The Student Room Group

Still only 15, but I was wondering about music examinations

Ok, so I've done grade 8 on both cello and piano...and achieved distinction on both. When I eventually do apply, do I input BOTH these results, or just one of them? :confused:

Also how much will it help to put my DipABRSM in music performence on my form (generally)?
Reply 1
you can put them both, you put the highest grade achieved in EACH instrument.
if you're applying for music the Diploma might be of worth but for any other subject it's not worth much. however if you've done it there's no harm putting it down to show well roundedness.
what subject are you intending to apply for?
Reply 2
Original post by pudsey_h11
you can put them both, you put the highest grade achieved in EACH instrument.
if you're applying for music the Diploma might be of worth but for any other subject it's not worth much. however if you've done it there's no harm putting it down to show well roundedness.
what subject are you intending to apply for?

hmmm...physics haha not entirely relevant to music. I'm just doing everything I can right now to get into a good uni :smile:
Reply 3
Original post by Alleykat606
hmmm...physics haha not entirely relevant to music. I'm just doing everything I can right now to get into a good uni :smile:

Universities like to see interests other than the subject you are studying for, so its good that you have other talents outside of Physics. Put the ABRSM grades in your personal statement as part of your other achievements. I'm going to study Theology and I also take Piano exams, so its not that unusual.
Reply 4
You can put both on your ucas application - under "other" qualifications just select ABRSM if thats the board you did it with.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending