The Student Room Group

Withdrawing from UG course at end of 1st term, student finance confusion?

I started an UG course at University of Westminster this September (2011) but have hated it for months, so I put a discontinuation form into my School's registry on the 13th December. I phoned Student Finance to ask them about changing to a Pathway Programme at BPP University College (anyone go there on one of those courses? Know if SF fund them?) and the woman I spoke to said something about an amount that Westminster want me to pay them.

I was under the impression that if I withdrew after 2nd December - when SF pay your tuition fees to your uni - that I wouldn't have to pay the fees back immediately, and that I would pay it back to SF after I was earning 15k+? That's what Student Advice at Westminster told me, so I stuck the course out until after the 2nd but now I'm being told that I have to "discuss" the amount I pay with Westminster to Westminster?

Has this happened to anyone else, and if so, what happened? I'm really confused and pretty worried, because I don't know what's going on and everything I get told conflicts with something else I've been told before.

Any info would be appreciated. Thanks!
Let us know what happens and how it works out

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending