The Student Room Group

If there was a male version of Loose Women, there would be a public outcry

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Original post by HP15

I've never heard a bunch of women talk about anything constructive in my life and probably never will.

If anything, just reflects on the level of intelligence of the people you hang around with doesn't it.
Original post by Movember
do you agree with this? i think if there was a male version of Loose Women (Loose Men) which bitched about women and was sexist, there would be a massive public outcry from all woman across the UK. the show would be banned or not allowed on TV. but its fine to have Loose Women on the telly with blatant sexism and sexist generalisations towards men. if men complained about this, they would be laughed at and told to grow a thicker skin. is this fair? is this a shocking double standard in British society?

I think the best solution is not to watch it - it seems to be a very unintelligent show, regardless of gender. Just watch QI or something.
Reply 42
Original post by Pride
wow...

Common sense and practicality aren't that amazing.
Reply 43
Too many double standards
Reply 44
Original post by abc:)
If anything, just reflects on the level of intelligence of the people you hang around with doesn't it.

I've eavesdropepd many a conversation over the years with many different women of varying ages.

Dont assume cupcake.
Original post by TheSmithsIndeed
I don't get why you got negged for this? I have watched Loose Women before and whilst I agree that it's a crap programme, there wasn't any bitching about men, besides their partners :confused:

I agree.. I think maybe some men just don't like the idea of being excluded from things. They hear that there's a show featuring a panel of women discussing stuff and they assume because it's called loose women and it's for women that they bitch about men.
Original post by Movember
do you agree with this? i think if there was a male version of Loose Women (Loose Men) which bitched about women and was sexist, there would be a massive public outcry from all woman across the UK. the show would be banned or not allowed on TV. but its fine to have Loose Women on the telly with blatant sexism and sexist generalisations towards men. if men complained about this, they would be laughed at and told to grow a thicker skin. is this fair? is this a shocking double standard in British society?

OP (and anyone else :smile: ) take a look at this

http://tubecrush.net/

It's pretty much a website where unsuspecting male passengers are photographed and then uploaded without their consent where women can rate them for their looks and objectify them online

Now swap the genders round.... would it be acceptable? Of course not!

if Men did this to Women there would be public outcry and the website would be branded as "Evil" and "perverted".

What you say feminists???? Huh, no response.
Alas, such a programme could not exist, for men have not been cursed with the same capacity for endlessly ignorant, vapid, vacant, pointless hogwash of an excuse of conversation that the fairer sex are often seen exhibiting so damn well.

But yes, yes there would.
Original post by philistine
Alas, such a programme could not exist, for men have not been cursed with the same capacity for endlessly ignorant, vapid, vacant, pointless hogwash of an excuse of conversation that the fairer sex are often seen exhibiting so damn well.

But yes, yes there would.

Ouch, I'm starting to wonder if this innately true or whether it's something that has been forced upon women by society. I do know a fair few girls who have genuine interests, personality and the capacity to hold a decent conversation/debate but I also know far too many who just bitch and moan all the time.
Original post by Indo-Chinese Food
wait till you become a middle aged divorcee'

They're always the ones that sing "I Will Survive" on the karaoke too. :facepalm2:
Yeah, I understand that. But two wrongs don't make a right - it's not right to 'get revenge' in acting sexist/racist to white males because it only embodies what the black rights and feminist movements were fighting against. The 'real world'? Embracing equality doesn't mean you have to create collectivist communities to poke fun of everyone who is different from you - that's not equality. The point of the thread is that whilst our society is supposed to be equal, those who were different and not males/white are allowed to be offensive to males/whites in an act of 'retribution' for being repressed, yet in doing so we don't have an equal society."

The problem is that whilst i'll admit that white males cannot say the same discriminatory things that are said about them to others in public view, but white males are the people who are the most discriminatory in the work place. Look at parliament, the police force, the army, pretty much 90% of these people are white,able bodied males, so everyone discriminates, white males just can't do it in public anymore. Now of course im not saying its okay, just saying that it exists on both sides.:colondollar:
Reply 51
A panel made up of Jeremy Clarkson and Stephen Fry and Peirs morgan. Tv gold.
Original post by Nizza123
A panel made up of Jeremy Clarkson and Stephen Fry and Peirs morgan. Tv gold.

Not sure if Stephen Fry would be happy being on that panel...
Reply 53
I hate Loose Women! It's a load of misandrist crap!
Reply 54
Im a female and even I agree that the Loose women take it too far sometimes with their obvious sexism.. :/
Original post by Agent Smirnoff
I hate Loose Women! It's a load of misandrist crap!

I wonder if they realise that their louche title for the show is actually old American vernacular for the plural of prostitute.

Probably not. Even if they did, the self-deprecatory humour is in poor taste.
Reply 56
Loose women is not only sexist towards men but also to women. An absolutely hideous show.
Reply 57
wouldnt really give a **** since i would probably not watch it. the only panel shows i like are mock the week and celebrity juice.
Reply 58
Original post by PurpleMonkeyDishwasher
Not sure if Stephen Fry would be happy being on that panel...

Let me just give him a call..... Says hes find but insists on the middle seat. :wink:

Quick Reply

Latest