The Student Room Group

Big man charged with assault for removing fare dodger from train

The left wing win again, what a country, it's dead.

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Rubbish.
Oh dear...
Reply 3
Inb4 big man throws judge out of court.
FFS..the little scrote deserved it.
Reply 5
Original post by Marshyy
Rubbish.

It's true, just on news 24.
Man who assaulted student charged with assault. This is shocking and a total outrage.... oh, wait?! He's a bully and deserves everything he gets.

For what it's worth, the student has been reported for his (totally separate) crime under Section 38 of the Criminal Justice and Licensing Act Scotland.
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 7
Ridiculous. I'd have that little **** hanged.
Reply 8
It's a good thing that the brute has been charged! Justice has been dealt, we cannot live in a country were the strong oppress the weak, we have laws, and regardless of weather or not the boy was a fare dodger the brute had no right to unceremoniously drag him off the train.
Edit: -12 and +12...the lord giveth and the lord taketh away...
(edited 12 years ago)
yay for an extensive number of sources :h:
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 10
Original post by chickenonsteroids
yay for and extensive number of sources :h:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-edinburgh-east-fife-16288101
I'm very surprised the ticket inspector isn't being fingered in this charge as well - the 'big man' only did what he did on the inspector's order.

Don't really know how I feel about it. I like the no-**** attitude of the Scottish and fare dodging is obviously wrong, but at the same time you can't have people going around asserting their physical strength over others.
(edited 12 years ago)
Also it seems like being a good citizen doesn't get you anywhere now. Once I get my degree I'm emigrating. Stuff this PC ridden waste of a country.
Reply 13
Looks like the kid will potentially be charged with fare evasion as well.

How ironic, the man is being charged because his actions were being seen as disproportionate, but this kid will now potentially be dragged through the criminal justice system, and end up with a criminal record for a crime of 'dishonesty' which will be flagged up for any job he would happen to apply for in the near future.

Suffering a bit of humiliation in being thrown off a train and facing an embarrasing call to the parents / a long walk / a long wait until 6am for the first train -- or having to potentially end up in front of a judge and almost certainly end up with a criminal record (which for many jobs will stay on your record for life).

I think I know which one I would prefer if I was him
How could they have let him get away with it though? It was none of his business and the passenger wasn't a danger to anyone on the train. Just throwing that in there.
Original post by Einheri
Ridiculous. I'd have that little **** hanged.

For dodging a train fare? :rolleyes:
this is ****ing lame. there is just no justice in this country anymore, we've got ****ing idiots in charge of everything.
Original post by lordash
Looks like the kid will potentially be charged with fare evasion as well.

How ironic, the man is being charged because his actions were being seen as disproportionate, but this kid will now potentially be dragged through the criminal justice system, and end up with a criminal record for a crime of 'dishonesty' which will be flagged up for any job he would happen to apply for in the near future.

Suffering a bit of humiliation in being thrown off a train and facing an embarrasing call to the parents / a long walk / a long wait until 6am for the first train -- or having to potentially end up in front of a judge and almost certainly end up with a criminal record (which for many jobs will stay on your record for life).

I think I know which one I would prefer if I was him

Plus the little over-privileged scrote laughed about it on his fb. :mad:
Original post by I<3LAMP
FFS..the little scrote deserved it.

Perhaps, but did the big guy have the right to take matters into his own hands? Literally?
1 - To the OP, this has nothing at all to do with the left wing.
2 - Utter madness. There is no way he should be charged, and all this will do is further deter people from stepping in when they should offer assistance.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending