The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

He is such a dividing character, I'm pretty sure the Galatasaray fans love him and the fact that both incidents are in matches against Besiktas which a extremely fierce rivalry with Eboue's current team suggest that this particular incident isn't racially motivated just like the first incident turned out to be.

I think the opposing fans think he's over-reacting and hence get frustrated and he reacts even more and then it is a cycle..

Having said that, I would love to read a translation of what those fans are saying and trying to attack a player is unacceptable no matter what.
Just going through the game between Besiktas and Galatasaray, they sure do know how to make drama, the Eboue event is not even the main story :rofl:

9 yellow cards and a red card along with several other incidents which should have been reds along with an apparent offside goal. The Besiktas fans are angry because it was the third time they played this derby this season and all 3 times they feel the refs have been extremely biased.

According to Besiktas fans, the are angry at Eboue for "dancing" (i.e, acting/diving) in front of the home supporters and then acting like the victim when they get angry.

http://www.goal.com/en-us/news/1956/europe/2011/11/21/2768467/besiktas-denies-racism-allegations-over-galatasarays

Eboue is such a troll :rofl:
Original post by In2deep
Just going through the game between Besiktas and Galatasaray, they sure do know how to make drama, the Eboue event is not even the main story :rofl:

9 yellow cards and a red card along with several other incidents which should have been reds along with an apparent offside goal. The Besiktas fans are angry because it was the third time they played this derby this season and all 3 times they feel the refs have been extremely biased.

According to Besiktas fans, the are angry at Eboue for "dancing" (i.e, acting/diving) in front of the home supporters and then acting like the victim when they get angry.

http://www.goal.com/en-us/news/1956/europe/2011/11/21/2768467/besiktas-denies-racism-allegations-over-galatasarays

Eboue is such a troll :rofl:

:rofl2: Eboue on twitter is such a treat.
Original post by natty_d

That's not really him on the twitter account is it? It's still so jokes, whoever is behind it is a comedy genius.
Original post by City_Gooner
That's not really him on the twitter account is it? It's still so jokes, whoever is behind it is a comedy genius.

I'm not sure. I would like to think that one of the many accounts claiming to be him is actually him!
Original post by natty_d

Original post by City_Gooner

Exactly what I thought, it can't be him, I would love it to be but I doubt it :rofl2:
Reply 9306
It's a fake.
Eboue should have gone to Roma instead, big mistake on his part moving to Turkey thinking there would be no problems. I wonder what it's going to be like in 2018 in Russia.

In regards to Arsenal, at this point last season we had the same amount of points (with Cesc and Nasri) so Wenger has done an immense job in reaching the same level even though we lost two world-class players. Most AFC fans need to get a bit of perspective. Regarding Wenger's future: he's integral to the club in so many ways and we should give him a ten year contract if we win a trophy next season. I remember reading that he was on a panel who interviewed Gazidis when he was applying for CEO, that's how powerful he is at the club. He approved of the guy that would go on to become his boss.

Regarding last night's result. I think the main problem was the changes in defence and particularly us missing Koscielny who has been nothing short of brilliant in our defence this season. If you watch our games closely this season you'll realise that he's better than Vermaelen defensively even though he's smaller in stature. He reads the game so well and Djourou is clearly an in-adequate replacement. I feel Gibbs is a better left-back than Santos aswell, he was all over the place last night and has been a very average signing. Losing Arteta so early into the game was definitely a big blow and the delay in getting Ramsey on was appalling. Ramsey himself doesn't give 100% when he's playing for us, he seems lethargic when he has so much potential to be controlling games. It doesn't help that our fans get on his back, like Theo. He'll become a great player but needs the right guidance and groaning whenever he makes a mistake is only going to make him play worse. Gervinho was once again wasteful too and I'd like to see the Ox start against Chelsea instead of him.
FFS! Not happy today! What is the latest on Arteta?:frown:
Forgot to mention that Rosicky was immense once again, pretty much shatters the thoughts of people saying he's only played so well recently because he wanted a new contract. For a player of his quality, having only 2 goals and 2 assists this season is extremely disappointing. But I think you need to look beyond the stats sometimes, if you look at Xavi's statistics they wouldn't be great but what he actually brings to the team in his passing and movement is tremendous. It's the same with Rosicky, let's hope he starts next season in blistering form.
Original post by Remarqable M
FFS! Not happy today! What is the latest on Arteta?:frown:

Definetly out for the rest of the season, big blow for him as I'm sure he could have had a chance of going to the Euro's with Spain (?). His performances this season deserve a call up but the latest rumours are that he has a broken ankle. Ramsey will be playing in his place for the last four games of the season.
How the **** do wigan survive every season? It's like they intentionally aim for 17th every single season and deny another team their premier league status. They don't even improve. They're in the relegation zone for the longest amount of time every season(bar west ham last season who only got out of the zone once) and they still find a way to stay up.
Original post by TheInvincibles14
Definetly out for the rest of the season, big blow for him as I'm sure he could have had a chance of going to the Euro's with Spain (?). His performances this season deserve a call up but the latest rumours are that he has a broken ankle. Ramsey will be playing in his place for the last four games of the season.

What about Diaby? He seems the natural replacement and I feel he's good enough.
Original post by Darth Vader 7

If he can last 90 mins on the pitch. Then again, van persie. He might become one of the best in a couple of yearsyes I'm laughing in my head at this but it is more than possible that this could happen. Wenger has faith in players. If he still has faith in the player they'll come good. Rosicky, van persie, fabregas, henry(poor at juventus), koscielny. Maybe Djourou might be next.

Is Diaby even in training at the moment?
Original post by Loat

:yes:

If he can last 90 mins on the pitch. Then again, van persie. He might become one of the best in a couple of yearsyes I'm laughing in my head at this but it is more than possible that this could happen. Wenger has faith in players. If he still has faith in the player they'll come good. Rosicky, van persie, fabregas, henry(poor at juventus), koscielny. Maybe Djourou might be next.
Original post by TheInvincibles14
Eboue should have gone to Roma instead, big mistake on his part moving to Turkey thinking there would be no problems. I wonder what it's going to be like in 2018 in Russia.

In regards to Arsenal, at this point last season we had the same amount of points (with Cesc and Nasri) so Wenger has done an immense job in reaching the same level even though we lost two world-class players. Most AFC fans need to get a bit of perspective. Regarding Wenger's future: he's integral to the club in so many ways and we should give him a ten year contract if we win a trophy next season. I remember reading that he was on a panel who interviewed Gazidis when he was applying for CEO, that's how powerful he is at the club. He approved of the guy that would go on to become his boss.

He has done an immense job that's true, but the reason you are on the same points total was because you completely bottled it from march onwards last season. So I reckon he's basically done what was expected by a manager like him (despite the media backlash against wenger this season) you've been lucky that tottenham absolutely bottled it, liverpool think that drawing at home and not scoring will get them into top 4. Your team is admittedly top 4 quality, so should be in the top 4.
Original post by Loat

Yeah he has been improving on his fitness in training. I'm guessing Wenger is planning on playing him for 25-30 mins against Chelsea but knowing Wenger he'd probably throw him in at the deep end because Arteta's out and Ramsey's form has been dreadful.
Original post by jam277

He has done an immense job that's true, but the reason you are on the same points total was because you completely bottled it from march onwards last season. So I reckon he's basically done what was expected by a manager like him (despite the media backlash against wenger this season) you've been lucky that tottenham absolutely bottled it, liverpool think that drawing at home and not scoring will get them into top 4. Your team is admittedly top 4 quality, so should be in the top 4.

That's the problem, we're a top four team but we should be striving for the title. Podolski will boost our chances and so will M'Vila. He's exactly the type of player we need, a natural DM. With him in the side the shock results against QPR and Wigan would not have happened. Wenger needs to shore up the defensive side before adding another small attacking midfielder.
Diaby for chelsea, please:smile:

Latest