King's College London
London

King's College London Freshers 2012

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
Original post by SimpleGirl
firming Kings sooon, for biomedical sciences :biggrin:

im pretty excited, can't wait for uni!
only thing is that i live within the M25 ring road so i'm low priority for accomodation - i REALLY want to live away from home though :frown:

hm, i haven't really considered private accomodation, is that a better option?
ah, what to do.. :confused:

I'm in the same situation! I'm going to apply for accommodation anyway and see what happens. If I don't get it, then King's can help you find private accommodation :smile:
Waterfront bar, King's College
King's College London
London
Original post by Olive12
I'm in the same situation! I'm going to apply for accommodation anyway and see what happens. If I don't get it, then King's can help you find private accommodation :smile:

that'll be after the year starts though, right?
so you'll be trying to get it all sorted out after starting uni and stuff.... :frown:

hm, my mum also suggested living at home the first year and then once i've made good friends, we can get a place together for the second year - i suppose that's also an option? :s-smilie:
Reply 62
Original post by SimpleGirl
that'll be after the year starts though, right?
so you'll be trying to get it all sorted out after starting uni and stuff.... :frown:

hm, my mum also suggested living at home the first year and then once i've made good friends, we can get a place together for the second year - i suppose that's also an option? :s-smilie:

I'm pretty sure you get it sorted before uni starts? But I may be wrong..

It's annoying :frown:
I've had an offer for Physics & Philosophy (with a year abroad) but I'll probably wait till after the open day before I firm it c:
Reply 64
Possible semi-fresher :teeth: for MSc International Management.
Reply 65
Just got an offer for Eng Lit & Lang YAY! When does freshers start and is the date different for every course? It says Sept 1st on my acceptance letter but that seems really early!
Reply 66
Original post by Qwertyuip

Original post by Qwertyuip
Torn between Durham or KCL for Ancient History!

If you want somewhere with any kind of decent nighlife/buzz about it then do NOT go to Durham
Original post by katttp123
Just got an offer for Eng Lit & Lang YAY! When does freshers start and is the date different for every course? It says Sept 1st on my acceptance letter but that seems really early!

Congratulations! Freshers last year started on 19th September, despite what UCAS says. Lectures started the week after the 19th with some courses starting the week after that.
Reply 68
If you want somewhere with any kind of decent nighlife/buzz about it then do NOT go to Durham

Haha yeah i'm leaning more towards King's because of that!
Reply 69

I got my official offer letter + an information booklet last week, and it had all the term dates in there. Can't remember exactly, but freshers starts about halfway through September.
current KCL student (film). If you want any info on Strand Campus etc let me know :smile:
Reply 71
Got an offer for History at King's and firmed it straight away! Is anyone looking at the Brian Creamer house for accommodation?
Reply 72
Original post by rural_boy
Got an offer for History at King's and firmed it straight away! Is anyone looking at the Brian Creamer house for accommodation?

Congratulations!
Reply 73
Original post by francescarella
current KCL student (film). If you want any info on Strand Campus etc let me know :smile:

Hi! oooh are you Italian? I love italian people :biggrin:

Anyway, in terms of accommodation, do you know which is closest to the Strand Campus?

I think freshers starts the 17th this year! :^_^:
Original post by Olive12
Hi! oooh are you Italian? I love italian people :biggrin:

Anyway, in terms of accommodation, do you know which is closest to the Strand Campus?

haha I'm italian english, if that helps :P (so close enough)

as for strand campus accomodation i think Stamford house is closest to strand campus. because obviously strand campus is surrounded by lots of really old and popular/business buildings there hasnt been much room for other campus buildings. Wolfson and great dover st halls are right next to guy's campus (which is only across a bridge from strand campus). most people bus/tube it anyway :smile:
Reply 76
Original post by rural_boy

Yes! I was looking at Brian Creamer :smile: rooms look really nice and it's relatively cheap and the location is perfect!
Well done on your offer, too :biggrin:
Original post by Sailingslipelick
I think freshers starts the 17th this year! :^_^:

Indeed!
Offer letter
The 2012/3 academic sessions formally commences on 24 September 2012, with enrolment and induction taking place in the
week commencing 17 September. We will provide further information about enrolment in late August.
Reply 78
King's is my firm choice (English Language and Communication)!
I'm really looking forward to it!!!

When it comes to accommodation, I'd rather not be catered!
Do you think it's likely to be offered a place at King's residences?
Loads of people seem to live at an Intercollegiate Hall, but these are all catered and therefore quite expensive... :frown:
(edited 12 years ago)
On the left sidebar, there should be a link that says "Post offer open day invitation" underneath "Offer information".

Quick Reply

Latest