The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by shamwow
Are we really getting Henry on loan ?

i personally wouldn't like Henry back on loan. he is a shadow of his former self. He's not going to be suited to the PL anymore. he hasn't got the same pace, strength etc..

lets keep his great memory as it is.
Reply 81
Original post by jilebinator
i personally wouldn't like Henry back on loan. he is a shadow of his former self. He's not going to be suited to the PL anymore. he hasn't got the same pace, strength etc..

lets keep his great memory as it is.

Same here, if he comes back his situation will be much like schumachers is in Formula 1 .

No denying we need someone to replace Gervinho when his gone.

On a seperate note Chamakh needs to be sold!
chamberlain on the bench. it would be a good chance to see how he plays in the PL.

chamakh over park as well. Park obviously hasn't impressed wenger enough.
Reply 83
chamberlain on the bench. it would be a good chance to see how he plays in the PL.

chamakh over park as well. Park obviously hasn't impressed wenger enough.

Chamberlain has lots of potential, i could see him taking over Walcotts position in the near future.
Reply 84
Chamberlain on bench and Coquelin at right back (Against Gabby).

It's going to be interesting. I hope we can contain Villa (Shouldn't be too hard, they're not an attacking team). It'll be interesting to see how Coquelin goes against Gabby.

Hopefully Chamberlain gets some game time. He looks like a great player to me.
Reply 85
I'm somewhat disappointed we're starting Coquelin at RB rather than him in midfield and Miquel somewhere in the defence (mainly because it means Coquelin isn't in midfield, where he's best). Ah well, I suppose we'll see how he does.
you know you have a lack of depth in the squad when you see squillaci as a sub.
Reply 87
you know you have a lack of depth in the squad when you see squillaci as a sub.

:lol:
subscribes
Is this actually another match that isn't on TV?
Reply 90
Original post by Abiraleft
I'm somewhat disappointed we're starting Coquelin at RB rather than him in midfield and Miquel somewhere in the defence (mainly because it means Coquelin isn't in midfield, where he's best). Ah well, I suppose we'll see how he does.

Coquelin started at RB in a Beer Cup tie a couple of seasons ago. Played a blinder
Reply 91
Original post by caaakeeey

it better be on tele
it's not on tv.
Reply 93
Original post by caaakeeey

:sadnod:

viffer

Coquelin started at RB in a Beer Cup tie a couple of seasons ago. Played a blinder.

I don't doubt that he can play there, otherwise Wenger wouldn't play him there; I would just have preferred to see us take the option of giving Miquel his Prem start and playing Coquelin in midfield instead of Frimpong. I've mentioned before that I think one of Coquelin's stand-out aspects is his passing ability, and I'd be concerned about that being largely wasted in a full-back role. I could be wrong, however: perhaps he'll find a way to incorporate that in his game just as well, or perhaps he'll even be a better RB than a CM (in which case we'd have a good long-term option there :biggrin:).

EDIT: And the game's begun.

www.bbc.co.uk
1947: Solid start from Francis Coquelin at Villa Park. His first involvement is to throw the ball straight out of play.
(edited 12 years ago)
song isn't injured is he?
Reply 95
Original post by amnesia haze

Nope, just suspended for the yellow he got against City.
Reply 96
Original post by amnesia haze

No, just suspended for this game (yellow-card limit).
We are getting dominated atm, can't keep the ball.
Reply 98
frimpong/coq over bena/rosicky :s-smilie:
Penalty :awesome:

Latest