The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Losing hope...Will all the remaining fishes who are not invited for any interview be given a rejection?
Reply 2781
Well...they did say they're giving direct offers up till the 15th. :smile:
Reply 2782
Original post by colorfulshadow
Losing hope...Will all the remaining fishes who are not invited for any interview be given a rejection?

I seem to remember from the 'winter pool' link sent with the original 'you've been pooled' letter, it mentioned that after all interviews have been conducted, there is still a chance that certain colleges may elect to dip back into the pool if they have not found what they were looking for among the candidates they interviewed. Could someone please confirm this view? Apologies if I have it wrong. - supportive parent-
Reply 2783
Original post by Leghornfleur
Hi Im a stressed parent of an even more stressed Natsci poolee from Magdalen- has anyone recieved a direct offer at all from Mags for Natsci? just that the letter we recieved said the application was still under consideration and inclusion in the pool was to maximise chances of gaining a Cambridge place. Not been fished so in limbo. Wondered if Magdalen was holding back offers til they had interviewed more candidates. Any ideas folks???:confused:

Welcome...Although its very difficult I think I would regard no news as good news at the moment. With re-interviews going on, there surely must be some decisions that cant be made until those are over. I would try to keep your chin up and keep hoping until such time as you know for sure. The waiting is absolutely terrible I am sure.

On checking Minerva's stats from today only 1 person out of 17 from Magdalen that has posted on this thread has heard anything and that was an offer not a rejection....ofcourse thats across all subjects but it must give you some hope.
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 2784
Are medicine and vet medicine fishes will be in a pool for a longer time until the end of January like last year?
(edited 12 years ago)
Officially rejected from Christ's today -great feeling as I'm horribly ill as well but was expecting it. Good luck to everyone left in the pool!
Reply 2786
Original post by Jan2555
Welcome...Although its very difficult I think I would regard no news as good news at the moment. With re-interviews going on, there surely must be some decisions that cant be made until those are over. I would try to keep your chin up and keep hoping until such time as you know for sure. The waiting is absolutely terrible I am sure.

On checking Minerva's stats from today only 1 person out of 17 from Magdalen that has posted on this thread has heard anything and that was an offer not a rejection....ofcourse thats across all subjects but it must give you some hope.

Reinterviews are from 12 to 14, right? and not today.. wonder whytoday is so quiet.
Reply 2787
Pooled by Trinity for Economics. Still no response. Is there any economist who got a direct offer hitherto?
Reply 2788
Has anybody seen anything from St John's - it seems to
have been very quiet both on offers, rejections and fishings:confused:

Would very much like to hear if anyone has been fished by them
Reply 2789
Just got the mail. Rejected. Good luck to everyone else.
Original post by miss_dj
How did you word your email? I think I have to email them, I can't just sit here and wait. And I used to think that I was a patient person...

I just said since I haven't heard anything by now is it safe to assume I haven't been asked back for another interview? If so, could you please tell me when I can expect to hear something?

There's no need to elaborate anything or put any emotion in it, just ask them straight and they will tell you straight :smile: good luck
Reply 2791
Original post by osajid2
Just got the mail. Rejected. Good luck to everyone else.

Very sorry. Did you mean email or post? Are you international?

Who sent you the mail? Original college or?
Reply 2792
Original post by stfc69
well done!

Can you let us know when you found out and how (eg email sent at...) - thanks

I got a call on Friday night inviting me for interview and it was confirmed by phone on Monday :smile:
Reply 2793
Just got email - rejected. Not that sad as the time I was pooled though :smile: good luck everyone!
Reply 2794
Original post by hollie-elizabeth
I just said since I haven't heard anything by now is it safe to assume I haven't been asked back for another interview? If so, could you please tell me when I can expect to hear something?

There's no need to elaborate anything or put any emotion in it, just ask them straight and they will tell you straight :smile: good luck

Thanks. :smile: Good luck to you too!
Reply 2795
By email and I am international. Yes, the original college (Trinity).
Hi guys. I am an EU student and I have been pooled by Trinity College for Economics last Thursday. A few moments ago I was sent an email that said I wasn't taken up by any college and that my application was unsuccessful. I am really sad right now because like for most of you, Cambridge was also a dream of mine.
Nevertheless I want to congratulate all those who were successful and have been fished, and wish luck to all those who are still waiting. I know the feeling, the stress and agony that you are going through but keep strong. And I would also like to thank all those working on this post as it has been a good company over the last few days.
My son, EU international pooled by Trinity for Economics, just got his rejection e-mail.

No problem; he will devote his energy now to his American applications :smile:. In any case, he already has Warwick and some other good European universities as safeties.

Let me take the opportunity to thank Minerva for her great work. TSR has been a great help for us during this awful waiting time.

I wish all the luck to those still in the pool. You will all get into a great university, be it Cambridge or not!
Reply 2798
just got a rejection letter (in the post) from Selwyn for Economics

never mind :smile: "a setback is a set up for a come back" and all that jazz!

good luck everyone with interviews and everyone else in the pool :smile:
Reply 2799
Rejected by Trinity today :frown:

Latest

Trending

Trending