The Student Room Group
Reply 1
Koop
I think I've made a mistake. I choose to do ab intio Italian with one other language but I've realised that I find Russian more exciting, esp. after studying Lenin and Stalin. My parents don't like the idea of me taking a gap year so obviously i can't pull out of UCAS. Could i change my language at uni?
Wouldn't the tutors think i'm indecisive and uncommitted? Help!!!

Email the admissions tutor about whether changing when you get there (or beforehand) is possible? I think that would be a good start. I'm sure it's not the kind of change that's too difficult to organise, so I wouldn't worry too much.
Ludivine
Email the admissions tutor about whether changing when you get there (or beforehand) is possible? I think that would be a good start. I'm sure it's not the kind of change that's too difficult to organise, so I wouldn't worry too much.

yes i agree - but i would say WAIT until you receive the offer from them! (because like you say, it might show you're not commited) Once you've got the offer, they can't exactly take it back.

i was a bit scared of this too. I phoned the Speech and Language Therapy dpt at Manchester and was very honest with them - that i may change my course after the first year to that course (SLT, from French with Linguistics). The woman on the phone asked me whether i had actually applied to Manchester, to which my answer was yes! i was getting really worried incase she might contact the languages dpt and tell them!

but in the end i got my offer.

o by the way, i'm not considering changing my course anymore.
Reply 3
I originally applied to uni to do French and German, but changed my mind after my A levels. I emailed the department after results day asking ifit would be OK to change and they said yes, just register for Italian instead of German on registration day! Easy.
Reply 4
Becca
I originally applied to uni to do French and German, but changed my mind after my A levels. I emailed the department after results day asking ifit would be OK to change and they said yes, just register for Italian instead of German on registration day! Easy.

That sounds great! Thanks guys! Could anyone tell me if this is possible at UCL?
Reply 5
Koop
That sounds great! Thanks guys! Could anyone tell me if this is possible at UCL?

Once you've got an offer, email them and ask.

Latest

Trending

Trending