The Student Room Group
Bangor University
Bangor University
Visit website

Bangor Uni Primary PGCE Sept 2012

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
i phoned nicola williams who is the course administrator and she told me the date for lower primary is the 10th of sept duno bwt upper sorry guys. iv also benn in contact with the student university accommodation and they dont take on pgce students to stay in the halls but there is a list of landlords who r willing to rent out to pgce students knowing they will only be there every so often. xxx
Bangor University
Bangor University
Visit website
Reply 41
Hi Guys

Congratulations to all who have got onto the PGCE :smile:

I cant wait to get started in September anyone got any good preperation ideas. I'm already working at a Primary School so getting lots of experience there.

Also anyone who lives anywhere near Gresford in Wrexham and is looking to car share feel free to message me would be good to save some money on fuel as going to be very poor next year!

Cheers

Rich
Reply 42
Hi, hows everyones year going?

Just wondering if anybody knows when we'll start getting more info on the course not heard anything since all the paperwork after the offer and me accepting. Im sure we were told when they would send out more info but I can't for the life of me remember.

Thanks in advance
Reply 43
Hi everyone
Well done to you all for getting onto the course. I too am starting Lower Primary in September. Going from Flintshire.
I haven't had anything through either since the accepting/paperwork stage. I called the Administration Office when filling out my student finance form and was told that the start date has been brought forward now to the 3rd Sep and that it would be May/June when we get a pack sent through with lots of info in it. Anyone know anything else? Cheers
The Upper Primary course is starting on the 3rd as well. I was hoping that it'd be the week after but I can't really complain. Getting pretty bored just waiting around for it all to start.

Got my accommodation pretty much sorted so I've nothing else to do until the information pack is sent out.

Has anyone tried learning a bit of Welsh? I said I'd do it a few weeks ago but I still haven't gotten around to it. I may learn some. I don't want to go over there and have to learn a few phrases on top of the other work as well.
Reply 45
Crikey didn't realise it had been brought forward, I was going to finish work on the 2nd Sept and give myself a week to get sorted, not sure Ill be allowed to finish any earlier as it'll still be summer hols and really busy :frown:

I started a Welsh course at the end of Jan but its really slow paced, essentially we learn at the speed of the most struggling, Ive discovered that Im the naughty one when Im bored! I think we'll only be expected to use classroom commands in welsh such as sit down, be quiet, hurry up etc which I reckon will be easy to pick up as its used in the classrooms anyway.

Thanks for answering my question, I'll look out for the post in the next few weeks :smile:
Original post by kirky84
Crikey didn't realise it had been brought forward, I was going to finish work on the 2nd Sept and give myself a week to get sorted, not sure Ill be allowed to finish any earlier as it'll still be summer hols and really busy :frown:

I started a Welsh course at the end of Jan but its really slow paced, essentially we learn at the speed of the most struggling, Ive discovered that Im the naughty one when Im bored! I think we'll only be expected to use classroom commands in welsh such as sit down, be quiet, hurry up etc which I reckon will be easy to pick up as its used in the classrooms anyway.

Thanks for answering my question, I'll look out for the post in the next few weeks :smile:

I was hoping for another week as well but I'm looking forward to getting started.

I know that the phrases will be pretty basic, but I'd just like to have an idea of the pronunciation and things like that before I go over there. I had a look at the BBC Welsh website a while back but never really followed through on it. Do you know of any online resources that might be helpful?

Also Welsh is pretty much the first language it seems for a lot of people in Bangor so I'd like to be able to speak a bit of it.
Reply 47
Bangor is mainly students so its very English dominant you won't ahve any promblemsthere, its Caernarfon and the villages that are predominantly Welsh speaking.
I had a look at the BBC website and thats probably the best resource out there if you cant go to actual classes. If you do have the time over summer check out welsh classes all along the north wales coast, they do an intensive two week summer school which i believe is the beginners course im doing weekly.
I'll have to stick to the online resources because I'm from Ireland. I have a few books at home that my dad bought a few years ago. Hopefully they'll be of use to me. Thanks anyway.
Reply 49
HI guys!

I too will be starting Upper Primary in Sep! A little gutted about the start date also , I won't be able to give much notice in my current job as it will be school holidays :frown:

I'll be travelling from Rhuddlan , which is in Denbighshire if anyone wants to car share? Trying to cut costs as I know it will be a massive struggle! Anyone interested please let me know!

I can't wait to start :smile:
Supposedly the date for the welcome week is 3rd September. The actual course will be starting on the 10th.
Reply 51
Got home form holiday to find the info pack had finally arrived, very exciting! The preliminary reading list is pretty full, are poeple planning on buying books on the list or just borrowing fromt he library?
Also from the TDA website I was under the impression that there was a bursary for primary PGCE this year but the finance sheet theyve sent us doesnt seem to say anything about primary :/
Reply 52
hi all so cant wait to start on the 3rd and put a face to all these names. lol anyone knows what happens after finishing the primary lower pgce. ie doing a one NQT etc. still waiting for placement so still dont know where il be living.lol x
Reply 53
Original post by nadine_harrison
Hi Caeras,

I have an interview on Friday for the lower primary course. If I am successful I would be interested in car sharing as I am also from Wrexham :smile: Message me if you are interested.

Nadine.

i am from the wrexham area too and starting.in.september looking.to lift share? x
Reply 54
Original post by kateeds
i am from the wrexham area too and starting.in.september looking.to lift share? x

i am also from wrwxham looking to lift share x
Reply 55
Hi,

Are you still looking to car share? I'm based around Chester and am also looking for someone to share with.
Reply 56
Original post by rgriffs
Hi Guys

Congratulations to all who have got onto the PGCE :smile:

I cant wait to get started in September anyone got any good preperation ideas. I'm already working at a Primary School so getting lots of experience there.

Also anyone who lives anywhere near Gresford in Wrexham and is looking to car share feel free to message me would be good to save some money on fuel as going to be very poor next year!

Cheers

Rich

Hi Rich,

Did you find anyone to share with. I'm from Chester and also looking. Give me a shout if that is of any interest to you.
Reply 57
Original post by LauraGiz
HI guys!

I too will be starting Upper Primary in Sep! A little gutted about the start date also , I won't be able to give much notice in my current job as it will be school holidays :frown:

I'll be travelling from Rhuddlan , which is in Denbighshire if anyone wants to car share? Trying to cut costs as I know it will be a massive struggle! Anyone interested please let me know!

I can't wait to start :smile:

Hi Laura,

Did you find anyone to share with? I'm coming over from Chester and looking for someone to share with. If you are interested then let me know.
Reply 58
Hi jonno add me on Facebook Laura-Leigh gizzi. I'd love to care share :smile: please!! Also anyone else who wants to share also add. Thanks :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest