The Student Room Group

OCR Physics A G484 Jan 2012 - The Newtonian World

I'm not sure if someone's beat me to it, but I was just wanted a place where we could discuss the exam.
So who is taking the exam in on 24th January 2012? How is your revision going? :smile:

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Oh come on, am I the only person sitting this exam? O_o :colondollar:
Im taking it, its in 1 month tomorrow so Ill start revising in a few weeks time. Its quite an easy exam as long as you can solidify those definitions and concepts.
Reply 3
Original post by Barkziee
Im taking it, its in 1 month tomorrow so Ill start revising in a few weeks time. Its quite an easy exam as long as you can solidify those definitions and concepts.

Thank god I'm not the only person :woo: Do you just have physics in january? I have 3 other exams to prepare for so I have already started -____-
Reply 4
Original post by sweetascandy
I'm not sure if someone's beat me to it, but I was just wanted a place where we could discuss the exam.
So who is taking the exam in on 24th January 2012? How is your revision going? :smile:

Im doing this exam too, im dreading it at the moment. Thermal Physics is my strength, but i need to really improve on other areas before the exam. I dont want to end up retaking.

What did you get at AS? I got an A.
Reply 5
I've got 50 students taking it.
Reply 6
Original post by Jukeboxing
Im doing this exam too, im dreading it at the moment. Thermal Physics is my strength, but i need to really improve on other areas before the exam. I dont want to end up retaking.
What did you get at AS? I got an A.

I got an A at AS as well (I was failing all year so then I ended up having to nerd it out in the last week before the exam :p:). I find the content quite straightforward, but I have limited exam practice. :sad:
Original post by teachercol
I've got 50 students taking it.

Do you mean there are 50 people you know taking this exam? Or have you literally "got" 50 students in a thread or something? :confused:
Reply 7
I got an A at AS as well (I was failing all year so then I ended up having to nerd it out in the last week before the exam :p:). I find the content quite straightforward, but I have limited exam practice. :sad:

Do you mean there are 50 people you know taking this exam? Or have you literally "got" 50 students in a thread or something? :confused:

What resources are you using? I only have the black OCR textbook at the moment, im looking for something else to go along with it.
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 8
I use this one. Is it the same as what you're talking about?
Reply 9
Yes that's the one, I've pretty much done all the questions in there. I need more practice.
Does anybody have the june 2011 paper? Really need it for revision ¬¬
Original post by Jukeboxing
Yes that's the one, I've pretty much done all the questions in there. I need more practice.

Seriously? I can never do any of the textbook questions. I couldn't do them in the AS book either :frown:
Original post by soulcrasher
Does anybody have the june 2011 paper? Really need it for revision ¬¬

Exam boards usually don't release it because schools use it for mocks. Try emailing your teacher for it, if you don't have an upcoming mock.
(edited 12 years ago)
I sat this last year, its a ****.
Reply 13

He's a teacher, hence the name :redface:
Seriously? I can never do any of the textbook questions. I couldn't do them in the AS book either :frown:

Exam boards usually don't release it because schools use it for mocks. Try emailing your teacher for it, if you don't have an upcoming mock.

I already had a mock, but it was from the jan 2011 paper. I think it's becuase my teachers don't have a copy of the june 2011 paper.
Good luck!
Original post by wibletg
He's a teacher, hence the name :redface:

Haha, I didn't even think to look at his username :colondollar:
Original post by soulcrasher
I already had a mock, but it was from the jan 2011 paper. I think it's becuase my teachers don't have a copy of the june 2011 paper.

We also did the jan 11 paper for our mock. But we're doing the june 11 paper for our second mock (after christmas)!

Speaking of which, MERRY CHRISTMAS!! :party:
(edited 12 years ago)
I'm dong this exam in Jan too, hopefully getting a good A grade.

For those wanting the June 11 papers and mark scheme, they're here
Original post by Europe Skies
I'm dong this exam in Jan too, hopefully getting a good A grade.

For those wanting the June 11 papers and mark scheme, they're here

Thanks! Greatly appreciate it. You have no idea how long I spent looking for these...
Reply 19
I'm doing this exam as well.. revising for it now lol :smile:... I'm doing it privately so no mock fr me :frown:. Good luck everyone

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending