The Student Room Group

This discussion is now closed.

Check out other Related discussions

Should a 70 year old man be allowed to have sex with a 16 year old girl?

Scroll to see replies

I wonder if people would feel the same way if the question was "should a 16 year old boy be allowed to have sex with a 70 year old woman?"
Reply 61
Original post by Ladyliesel
I wonder if people would feel the same way if the question was "should a 16 year old boy be allowed to have sex with a 70 year old woman?"

Good point. I often find there's a double standard in this debate.
Reply 62
There is nothing but a bunch of british retarded rapists on TSR and this thread proves it :colonhash:

Rant is clearly a pedophile and was probably molested himself. Why else would he think this behavior is okay?

Anyone who disagrees clearly sides with rapists :colonhash:
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 63
No way

Shame on an old man if he wants it with sumone young enough to be his gran daughter
No. i think the age gap is too big. He is old enough to be her grandad
Original post by paradix
I'd even go as far as to argue that the age of consent could be lowered, but I really can't justify that, as a 'blanket law' is difficult to apply, and naturally, some people may not be capable of offering informed consent.

But many people can legally consent to more pressing issues at that age. For example, a 14 year old Jehova Witness can refuse a blood transfusion which will endanger his or her life and Jewish boys who are born into Judaism are circumcised at an age where many of them are judged to be unable to give informed consent for sex, yet they can for GBH. :rolleyes:
No.

I was an idiot when I was 16. I may have been at an age where sex is legal, but I was far from an adult, far from capable of making reasoned decisions.

If a 16 year old girl has sex with a 70 year old man, for whatever her reasons may be, then people are likely to judge her harshly. Obviously the situation is a legal one, but it isn't a right one in my opinion.

Reasons why they would both be consenting -

The 70 year old man - OBVIOUS

The 16 year old girl - Probably some kind of deep-rooted problems going on in her life, and her way of dealing with these is to sleep with a guy who is as old as her grandad.

Would you want your 16 year old daughter to have sex with the 70 year old man down the road?
Pretty disgusting tbh.

I find it ubsurd that it's illegal for a 16 year old to have sex with a 15 year old, but somehow turning 16 gives means any old creep can **** you -_-

I also Agree entirely with post above.
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by NDGAARONDI
But many people can legally consent to more pressing issues at that age. For example, a 14 year old Jehova Witness can refuse a blood transfusion which will endanger his or her life and Jewish boys who are born into Judaism are circumcised at an age where many of them are judged to be unable to give informed consent for sex, yet they can for GBH. :rolleyes:

I hope you're joking, circumcision is not GBH.
Original post by Ladyliesel

Or what about a 16 year old boy and a 70 year old man?

The age of consent - the age at which the law deems individuals are able to make responsible decisions about who they sleep with - is 16. If you believe that a 16 year old with a 70 year old is wrong then you have to raise the age of consent as a whole. All you will achieve is to turn thousands of young people into criminals in order to protect a few who might actually sleep with a 70 year old man.
Original post by imperial maniac

I understand GBH to involve the splitting of the skin - C v Eisenhower (1983). Even if this is not true, I fail to see why religion or cosmetic reasons should be justified, especially when underaged boxing is frowned upon. If circumcision is practiced on men at the age of consent for sex, or above, I don't see an issue. You can't have a tattoo until 18. So you can't have your skin decorated but you can have your body militated, even when you're not of a conscience being to give consent.
Reply 71
It would be rather inconsiderate of the man to have a sexual relationship with the girl - having her whole life ahead of her and then being tied down to some old aged pensioner who has lived his whole life. For that reason it would not be right.
He'd probably be worn out after 20 seconds so there wouldn't be much point
Reply 73
Here's Barney's algorithm to deciding what is an acceptable age gap:tongue:

Reply 74
Original post by d_aan
Here's Barney's algorithm to deciding what is an acceptable age gap:tongue:

I've seen this before. I'm gonna assume you posted it as a joke. :tongue:

I don't think an algorithm is really appropriate for determining something as subjective as this.
Reply 75
Original post by paradix
...and men will always make ridiculous, sexist generalisations?

You sound somewhat contemptuous from that comment, to be honest. Perhaps your past tactics on women have influenced your cynicism towards them as a whole? :tongue:

Lol.

Women are good for one thing... and it isn't intelligent conversation.
Original post by imperial maniac

If I am circumcised tonight, and I have no plan to be, then I hope this is the charge the police will press.
The thread title and the poll question are two different things :facepalm: I say it's weird but it shouldn't be illegal, as long as they both want to of course.
Reply 78
Original post by paradix
I've seen this before. I'm gonna assume you posted it as a joke. :tongue:

I don't think an algorithm is really appropriate for determining something as subjective as this.

Of course, If i wasn't joking, I'd also believe in his hot/crazy chart:biggrin:

Reply 79
Original post by Rant
Lol.

Women are good for one thing... and it isn't intelligent conversation.

Ouch. I can taste the bitterness.

(I'm sure there's a blowjob joke in there somewhere, but shut up.)
(edited 12 years ago)

Latest

Trending

Trending