The Student Room Group
Students relaxing outside, University of Chester
University of Chester
Chester
Visit website

Scroll to see replies

Original post by cararachel
Hey :biggrin:

iv got a conditional offer from chester to study youth work at warrington :biggrin:really excited but completely by myself because i live 3 hours away!!

not managed to find anyone else starting this course with me so get in touch if you are because i dont know anyone :/

also anyone staying at warrington campus... which accommodation is the best?? x

Hey! I've been offered an unconditional offer from chester for youth work in warrington! I've been searching for some one else who was doing it for ages!
Students relaxing outside, University of Chester
University of Chester
Chester
Visit website
Reply 101
Hi I have a unconditional offer for International Development Studies with Theology and Religion..

I spoke to a 2nd year student on the applicant day who said she got a room in a student house in first year as she wasn't impressed with the halls, she got a list off the uni with private owned houses just for 1st years... I think I want to do the same.. Anybody know how to find 'the list'? ha
Reply 102
Got an offer for social work on the Warrington campus.. Anyone else? :smile:
Reply 103
Original post by woodface
Hi I have a unconditional offer for International Development Studies with Theology and Religion..

I spoke to a 2nd year student on the applicant day who said she got a room in a student house in first year as she wasn't impressed with the halls, she got a list off the uni with private owned houses just for 1st years... I think I want to do the same.. Anybody know how to find 'the list'? ha

Try this?

http://www.chester.ac.uk/sites/files/chester/PS%20List%201213%20-%20updated%2030.4.pdf

Or

http://www.chester.ac.uk/campus-life/accommodation/private-sector and it's in the PDFs :smile:
Hey Guys will be starting in September, Im going to be doing counselling and psychology just looking to meet some people before I go :smile:

A link to my facebook - https://www.facebook.com/#!/jordan.l.withers
Ive been accepted at the University to do counselling and psychology and Im looking to meet some new people before I go, If you inbox me I will send a link to my facebook so we can talk :smile:
Reply 106

Hi I am a current 3rd Year at the uni studying Primary Education 5-11 with QTS, feel free to ask any questions if needed.

I am actually posting on here however as a newly elected member of the new Snowsports society Committee for the year 2012-2013.
Now if you are a lover of skiing or snowboarding then this is the society for you to join upon joining chester university! It doesn't matter if you have skiied/snowboarded before and are ace at it or whether you have never been before and want to try it out or even if you just want to make friends and attend wednesday nights out with a funbunch of alcohol loving people (mainly lads but there are a few of us girls!)
We attend student nights every Wednesday (Well most depending on what our social secretary plans for us some weeks fancy dress/themed others just casual!) every other society/sports team goes out this night too so we all end up meeting up and having a laugh sometimes even go out with other societies!
It's all good fun and very much the student spirit!
Occasionally we plan other social events such as bowling/cinema/meals
but we try to fit a once a month trip to either the chill factor in manchester or snozone at xscape castleford to have a ski/boarding hour or 2 just so we can live up to our name!
We also plan and go on a holiday every year... so get saving now! These holidays are the BEST and having travelled much of the world and done the whole disney thing i can say ive never had so much fun! 27hour coach ride full of mischievous antics last year we even shared a coach with liverpool uni!
There are up to 150 places available and the attendance varies from around 20-150 depending on who has been organised and saved their pennies! You don't have to be able to ski or board lessons are available out there! Some of us just go out and about in groups doing our own thing and others like to gets some tuition its up to you what you do! The evenings are filled with apres ski and partying lots of fancy dress and games as well as your sophisticated meals out! :biggrin:
Anyway I hope to see some of you next year! and like i say any questions about anything just ask.... we are a very friendly bunch! :smile:
Original post by aljones
Hey i accepted my conditional offer to do sociology woo!
Is anybody else doing it? dont know anybody :frown:
ps. I live in Chester and its really nice :biggrin:
So if anyone wants to know anything about the city, i'm your woman :smile:
Amy :smile:

Hey amy, lucky you, went to Chester for the applicant day and though the university and city was amazing! Doing psychology and cant wait!
Peter :smile:
Reply 108
I had an offer from Chester for Politics and History, it was my insurance choice. Now I have an unconditional offer from Aberystwyth my firm choice. But just wanted to say I had a great visiting day at Chester and everyone was so friendly. I would like to wish everyone the best of luck with their results and their future studies at Chester :smile:
Reply 109
Original post by Petetheseat
Hey amy, lucky you, went to Chester for the applicant day and though the university and city was amazing! Doing psychology and cant wait!
Peter :smile:

Ah another social-sciencer :smile:
Yeah Chester is Brilliant, if you want know any more don't hesitate to ask :smile:
Reply 110
Just accepted to do Bio-medical science at Chester :biggrin: can't wait!
Reply 111
Original post by Chelsea__X
Congratulations everyone on all you offers :smile: and good luck if you are still waiting for one! :smile:

I have applied for Geography combined with IDS at Chester but heard nothing yet, do you get confirmation that they have received it first or do you just get an offer, as I've heard nothing at all off them yet :/
Anyone else appiled for Geography of any kind??

I have applied for geography too! I've put Chester as my firm choice for Geography BSc, have you heard from them yet?! :smile:
Hi, I am also going here in September and dont know anyone else going! I am studying Nursing though :smile:
Reply 113
Original post by Shelllyy1
O cool!!! :biggrin: Really glad to talk to someone whos doing the same course as me, what else are you studying?

sorry for the late reply, iPad wouldn't let me log in. But yeah, I'm doing advertising and photography :smile:
Original post by aljones
Ah another social-sciencer :smile:
Yeah Chester is Brilliant, if you want know any more don't hesitate to ask :smile:

Ahaha yeah :smile: Well what's the nightlife like ? From what I saw it doesnt look too bad ?
Pete
Reply 115
I just firmed Chester for French & German, eek.
Anybody else? :smile:
I'm in Northern Ireland so I'm pretty certain I'm going to be a norman-no-mates when I arrive and stick out like a sore thumb doing a language degree with a N'Irish accent haha!
Reply 116
Original post by Petetheseat
Ahaha yeah :smile: Well what's the nightlife like ? From what I saw it doesnt look too bad ?
Pete

We have 2 student nights, and 2 main clubs that people go too :smile:
Cruise- Monday night
Rosies- Thursday night

The night-life is pretty good and the you can walk to them from the Chester Campus :smile:
I'll be starting in september, studying sports & exercise science at Chester campus anyone that's either doing the same course as me or is starting at the same time add me on Facebook Id really appriciate it
http://www.facebook.com/kieran.auld.10?ref=tn_tnmn
Reply 118
Kieranauld im doing the same course do you know anyone else doing it?
No, my cousin goes but he does accounts, do you have Facebook?

Latest