The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 2820
Original post by Elizabeth 1
Is the above correct??? Do medics and vet medics not hear anything to the last?? Where did this information come from?

http://www.admin.cam.ac.uk/offices/admissions/handbook/section2/2_6.html
Vet medics are also considered for open offers. :smile:

Thank you for the above information. It may be a ray of hope.
Reply 2822
Thank you. She is fine actually. I think by now she was so tired of the whole process she just wanted to know.

I would probably replace thoughtless with arrogant but maybe that is just the tiniest smidgeon of sour grapes :smile:

Original post by MadDaddy
Hi

I'm really sorry that your daughter got a rejection and in such a way too. They seem to be very thoughtless IMO. A friend of my son was rejected by Caius for Classics in the same way last night. :frown:
Reply 2823
Original post by leezee
last year, some people were waiting in early February..so..poor us medics...but somebody said last year, all them were considered for an open offer...so there is still hope !!

Really?! February! Although I don't like the waiting, I'm taking it as a good thing. No news is good news! Fingers crossed for all the medics/vet meds! Hope we all get open offers :smile:
Still swimming away! I want closure. >.<
Reply 2825
To the ones still waiting, keep hoping.
Any arch and anth applicants who got pooled and are still waiting for a reply?
Gosh on the stats document, I seem to be the only one not to have had a reply in arch and anth yet.
Luck to you all, from France:smile:
Phoned Sidney Sussex just now - they say they'll be sending out letters tomorrow.
Reply 2827
Is it a bad sign not to have had any reply at this stage of the pooling process?
Rejected by UCAS :frown:
Sucks, I so wanted this!
Reply 2829
pooled by trinity for maths
still no news but i have a feeling that i will get an email of rejection today
Reply 2830
it's been a long time since we had an offer in this thread :frown:
Reply 2831
Original post by uisytfbvsui
Phoned Sidney Sussex just now - they say they'll be sending out letters tomorrow.

good luck !!
Reply 2832
Original post by Puffincat
Sucks, I so wanted this!

I thought that UCAS takes a while a update, does that mean people are rejected many days ago? and Cambridge just can't be bothered to let people know... ?
Reply 2833
Original post by Puffincat
Sucks, I so wanted this!

im so sorry about that :frown: which college were you from??
Reply 2834
Original post by leezee
I thought that UCAS takes a while a update, does that mean people are rejected many days ago? and Cambridge just can't be bothered to let people know... ?

means they have updated ucas before the sent anything out to anyone. Just more efficient if they're rejecting i think.
Reply 2835
Just got my rejection after being pooled by Churchill for NatSci (Phys) :frown: but in all honesty I wasn't even expecting to get pooled, and I'm more than happy to go to Durham :biggrin:. Best of luck to the rest of you still swimming around out there!!

Out of curiosity was anybody else not informed of being put into the pool in the first place?
Got rejected via track for English by Emmanuel. Obviously a little disappointed after all this waiting but after really thinking about it probably wasn't the right place for me and it's nice to know that I was of the right standard because I was put in the pool. Will probably firm York now which has so many similarities to Cambridge and let's face it I'll probably have a bit more fun and not always be stressed out by work :wink:
Also thanks to Minerva who always gave such realistic and helpful updates! And good luck to those still swimming and everyone else as we will all do well wherever we go! :smile:
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by MadDaddy
Hi

I'm really sorry that your daughter got a rejection and in such a way too. They seem to be very thoughtless IMO. A friend of my son was rejected by Caius for Classics in the same way last night. :frown:

My son also found out from Caius via UCAS when he got in from college last night. Fortunately I'd read on here that it was being done that way and could forewarn him. I wish they could do these bright and enthusiastic students the courtesy of letting the official letter arrive first.

Many thanks Minerva.
Reply 2838
Not many news from Computer Scientists yet. Well, I think that was it. :tongue:
Reply 2839
Original post by gff
Not many news from Computer Scientists yet. Well, I think that was it. :tongue:

I know, I haven't heard anything either... Surely at least one of us from TSR will get an offer?