Waterfront bar, King's College
King's College London
London

King's College London Freshers 2012

Scroll to see replies

Reply 140
Original post by viksta1000
orite Hugh!!! :biggrin:

mate, social life isn't that bad here...unless you get some international students in your flat...for some reason, they don't like us brits...

Well, we can say alot about our flatmates can't we?
Waterfront bar, King's College
King's College London
London
Original post by laurie:)
i wonder how many students live at home? it seems as if the majority of people on here will be, but all my friends are shocked when i say im living at home. it'll be tricky, but i guess ill just join societies and clubs and stuff to make new friends :h:

I'm going to be living at home! Lots of my friends think I'll be missing out but imo it's stupid to spend so much money on halls when I only live a train journey away.
Reply 142
Original post by hct1802

and about your 'living arrangements' how is living in third world country going for ya?
Original post by hct1802

we can indeed, but mine aren't as bad as i first thought....although i could do with some frikin water today!!!
Original post by FinalMH
and about your 'living arrangements' how is living in third world country going for ya?

no internet, no hot water...i bet this is how the Amish feel! :wink:
Reply 145
Original post by inadilemma
I'm going to be living at home! Lots of my friends think I'll be missing out but imo it's stupid to spend so much money on halls when I only live a train journey away.

exactly! i live in like, the perfect place - 5 mins to guys and waterloo one way, 5 mins to kings the other way, plus, no rent! :biggrin:
Live up north and putting Brian Creamer as my first priority... does anyone know my chances of getting in? I have an unconditional offer which I firmed :smile:
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by laurie:)
exactly! i live in like, the perfect place - 5 mins to guys and waterloo one way, 5 mins to kings the other way, plus, no rent! :biggrin:

Ah I live a little further out, but only an hour away.
Reply 148
orite Hugh!!! :biggrin:

mate, social life isn't that bad here...unless you get some international students in your flat...for some reason, they don't like us brits...

offended.
jk :smile:

but I'm international and got an offer for law 2012 :smile: can't wait~
Original post by Em Elle W
offended.
jk :smile:

but I'm international and got an offer for law 2012 :smile: can't wait~

haha, i was kidding, not all internationals are socially unaware...just most of them :tongue:

Congrats on your offer, London's one heck of a place, im sure you'll have a blast :wink:
Reply 150
I got my offer over a month ago and I got the letter etc but on myapplication there still isn't the open day invitation part. Should I email them or is that normal?
Original post by ninam
I got my offer over a month ago and I got the letter etc but on myapplication there still isn't the open day invitation part. Should I email them or is that normal?

when i got my offer last year, i didn't get an open day invitiation straight away either...give it until march or so, then call up :wink:

congrats on your offer!
Original post by PenningtonTDA
Live up north and putting Brian Creamer as my first priority... does anyone know my chances of getting in? I have an unconditional offer which I firmed :smile:

Well there are only 69 rooms are there not? Putting it as your first choice will be the only possible way you could get considered :smile:

I was on an open day yesterday and was speaking to a third year who said that it is very rare that freshers who meet the accommodation criteria don't get somewhere to stay. So you'll get SOMEWHERE to stay it may just not be there because there are so few rooms. :redface:

I was thinking of Brian Creamer, but I've decided to go for SSA - like the idea of my own bathroom! Just a little pricey :/
Reply 153
Original post by Chibelta
Well there are only 69 rooms are there not? Putting it as your first choice will be the only possible way you could get considered :smile:

I was on an open day yesterday and was speaking to a third year who said that it is very rare that freshers who meet the accommodation criteria don't get somewhere to stay. So you'll get SOMEWHERE to stay it may just not be there because there are so few rooms. :redface:

I was thinking of Brian Creamer, but I've decided to go for SSA - like the idea of my own bathroom! Just a little pricey :/

If you're at Strand, SSA is worth every penny. It's the most central of the halls too. I love how the fact that you can just walk to campus and back in 10 mins instead of jumping on a tube/bus during London rush hours. Also it's only a walk away to The Waterfront and KCLSU at Strand, Walkabout, Leicester Sq etc. and walk back (providing that you're still sober enough to stay on your two feet) instead of having to catch a bus etc. Also the walk to campus).

For the lucky ones at Waterloo, there's actually a lecture theatre right next to the apartments, so if you have a lecture, you can literally roll out of bed and into the lecture theatre.
Reply 154
Hi guys. I've firmed for English Lit and Lang :smile: I think I'm going to put Stamford Street Apartments as my first choice accomm. Anyone know what the social life is like at King's?
Original post by Beckiix
Hi guys. I've firmed for English Lit and Lang :smile: I think I'm going to put Stamford Street Apartments as my first choice accomm. Anyone know what the social life is like at King's?

I think you're at Waterloo, no? in which case SSA is gods gift, wake up 10 mins before your lecture and walk across the street with a cup of coffee and a toast
...as for the social life at kings, it depends entirely on how social you are, if you're willing to throw yourself into new experience, approach new people and get out there, then the social life is top class...after all we do have THE largest student union in the UK!!! :wink:
Reply 156
I think you're at Waterloo, no? in which case SSA is gods gift, wake up 10 mins before your lecture and walk across the street with a cup of coffee and a toast
...as for the social life at kings, it depends entirely on how social you are, if you're willing to throw yourself into new experience, approach new people and get out there, then the social life is top class...after all we do have THE largest student union in the UK!!! :wink:

I think English is at the Strand campus. Ah that's great, I didn't imagine it would be bad - it is central London afterall! Are the SU bars and club fairly busy? :smile:
Original post by Beckiix
I think English is at the Strand campus. Ah that's great, I didn't imagine it would be bad - it is central London afterall! Are the SU bars and club fairly busy? :smile:

ahh my bad, my flatmate does an english course which is at waterloo, hence my assumption :biggrin:
exactly, you're never a small walk or a couple tube stops away from something going on, our nightclub is usually buzzing every friday, and The Waterfront is immense on wednesday nights...other than that, you've got Fabric, Ministry of Sound and Cable nearby campus...need i say more? :wink:
Original post by hct1802
If you're at Strand, SSA is worth every penny. It's the most central of the halls too. I love how the fact that you can just walk to campus and back in 10 mins instead of jumping on a tube/bus during London rush hours. Also it's only a walk away to The Waterfront and KCLSU at Strand, Walkabout, Leicester Sq etc. and walk back (providing that you're still sober enough to stay on your two feet) instead of having to catch a bus etc. Also the walk to campus).

For the lucky ones at Waterloo, there's actually a lecture theatre right next to the apartments, so if you have a lecture, you can literally roll out of bed and into the lecture theatre.

That's what I thought :smile: thanks, it's good to hear what a real student actually thinks and not just some glossy prospectus :biggrin:
Original post by Chibelta
That's what I thought :smile: thanks, it's good to hear what a real student actually thinks and not just some glossy prospectus :biggrin:

tbf, our prospectus is probs the most truthful out the lot of em :wink:

Quick Reply

Latest