Scroll to see replies

New Highbury sounds the best.
Reply 8961
Are options are:

New Highbury

Ashburton

Drayton Park

Other commercial name

I actually like the sound of 'The Emirates'. Just can't imagine Super Sundays with the Sky Sports commentator saying 'Now we go to Ashburton Grove'. Just a mouthful.
Quite old but still funny, like how they predicted Cesc was off to Barca!

guys, problem with new highbury is that this stadium is supposed to last for several decades, so eventually it's going to sound weird to contiune calling it 'new'
Predicted? It was inevitable for about 4 seasons after we kept rebuffing them.
Original post by keyboard-warrior
guys, problem with new highbury is that this stadium is supposed to last for several decades, so eventually it's going to sound weird to contiune calling it 'new'

New York?
Original post by marcusmerehay
Predicted? It was inevitable for about 4 seasons after we kept rebuffing them.

Wouldn't say 4 seasons, that's over exaggerating, I think it was after the WC in 2010 when they really wanted him and then bid £35m, which in hindsight, we should have accepted.

Random point: we signed Cesc to a 9 year deal in 2006. We should do the same with Jack if he performs well next season.
We gave Cesc the captaincy as an effort to keep him way back in '08, even though he wasn't the right man for it.
Who should have got it instead?
Toure.
Original post by milkytea
New York?

:tongue: oh yeah, but maybe its because ''new york'' is only two syllables, thats why it sounds better, its almost like one word, ''newyork'', dunno maybe if people use ''new highbury'' often enough it'll just roll off the tougue like many of the ''new'' places in america
Original post by marcusmerehay
Toure.

I always found it weird why he wasn't given the captaincy, back then he was the most senior player in number of years spent at the club and also he was the only one left from the invincibles era. Perhaps maybe he just didn't want it.
Van Persie has been shortlisted for the PFA player of the year award and Chamberlain has been shortlisted for the PFA Young player of the year award.
Reply 8974
Chamberlain has only had 5 starts man...

Bloody hell.
What about chesney?
If van Persie doesn't win it I'll be amazed.

There's been a real lack of emerging young talent this year - only really McClean and Moses who've stood out for me, before looking at the lists.

EDIT: After seeing the lists, I think Aguero/Walker will get YPOTY, RvP POTY.

Why is Parker on the list again ffs. :facepalm2:
Reply 8977
This thread oozes plasticity at times.
Original post by keyboard-warrior

It's worked for Barcelona and the Camp Nou (translating in Catalan as New Field)
Ox shouldn't be on there, but hype plays a big role.

Latest