him at the moment. It's been almost a year since I've felt happy with Djourou in our defence. Still prone to mistakes but it's great to see that he can be counted on at the business end of the season.
crazy day of football, here is interesting stuff from France

"amateur side Quevilly have just beaten Ligue 1 Rennes to reach the final of the French Cup against Lyon! "
Goal.com

:yikes:

doesn't Yann M'Vila play for rennes?
Tottenham have easy games left, Newcastle and Chelsea have difficult games left.

Hopefully Sp*rs slips up, it will make life a lot easier for us.
Original post by In2deep
What?! He played very well in the first half, played some great passes. He was a bit off but you can't blame him with the form he's in. He also played a couple of horrible long passes but overall he had a good game, and compared to his usual self, a great game.

You guys need to stop being harsh on the guy.

Didn't I say something like this would happen. He should've got a penalty, had a shot saved by Hennessey. He played well considering his form and confidence.
Reply 8598
That's a big step towards third, I'll admit. I know people are being humourous when they talk about anything beyond that, but those jokes still make me uncomfortable. :o: Good scoreline today, though; delighted that both van Perise and Walcott got a goal. Sets it up very well for a trip to the Emirates on Monday. :excited:

(On a less positive note, just realized today that I won't be getting to see Koscielny play :sad:)
Original post by Darth Vader 7
Djourou was very good today. I feel confident in him at the moment. It's been almost a year since I've felt happy with Djourou in our defence. Still prone to mistakes but it's great to see that he can be counted on at the business end of the season.

I agree, put in two crucial tackles near the end of the game and has looked up for it when he has played. Confidence is strong in the team at the moment I think that makes all the difference.

Latest