The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

i feel bad for rvp

wigan killed the game but rvp shouldve expected that
RvP doesnt like losing does he :rofl:? Wigan were very good tonight and deserve their victory.
Wigan gave one of the best team performances of the season. Frustrated Arsenal, broke down attacks well, passed well, looked dangerous on the counter.
Now things get really interesting...

At this stage of the season, I don't want things to be interesting; I want them to be predictable and formulaic.

Sigh.
Original post by KingMessi
So. Much. Time. Wasting. Why don't referees punish it until the ninety-third minute?!

yes it's naughty but Arsenal would be doing the same if they were in Wigan's position. Arsenal have time-wasted in the past, just like every football team on the planet, and they'll do so again in the future. Deal with it.

Really impressive from Wigan. To beat United and now Arsenal and in successive games.
Reply 9165
Atrocious display.
What was most disappointing, as a neutral, was Arsenal's inability to create anything in the second half. There was no final ball; Walcott can't cross, and nor can anyone else really. It meant that most attempts to hit a man in the box went no further than the first man. Uninspiring.
Incredibly frustrating.
Original post by white_haired_wizard
yes it's naughty but Arsenal would be doing the same if they were in Wigan's position. Arsenal have time-wasted in the past, just like every football team on the planet, and they'll do so again in the future. Deal with it.

Really impressive from Wigan. To beat United and now Arsenal and in successive games.

well said.

I hate it when fans say 'oh why is there so much time wasting blah blah blah' and yet if it were them, they wouldn't care less. double-****ing-standards
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 9169

We wouldn't have time wasting from the 12th minute. Al-Habsi took about 5 hours each time he had a goal kick with more than 70 minutes left in the game.
well done wigan :woo:
Reply 9171
Pathetic performance from everyone, except Rosicky & Verminator. Deservedly lost. Full Stop.
Such a frustrating game, the time wasting on their part on our very slow build up to counter-attack. The referee was piss-poor in letting the game flow and I don't blame our fans at all, the players on the pitch were distracted and didn't play with their hearts at all.
What the flip was that in the second half? The midfield was passing it way too slow, especially Ramsey, seemed to take ages on the ball. Bad crossing also by Walcott/Gervinho (Did he even cross? :facepalm:).

Wigan defended the game with ease, especially in the second half.
Reply 9174
Why did all the Arsenal fans just pour out the stadium at 75 minutes? There was still something to play for at 2-1. Blimey.
No one in that second half played well. absolutely atrocious. we were slow, poor and quite frankly boring.

Wigan deserved it, well done to them. I hope them and QPR get relegated.

Yes, but that doesn't make it correct. I wish referees would stop all the 'common sense' nonsense and just follow things to the law. Another irritant for me is shirt-pulling in the box. All I ever hear when I complain about it is that 'everyone does it'. Well, I wish referees would just give a foul every time and then it'd soon stop. I'm not criticising Wigan; they had every right to exploit every little piece of time they could - Premier League survival was at hand - but I'm tired of the Laws not being enforced properly.
Completely toothless performance, never really felt we would score in the second half. I honestly feel like every bounce of the ball and every 50:50 refereeing decision went Wigan's way, which makes it worse.
Thank god ! Kosclienly will be back for chelsea:sigh:
Original post by Darth Vader 7
Pathetic performance. I'm just raging because we completely fall apart when Arteta is not on the pitch.

Arteta would've made **** all difference IMO. No disrespect to him, but it was a collectively crap performance by us against a team with their bus firmed parked in their half. Very similar to the 2nd half against ac milan.

Latest