The Student Room Group
Students relaxing outside, University of Chester
University of Chester
Chester
Visit website

Scroll to see replies

Hey, I have an unconditional from Chester to study theology and religious studies, and I'm definitely taking it.
Don't know a single person though so if you want to don't be afraid to say hi. :tongue:

-Harry.
(edited 11 years ago)
Students relaxing outside, University of Chester
University of Chester
Chester
Visit website
Reply 201
Original post by Pavan.R
A lot of the big cities nearby like Manchester and Liverpool are great places to visit :smile: London is the place to go though imo, it's beautiful.

I am really big on trying new food. Are there any restaurants/dishes in the area that are a "must" try?
Reply 202
i've got a conditional offer at chester and its my firm choice , looking at doing international business and marketing on the chester campus :smile: looking at BBC for my A-Levels :smile:

Anyone else doing International Business and Marketing?
Reply 203
Original post by AmyJane93
Hi :biggrin: I've chosen Animal Behaviour and Welfare at Chester as my firm choice.
Anyone else?

Hey :smile: I've chosen Wildlife Conservation and Ecology in September, are you at the Reaseheath Campus for that course?
Reply 204
Original post by cathlouise
Im going to be studying animal behaviour at the Chester campus is anyone else doing this course? x

Hey :smile: I'm doing Wildlife Conservation and Ecology at the Reaseheath Campus in September, is your not course there?
Reply 205
Original post by bethkem
Is anyone doing forensic biology and criminology first year? I'm just about to apply for my accomodation, i wanted church college close, but worried that there's no laundry facilities? So might go for Bache Hall, it's 15 minutes away from campus though :/

Don't worry about laundry facilities, my halls this year (John Milton) all used the ones on main campus, there are about 8 washing machines and dryers (doesn't sound like much but there are never many people in there, depending on the time you go). If not, there is a public launderette on Garden Lane which is just up the road from uni. Also, a few of my friends done Criminology and loved it - good luck on your results - you're going to have an immense time in Chester :smile:
Original post by cazza7012
I got offered a conditional offer from Chester for Adult nursing I was amazed as it was my first choice I jumped at the chance and made it my firm choice the same day lol

I just cant wait to start the course after ive met the requirements which im sure i will

Hi! im starting Adult Nursing in September, where are you based?? would be nice to become friends with people who are starting the same course.x
Hi!! Is anybody starting nursing in September 2012 at the riverside campus?? Would love to meet some new people on my course.x
Reply 208
Original post by GracieE
Hi I'm hoping to study Business Studies on the Chester Campus. Anybody studying the same degree? Also anybody liking the look of Bache Hall, I'm really confused what to do about accommodation as I want a lively atmosphere but at the same time I really like Bache Hall. Help?

hey im doing business and marketing :-) starting in September :-)
Original post by eolhC11
Hey :smile: I've chosen Wildlife Conservation and Ecology in September, are you at the Reaseheath Campus for that course?

Hi there no mine is the only animal course based at the main Chester campus but come to Reaseheath once a week.
Hey Guys,

My names Natalie :biggrin: I studied here last year and I have now changed courses and am starting first year again! I studied Drama last year and had a pretty awful year in terms of health and private accommodation! So any Drama or Kingsway campus related questions you have I'm pretty experienced in! Also private accommodation - I've been through every situation this year; broken beds, damp rooms, house mates acting out, drugs within the house (not on my behalf) so I can answer pretty much any questions.

It's a little different to Drama, but this year I will be studying Counselling Skills and Sociology :biggrin: very excited!

Best Wishes,
Natalie
Original post by HarryHenry
Hey, I have an unconditional from Chester to study theology and religious studies, and I'm definitely taking it.
Don't know a single person though so if you want to don't be afraid to say hi. :tongue:

-Harry.

Hi! I'm French and Spanish myself, but I would like to get to know people I'm not necessarily going to be in lectures with!
Reply 212
Original post by abi-56
Im going here! I live about 15/20 minutes away and Chester is beautiful! I've put "forensic biology with criminology" as my firm choice (: anyone else doing this course?

Don't know a single person who is going :frown:

- Abi :biggrin:

Hiya Hun, I will be starting the Criminology in September as well :smile: although mine is combined with Psychology, cant imagine there being many different Criminology classes though! x
Reply 213
Hellloooooooooo, will anyone else be starting Criminology/Psychology in September? Be nice to know a few names be for the big first day!! :smile: x
Reply 214
Original post by Budd19
I am really big on trying new food. Are there any restaurants/dishes in the area that are a "must" try?

There are lots of fabulous restaurants in Chester, a favourite of mine is a long side of the river, called hickorys, very nice indeed x
Reply 215
Original post by Clairejm
There are lots of fabulous restaurants in Chester, a favourite of mine is a long side of the river, called hickorys, very nice indeed x

I've been to Hickory's once in my two years here, expensive, but worth it!
Original post by Clairejm
Hellloooooooooo, will anyone else be starting Criminology/Psychology in September? Be nice to know a few names be for the big first day!! :smile: x

Hey! Im starting Psychology in september so will probs see you in some classes! :smile:
Reply 217
I have received an accommodation pack but as I am an international postgraduate student I would need to study September 2012- October 2013 and Summer months are also not holidays. However in the accommodation pack there are only September-July options which obviously do not suit me. Does it mean that I have to live in private accommodation? =\
Reply 218
Original post by Petetheseat
Hey! Im starting Psychology in september so will probs see you in some classes! :smile:

That's fab, will have to say hi! :smile:

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Reply 219
Anybody doing tourism ? :biggrin:

Latest