The Student Room Group
Students on campus at the University of Warwick
University of Warwick
Coventry

Warwick 2012 POSTGRADUATE Applicants

Scroll to see replies

You have to mail the single department of your msc course.I think warwick business school has a Postgraduate team as a central reference that they have singles team for each master offered
Students on campus at the University of Warwick
University of Warwick
Coventry
Reply 181
Original post by abha412
Spairos, when does Warwick announce the award of the WBS scholarships? I have an offer for MSc Finance & Econ. and am keen, but the 29k + living expense seems quite steep; Some assistance from Warwick would be of great help to me.

Unfortunatelly I am not in WBS so I have no clue, sorry. You can e-mail them.
(edited 11 years ago)
Original post by abha412
Great piece of information. Could you please let me know to whom did you write the email?? And what was the amount of scholarship?

Have you received my reply?
Reply 183
Original post by AlbertoCiacci
Have you received my reply?

Thanks, Alberto. I wrote to them yesterday, and am waiting for their response. Will let you know once I hear from them. In any case, I have put down the deposit and have accepted the offer.
The same i did:tongue:aid the deposit and accepted the offer.
Seems a clear procedure,i have to achieve the highest leaving grade and just sending the degree completition form by august 23rd
In the meantime,they are ready to reply to any query,they appear very nice.
hi..i got admission in wmg for supply chain..
could someone comment on how wmg compares to notthingham, lancaster..in terms of ranking and reputation...btw i m not looking for school with job opportunities.
Reply 186
You have to mail the single department of your msc course.I think warwick business school has a Postgraduate team as a central reference that they have singles team for each master offered

Hi, I was told that WBS scholarships are awarded only to those who are predicted a UK 1st class (or its overseas equi.). Since my offer is for achieving a 65% (high 2:1), I wasn't considered. High chances that I may still join Warwick if I do not get an offer from better Univs. and if funding is arranged. Thanks.
I would share some info with you and i would like to hear what you know about: I have few friends,they study in london,one in cass,one at tanaka and one in grenoble campus in the city.Since i have offers for warwick msc finance,lse msc financial maths,ucl financial maths and QFin at Cass,i talked to them in order to get advices: the majority said that the situation is not good in the city in term of placement,however warwick msc finance is the best choice,even better than lse,they say,since it places better than the latter. Indeed,is up to us working hard and doing good,but wbs seems to be the best choice.What do you know about and what do you think of it?
Reply 188
I would share some info with you and i would like to hear what you know about: I have few friends,they study in london,one in cass,one at tanaka and one in grenoble campus in the city.Since i have offers for warwick msc finance,lse msc financial maths,ucl financial maths and QFin at Cass,i talked to them in order to get advices: the majority said that the situation is not good in the city in term of placement,however warwick msc finance is the best choice,even better than lse,they say,since it places better than the latter. Indeed,is up to us working hard and doing good,but wbs seems to be the best choice.What do you know about and what do you think of it?

As far as I understand, LSE grads should be well placed and probably have an edge over Warwick in general. But the MSc Finance at Warwick is definitely the best in UK. Cass is not so good (I turned down their offer after getting Warwick), even in terms of faculty, program structure, etc.
Maybe Cass is over rated,since is definitely expensive and a lot of people agree that cass is not in the tier of lse and warwick.
Lse is the best choice if you aim to work worldwide since it is an amazing brand across the world. I would gain one or two year of experience in london jobs,not so easy in this period,but if i oriented the msc finance at wbs to quant (choosing as electives financial engineering,derivatives,risk management) and i will be lucky on finding a good job i could set some requisites in order to gain a shot for the phd in financial engineering at columbia. I know it's a dream,but if i think of such an amazing path i want to study and work hard in order to pursue it
Forgive me if this is in the wrong place or quite possibly just not the intended response to the thread title, but I have a question about applications to the Warwick English Lit. MA.

I wondered whether the application requires a portfolio of work, and if so, what kind and length?
I'm just finishing up 2nd year exams (fun) and am thinking about third year modules. Some of them have 4,000-word essays that would double up nicely as submissions of written work, but I can't seem to find anything on Warwick's website that would seem to confirm this. Advice please :rolleyes:

And congratulations to everyone with offers! Fingers crossed that finances all fall in place for you too :biggrin:

Quick Reply

Latest