The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Just on a side not, why were shooting at clock end in the second half?
Original post by jilebinator
I was talking about our last two games. hypothetically if we beat stoke i can see us losing to norwich and wba. which would make third difficult to get.

why do you think so? My bet is on Arsenal to finish 3rd:smile:
Just on a side not, why were shooting at clock end in the second half?

I was wondering if anyone else picked up on this. It was the case in the Wigan game too. Why the change all of a sudden?

Could it be the cause of our bad form...
Original post by Remarqable M
why do you think so? My bet is on Arsenal to finish 3rd:smile:

track record.

Beat AC milan, liverpool, spurs, city... Lose to qpr, wigan.
track record.

Beat AC milan, liverpool, spurs, city... Lose to qpr, wigan.

yes but those defeats came under exceptional circumstances e.g. slippery Vermealen against QPR, kos not playing against wigan etc
Original post by Remarqable M
yes but those defeats came under exceptional circumstances e.g. slippery Vermealen against QPR, kos not playing against wigan etc

but you can count arteta, walcott being injured as exceptional circumstances as well.

it doesn't matter anyway, we need to win our last three games.
but you can count arteta, walcott being injured as exceptional circumstances as well.

it doesn't matter anyway, we need to win our last three games.

True but you can trust Newcastle and spurs to drop points considering that they have harder games than us. So while it's very important to pick up maximum points it's not really the case of needing to win the next 3 games to get 3rd
Original post by Birdman1234567
True but you can trust Newcastle and spurs to drop points considering that they have harder games than us. So while it's very important to pick up maximum points it's not really the case of needing to win the next 3 games to get 3rd

Win the next three games to end the season on a high.
It would be a great moral boost, considering last season.
Diaby will be a great help against Stoke.
Original post by Spoonforknife

I'll bring it out again for good measure:

509526755.jpg
Reply 9650
Original post by Spoonforknife

Yeah, I'm glad to have Diaby back. Would rather have Arteta due to his consistency, but Abou brings something different to the team.

Even though we have some key players missing, our squad depth is better than previous years.

C'mon Arsenal, we can still get 3rd!
I agree Diaby is going to be crucial he seems to always play with a lot of confidence on the ball. really hoping he has a good 2/3 games ending the season strong which will give wenger some mid-field variety for next season. Thank God he's not still injured or that would have led to some complications in our midfield, lack of options. It will be interesting to see who plays where in our line up for the next game - Diaby, Rosicky, Ramsey, Gerv, Ox, Benayoun, Song
(edited 11 years ago)
I think forehead deserves his place in the starting line up. Though it's between him and benayoun.

Not the Ox. He showed today why he is still far away from being a first team starter. He needs to consistent, and prove him self defensively.
I think forehead deserves his place in the starting line up. Though it's between him and benayoun.

Not the Ox. He showed today why he is still far away from being a first team starter. He needs to consistent, and prove him self defensively.

Since Walcott is out I reckon they will both start, Unless Wenger want to try out Santos on the wing again...
I think a Song-Diaby-Rosicky relationship would work well actually.
Didn't the forehead play right wing for Lille?
I think forehead did decent today.

I want this team to start at stoke.

..Yossi RVP Gerv..
.. Ramsey ..
..Rosicky - Song..
Gibbs-Verm-Kos-Bac

Ox , Diaby off the bench if we need something different.
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 9657

This. Just watched the MoTD highlights again (dunno why - I knew it was gonna be a boring goalless draw lol) and the injection of pace into our game Gervinho brought to our game was marked. He set up a few really good plays and chances so I really hope this was just a season for him to settle in from the french league to the BPL and that he'll be really useful for us next season.
Decent result today with the Spurs result going your way too. Imo if you beat Stoke then you'll definitely finish 3rd.
Apparently Zac Efron was at the Emirates today supporting Arsenal. Don't know whether I should be disturbed or happy that Arsenal appeals to the generic American celebrity. Probably the former.