Hey there Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

The Arsenal Thread XI

Announcements Posted on
TSR Movie Madness. Vote and debate in all of the group finals from now to Saturday evening! 15-07-2014
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by zxh800)
    Neither upset or glad really.
    Okay, I'll rephrase the question are you happy with Mertesacker or would you swap him with Gary Cahill?
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jilebinator)
    How glad/upset are you guys that we didn't get Gary Cahill?
    Quite glad personally. He's good but is massively overrated (as are all English players). Because Koscielny and Vermaelan are similar to his play-style, I prefer Mertesacker. Plus the media have overly exaggerated any blunders or average performances. He needed a year to settle in and I feel the lanky German will come good next season.
    • 39 followers

ReputationRep:
    Christ we've really blitzed through this thread - almost ready for the 12th incarnation of Arse Soc already.
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by marcusmerehay)
    Christ we've really blitzed through this thread - almost ready for the 12th incarnation of Arse Soc already.
    I'm pretty sure rockrunride is carefully monitoring this thread. I remember seeing a post by him stating he would make the newest edition.

We can't give him that satisfaction.

Personally wouldn't mind if you, In2deep or Overmars make the newest one. Seem the most senior members amongst us.

EDIT: And Abiraleft (can't blame me for forgetting - you barely post! )
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Darth Vader 7)
    I'm pretty sure rockrunride is carefully monitoring this thread. I remember seeing a post by him stating he would make the newest edition.

Personally wouldn't mind if you, In2deep or Overmars make the newest one. Seem the most senior members amongst us.
    I think we should vote.
    • 39 followers

ReputationRep:

Left me out of that list. Insulted.
    • 5 followers

ReputationRep:
    Left me out of that list. Insulted.
    He didn't?
    • 39 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jit987)
    He didn't?
    Ah, me being blind again. :facepalm2:

Let me off, I've been staring at coursework/in lectures since 8am. :lol:
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    Ah, me being blind again. :facepalm2:

Let me off, I've been staring at coursework/in lectures since 8am. :lol:
    Not good enough.

• 39 followers

ReputationRep:
    Not good enough.

:lol:
    • 15 followers

ReputationRep:
    Still a couple hundred posts to go, let's hope we don't reach 10k tommorow because of raging about an almighty collapse...
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by zxh800)
    Still a couple hundred posts to go, let's hope we don't reach 10k tommorow because of raging about an almighty collapse...
    I want something controversial to happen so we reach 10K posts. Obviously we still win the match :rolleyes:.

I still think we should vote for the new thread creator.
    Or whoever guesses the score correctly tomorrow becomes the new thread creator [only arsenal fans + Colonel.]
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    Actually you know what would be funny, is if Diaby got a red card tomorrow and got suspended for the rest of the season. As much as I like him, that would be hilarious.

[DISCLAIMER: I DON'T WANT HIM RED CARDED, I'M JUST SAYING IT WOULD BE FUNNY]
    • 5 followers

ReputationRep:
    Actually you know what would be funny, is if Diaby got a red card tomorrow and got suspended for the rest of the season. As much as I like him, that would be hilarious.
    Why would that be funny?
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Why does it matter who starts the new thread ?
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jit987)
    Why would that be funny?
    because he has been injured for the whole season, so as soon as he gets to play he gets suspended.

• 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Glow in the dark)
    Why does it matter who starts the new thread ?
    yes, it is very important.
    • 13 followers

ReputationRep:

I would be honoured :beard:

Spoiler:
    Show
    :adore:
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    because he has been injured for the whole season, so as soon as he gets to play he gets suspended.

I would laugh at first, and then probably cry.
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by In2deep)
    I would be honoured :beard:

Spoiler:
    Show
    :adore:
    Since you've accepted the honour, get one ready for tomorrow because I expect us to hit the threshold straight after the match (hopefully on a positive note :dry:).
Updated: April 25, 2012
New on TSR

Ways to improve university

Should university be free and harder to get in to?

Article updates
Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered football threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
Reputation gems:
You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.