The Student Room Group
Students on campus at the University of Warwick
University of Warwick
Coventry

Warwick 2012 POSTGRADUATE Applicants

Scroll to see replies

Hi everyone!

Looking forward to meeting you all! Ill be doing the msc in economics next fall. Anyone have any advice on finding shared apartments in leamington/coventry? Im from finland so i wont have time to visit any before. If anyone want to buddy up or have a spare room pls let me know!

Cheers!
Students on campus at the University of Warwick
University of Warwick
Coventry
Reply 121
Got conditional offer for msc economics. But also hold an offer for same course at manchester. Divided between the two. Any piece of advice?
Reply 122
i wonder if warwick rejects a student, would they notify him or her after four weeks?
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 123
Original post by PartyRock
i wonder if warwick rejects a student, would they notify him or her after four weeks?

I guess of course they would, if they haven't replied you yet it most definitely means that they haven't taken a decision yet, however you won't lose something by calling them and ask them if they have taken a decision yet but they somehow forgot to inform you.
conditional offer for MA Social Work :smile:
Reply 125
Original post by HelenaS88

Congratulations for your offer :smile:

Maybe you would like to share your academic profile with us?
Original post by Spairos
Congratulations for your offer :smile:

Maybe you would like to share your academic profile with us?

did an unrelated degree 06-09 and been working since :smile:
Reply 127
Hi spairos,

Thanks for the suggestion.

Currently, I am waiting for their reply and I am in the 3rd week of waiting.

I seen a lot of people in TSR getting offers on the 2nd week after they submitted their applications.

I am not sure whether is it they submitted during Jan to March period? Maybe it's non peak period. :dontknow:

Original post by Spairos
I guess of course they would, if they haven't replied you yet it most definitely means that they haven't taken a decision yet, however you won't lose something by calling them and ask them if they have taken a decision yet but they somehow forgot to inform you.

This was posted from The Student Room's Android App on my GT-I9100
Reply 128
did an unrelated degree 06-09 and been working since :smile:

Unrelated first degree means that you somehow eventually changed your mind towards the subjects that you like (I assume so).
So since you have already graduated, in what terms is the offer a conditional one?
Reply 129
Hi spairos,

Thanks for the suggestion.

Currently, I am waiting for their reply and I am in the 3rd week of waiting.

I seen a lot of people in TSR getting offers on the 2nd week after they submitted their applications.

I am not sure whether is it they submitted during Jan to March period? Maybe it's non peak period. :dontknow:

No problem there,
if you can't wait anymore just give them a call,
however you most definitely get an answer in 1-2 weeks the most, I guess so.
Reply 130
I received an email from them last night...

[INDENT]I am delighted to inform you that the programme’s Admissions Panel has made a recommendation to the University’s Postgraduate Admissions Office for admission to the programme. Please note that this is not an official offer - all departmental recommendations are subject to formal verification and approval by the University. You will normally receive official notification of the University’s final decision by email within 4 weeks.[/INDENT]

i hope I can get an offer from them.. :tongue:

Original post by Spairos
No problem there,
if you can't wait anymore just give them a call,
however you most definitely get an answer in 1-2 weeks the most, I guess so.

I also have a conditional offer for the MA in social work! :smile: Look forward to meeting you!
Original post by sophie_123
I also have a conditional offer for the MA in social work! :smile: Look forward to meeting you!

yay :smile: so you've decided on Warwick?? :smile:
yay :smile: so you've decided on Warwick?? :smile:

ye! i firmed warwick and just got news that i've completed all of my conditions so my place is now official! :smile: what about you?
Original post by sophie_123
ye! i firmed warwick and just got news that i've completed all of my conditions so my place is now official! :smile: what about you?

just got to post my CRB and sort my second reference :smile: done occupational health.. have you planned where to live?
Reply 135
I received an email from them last night...

[INDENT]I am delighted to inform you that the programme’s Admissions Panel has made a recommendation to the University’s Postgraduate Admissions Office for admission to the programme. Please note that this is not an official offer - all departmental recommendations are subject to formal verification and approval by the University. You will normally receive official notification of the University’s final decision by email within 4 weeks.[/INDENT]

i hope I can get an offer from them.. :tongue:

Of course you will!
Congratulations!!
Reply 136
Haha, I really hope so.. how long did you wait get your offer?? Also, could you reveal how you got scholarship??

thanks.:biggrin:

Original post by Spairos
Of course you will!
Congratulations!!
Reply 137
Haha, I really hope so.. how long did you wait get your offer?? Also, could you reveal how you got scholarship??

thanks.:biggrin:

I waited one week (in total) for my offer, but it depends on the programme, period of time and many other parameters, so you can't judge from just one person.

I can't reveal how I got scholarship, because I just got one :smile:
(they had sent me a mail letting me know) :biggrin:

Best Regards
Reply 138
Haha, OK got it.

Original post by Spairos
I waited one week (in total) for my offer, but it depends on the programme, period of time and many other parameters, so you can't judge from just one person.

I can't reveal how I got scholarship, because I just got one :smile:
(they had sent me a mail letting me know) :biggrin:

Best Regards

Original post by Helen-C
MSc Clinical Applications of Psychology :smile:

Hey! I've just accepted my offer for this course, too! Have you thought about where you're going to be living?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending