The Student Room Group

why do girls self mutilate with tattoos and piercings?

Scroll to see replies

Because they want to?
Reply 181
Why do men get tattoos and piercings?

Women get them because they WANT to.
Original post by LaLaLucy
This is ridiculous.
I have a very stereotypical nuclear family. Working father, stay at home mother. I had a wonderful upbringing, I love my parents dearly.

I have tattoos and piercings. I do not have father issues, and I am not insecure. You are utterly ridiculous, an insult to feminists everywhere.

Your parents must be very proud.
I have piercings, and although I don't have tattoo's I am planning to get one, as well as the fact I've actually tattooed other people. It's called body modification and it's of absolutely NO concern to you about what any girl does, if you don't do it and reflect your views, then don't complain about others.

Is my "self mutilation" the result of trauma? No
Am I trying to emulate guys? No
Is it a cry for help? No
Is OP an idiot? yes
because we modded girls do it better

but no seriously, I have quite a few piercings and I dont think they've made me less feminine, if anything I'm more feminine than I was before I got them done cause I've grown up a lot and move away from my old tomboy style,
also, how do you know piercings and tattoos were "male" first? thats a bit of a generalisation isn't it?
if women want to engage in more "manly" activities so what? equal rights because that both genders can engage in everything the other gender can,
piece of advice?
get over it. I know plenty of girls with no piercings who are girlly, go out with them, and leave the rest of the female population to do what they want
Each to there own. If someone wants to get piercings and tattoo's then why not? It's not harming anyone else, it's there body so they can do whatever they like with it. I have several piercings and tattoo's and i'm constantly getting asked 'why? whats the point?'. I may regret them in 20 years time, but who cares? Your own body, do as you please with it. If you don't like piercings/tattoos dont get them, simple as that :wink:
Okay, you've annoyed me slightly with what you've said, but I guess it's your opinion.

I identify as gender fluid, which is where I see myself as mainly female, but sometimes I'll slip into feeling more agender or male. I do not wish to go into the backgrounds of feminism, but for me, tattoos are nothing to do with making myself more masculine. I want my tattoos, as they signify important parts of my life, that will always stay with my. I want my tattoos for their meaning themselves.

Also, I self harmed for many years. Tattooing, for me, is not the same thing at all. I will endure the pain of my tattoos, as something to be proud of; my past, my life, and my goals will be forever painted onto my body.
Most of the time any tattoo is not visible, especially in winter. There are some I have liked but others not. As for piercings, ears and nipples can look good on a woman in my opinion, but I am not keen on those 'lower down' (I am sure you understand where I am referring to).

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending