The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Darth Vader 7
I'm confident we can still get a result against Chelsea.

Score draw please. :teeth:
Original post by In2deep

This is probs one of the best 'new build' stadiums i've seen. Different from the normal flat pack stadiums everyones building.

What's the atmosphere like? (Compared to Highbury)
Original post by Vintage
Score draw please. :teeth:

Haha, a score draw won't be too bad actually. It would keep us 3 points ahead of you guys if you do win and even if you win the game in hand, we still should be ahead of you because of GD. We just can't afford to not win the next 3 games though.

Original post by Vintage
This is probs one of the best 'new build' stadiums i've seen. Different from the normal flat pack stadiums everyones building.

At times, it has been quiet not because of the stadium but because of the gradual change in the type of supporter that can afford to go there. However, this season, people have been saying that the atmosphere has been extremely good against the likes of Milan, Tottenham and so on.

Don't really know about Highbury so I'll have to wait for someone who went to both to answer...
Original post by Darth Vader 7
Haha, a score draw won't be too bad actually. It would keep us 3 points ahead of you guys if you do win and even if you win the game in hand, we still should be ahead of you because of GD. We just can't afford to not win the next 3 games though.

We've got Stoke at home this weekend. Stoke have been dreadful recently.

Our game in hand is against Wigan :facepalm2: so hopefully the old Wigan will turn up.

After that though our last 3 games are Chelsea away, Man City home, Everton away :eek:
I've said it before but I hate it when we play slowly. It's boring to watch and because we don't really have a midfielder that can really cut through a defence from nothing now, it's pointless as well. Walcott is just terrible when we play slowly, but he's great when the team's moving forwards quickly and he can make a diagonal run. In the first half against Wigan, we made all our chances with quick passing. The second half was too slow, which was why they were able to defend easily.
Original post by Vintage
We've got Stoke at home this weekend. Stoke have been dreadful recently.

Our game in hand is against Wigan :facepalm2: so hopefully the old Wigan will turn up.

After that though our last 3 games are Chelsea away, Man City home, Everton away :eek:

Stoke is our most difficult game (even more difficult than Chelsea). We just tend to play bad against Rugby teams :redface:

After what Wigan have done in the past few games, that will be a dangerous fixture.

The Chelsea and Man City games could be relatively easy depending on results. If Chelsea look out of it by the time they face you, they could just concede defeat to keep their team fit and injury free for the FA cup final. The Man city game is a double-edged sword. If they beat United and are only 2 points behind, they will want to win their remaining games. However, if they lose, they will have nothing to play for.

A lot to think about... :^_^:
look what i found, does anyone know if its fake? or taken from our pre season game?

Original post by jilebinator
look what i found, does anyone know if its fake? or taken from our pre season game?

Pre-season most definitely.
I see we're being linked with hundreds of attacking mids again already - the latest one being Lazio's Hernânes, who I actually like.
Original post by marcusmerehay
I see we're being linked with hundreds of attacking mids again already - the latest one being Lazio's Hernânes, who I actually like.

Well we don't actually have a proper attacking midfielder aside from Rosicky.
As long as we actually get one, I'll be a happy bunny.
If he does buy one , do you guys think Wenger will go for a young and experienced AM around 20-23 years old. Or will he go for a veteran?

We've got enough teenagers as it is :colonhash:

Tbh I wouldn't mind him coming.
Original post by antonfigo
If he does buy one , do you guys think Wenger will go for a young and experienced AM around 20-23 years old. Or will he go for a veteran?

Personally feel like we'd be shopping in the youth range. We don't have a proper attacking midfielder ready for first team football amongst the youngsters.
Original post by antonfigo

I don't think he will be buying 19 year olds, but I also don't see him buying anyone over the age of 26/27
Original post by Vintage

It's slowly getting better, the atmosphere has been great every time I've been there but I do go to the better games and the FA Cup games because I can't afford to go to most games. The atmosphere ever since that win over AC Milan has been fantastic (except maybe against Wigan when things were very tense).

Are you serious?! He is one of the best players in Serie A and one of my favourites along with Vidal and Marchisio :coma: He reminds me of the old attack-minded Arteta and he's got one hell of a shot one him.

Arsene won't get him though, there is absolutely no need unless we're going to off load several midfielders and in that case, we should be getting someone who would be a vast improvement on Rosicky/Benayoun and not a player with the same level of experience and quality but without any in the PL.
Reply 9355
Since 92/93, Spurs spent £407,050,000 on players while Arsenal spent £340,690,000.

Spurs have won 2 trophies since while AFC have won 14.

:laugh:
Original post by gunit123
Since 92/93, Spurs spent £407,050,000 on players while Arsenal spent £340,690,000.

Spurs have won 2 trophies since while AFC have won 14.

:laugh:

spurs have won two trophies :confused:
Reply 9357
Original post by jilebinator
spurs have won two trophies :confused:

League cup twice (1999 and 2008 I think).
song diaby

walcott rosicky ox

RVP

on saturday?
Original post by TiTTY NiPPLES
song diaby

walcott rosicky ox

RVP

on saturday?

Love how every match everyone here puts Ox in the team, but he never is in the team...

Wait no, I don't love that! Give Ox a start!!

Latest