The Student Room Group
Students on campus at the University of Warwick
University of Warwick
Coventry

Warwick 2012 POSTGRADUATE Applicants

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Got a conditional (on the provision of original documents) offer for MSc Economics as well. Just need to look at the financial aspect of studying there now before making my decision. I do have a query though: Anyone have any idea if it's possible to cover your weekly expenditure via part-time jobs or is that simply not possible due to the work load of the Masters program?
Students on campus at the University of Warwick
University of Warwick
Coventry
Reply 21
Original post by Theridamas
Just while everyone's on the topic of conditional offers... I've got a conditional (on the provision of mailing in an oridinal transcript) but I can't find anywhere with information on how to do so. Or do you have to accept the offer first and then provide the transcript? I don't want to accept just yet as I'm waiting to see if I get any other offers...

Hey,

I think you can accept your offer, but your offer is not confirmed until you send in the transcript. That's what I did I think- I accepted my offer in..... April? (maybe) but couldn't confirm it until July because of undergrad exam boards. If you send a stamped and addressed envelope they should send your transcript back. There should be information in your offer about how to confirm your place :smile:
Original post by Betski
Hey,

I think you can accept your offer, but your offer is not confirmed until you send in the transcript. That's what I did I think- I accepted my offer in..... April? (maybe) but couldn't confirm it until July because of undergrad exam boards. If you send a stamped and addressed envelope they should send your transcript back. There should be information in your offer about how to confirm your place :smile:

Cheers! As long as there's no rush I'll wait a while yet before accepting - it shouldn't affect whether or not I get a scholarship offer, right?

Speaking of which, I'm going crazy waiting to see if I get a scholarship. Way too impatient. It's around late march that they give offers, huh?
Hey there!
I got a conditional to study MA in International Politics.
Does anyone know by what date you need to state whether you accept the conditional offer or not? Is this binding? If you accept the offer and meet the conditions, can you still decide not to go? They don't require any deposit or anything...
Reply 24
Original post by marcelbandur
Hey there!
I got a conditional to study MA in International Politics.
Does anyone know by what date you need to state whether you accept the conditional offer or not? Is this binding? If you accept the offer and meet the conditions, can you still decide not to go? They don't require any deposit or anything...

Hi, I think (I sent them an e-mail) that as far as they dont ask for any deposits then there is no deadline (exept if you still haven't decided during the last weeks before the program begins, where they will ask you if you intend to attend). Also there won't be any problem if you accept the offer but then you finally decide not to go.( I am also accepted at MSc in Statistics)
Reply 25
Anyone who received this prior to an official offer letter?

"Further to your application to the MSc in Business Analytics & Consulting at Warwick Business School, I am delighted to inform you that the programme’s Admissions Panel has made a recommendation to the University’s Postgraduate Admissions Office for admission to the programme. Please note that this is not an official offer - all departmental recommendations are subject to formal verification and approval by the University. You will normally receive official notification of the University’s final decision by email within 4 weeks."
Reply 26
I got a similar letter and a final offer about two weeks later :smile:
Reply 27
Yeah - I wish they would just send the official confirmation letter rather than this preliminary informal one.

I received the full offer with conditions a week later.

MSc Finance! See you in the Business School! I had a tour the other week and it is an incredible building.

Original post by Mafiozos
Anyone who received this prior to an official offer letter?

"Further to your application to the MSc in Business Analytics & Consulting at Warwick Business School, I am delighted to inform you that the programme’s Admissions Panel has made a recommendation to the University’s Postgraduate Admissions Office for admission to the programme. Please note that this is not an official offer - all departmental recommendations are subject to formal verification and approval by the University. You will normally receive official notification of the University’s final decision by email within 4 weeks."
Reply 28
Hello to everyone. I've received a conditional offer for MSc Economics, so I'll meet some of the people who posted here this year for sure!
Reply 29
What were your conditions Gr.?Did you also receive a preliminary informal offer prior to the official one?
Does anyone know what date they announce international scholarship recipients? On the site I remember seeing something about late March, but in the letter of my conditional offer it says late April...

The wait is driving me crazy.

Also, is anyone else here applying for an international scholarship?
Reply 31
Original post by Mafiozos
What were your conditions Gr.?Did you also receive a preliminary informal offer prior to the official one?

There is just a condition to send the transcript (either a transcript or a attested copy)

There was no preliminary offer and the I received the offer just 7 days after my second referee uploaded his recommendation and 3 weeks from the day I've submitted the application, so thumbs up to Warwick graduate admissions team.

The only thing I'm anxious about right now is the accommodation. They don't usually allow visiting the campus outside of open days, which I won't be able to come for (I live outside of UK) so I'm in a bit of a bind atm.
Reply 32
I got a conditional offer (pending results of my current undergraduate degree 90.1/100, luckily I have a 94.23/100 :colone:--I suppose that's the equilvalent of 1st class in the UK) for the MSc Finance and Behavioral Science.

I already accepted the offer and counting down the days until the program starts!
Reply 33
Original post by bobcr
I got a conditional offer (pending results of my current undergraduate degree 90.1/100, luckily I have a 94.23/100 :colone:--I suppose that's the equilvalent of 1st class in the UK) for the MSc Finance and Behavioral Science.

I already accepted the offer and counting down the days until the program starts!

Congratulations about your offer!
Where are you from btw?
Reply 34
Spairos

I'm from Costa Rica--Central America. I lived in Switzerland for a couple of years back in 2002-2004 then moved back to Costa Rica for 4 years and I've been living in Ecuador-South America--since 2008. Should interesting to switch the culture mode from Latin America back to European.

Are you from the UK?

Cheers
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 35
Original post by bobcr
Spairos

I'm from Costa Rica--Central America. I lived in Switzerland for a couple of years back in 2002-2004 then moved back to Costa Rica for 4 years and I've been living in Ecuador-South America--since 2008. Should interesting to switch the culture mode from Latin America back to European.

Are you from the UK?

Cheers

No I am from GR.
I have also been accepted by Warwick (MSc in Statistics).
However I find it hard to choose between my uni offers:
Leeds, Essex, Lancaster, Nottingham, Warwick, UCL, LSE, Imperial
(and have been waiting for decisions from Oxbridge too)
Reply 36
Original post by Spairos
No I am from GR.
I have also been accepted by Warwick (MSc in Statistics).
However I find it hard to choose between my uni offers:
Leeds, Essex, Lancaster, Nottingham, Warwick, UCL, LSE, Imperial
(and have been waiting for decisions from Oxbridge too)

I got offers from Glasgow, Edinburgh, Nottingham, and Warwick. In my case Warwick offered the behavioral course I went ahead and accepted the offer. BTW did you apply to ETH in Zurich?

In all honest those are some outstanding universities, if money is no object I would choose Imperial. But again the question is where do you see yourself fit best?

Cheers
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 37
Original post by bobcr

Me too! I love the course, the business school and the campus - can't wait!
I was just wondering. I got a conditional for Msc accounting and finance at wbs. But do u think it is possible to change to another program (msc finance)? do you think they will let me?

thanks
Reply 39
Original post by rollarcoaster
I was just wondering. I got a conditional for Msc accounting and finance at wbs. But do u think it is possible to change to another program (msc finance)? do you think they will let me?

thanks

The MSc Finance course is more competitive to get onto so it is unlikely... call and ask.

Quick Reply