The Student Room Group
School of Oriental and African Studies
London

Ask a SOAS student anything

Scroll to see replies

Hi,

I have just enrolled at SOAS and when I did the online registration, I realised I missed the deadline to upload my photo for my ID card, so, the library team took one for me at enrolment.

I just want to know, how can I get the IT team to upload my preferred photo for me, or alternatively, how can I get them to let me upload it myself? I know they say it's past the deadline but surely there must be a way to do it?

Has any SOASian tried? Some insight into this matter would be appreciated!

Thanks.
School of Oriental and African Studies
London
In short! You can't. You will now have to go to the library, as Welcome Week has finished, smile sweetly at the librarian taking your photo and ask if you can have another shot taken if the first attempt fails. Anyway, they are dishing out ID holders so just put your in the other way round. They don't check your photo and comment on it when you take out books. Also, better get used to that 'Dead-Line' thing. Otherwise life at SOAS can get really complicating if you don't.
Original post by non-ki-san
In short! You can't. You will now have to go to the library, as Welcome Week has finished, smile sweetly at the librarian taking your photo and ask if you can have another shot taken if the first attempt fails. Anyway, they are dishing out ID holders so just put your in the other way round. They don't check your photo and comment on it when you take out books. Also, better get used to that 'Dead-Line' thing. Otherwise life at SOAS can get really complicating if you don't.

Hi Ki-San, thanks for your reply. I dunno I'm just wondering, cos if they can do photo uploads before the deadline, surely they must be able to do it manually any time?? I really desperately want my passport photo on it cos I used that same photo for my first "Adult" German Passport last month!! It wasn't really my fault because I only got given my SOAS student number after the deadline in mid-September when I had already firmly accepted my unconditional offer back in July. Do you think if I politely nag the Registry they'd kindly do it for me?

Cheers,

Philipp
(edited 9 years ago)
Philpp, Phillipp, Phillipp, it is not the Registry you need to charm, it's the guys in the Library, as they are the ones who will be issuing you your ID card. So don't go over to Vernon Sq for your ID card, as it will be a wasted trip.
The only thing l can advise is, give it a go, charm the socks of them. It might even work. Miracles do happen (just not at SOAS when it come to someone wanting to Photo-Shop their ID photo), but you never know!

Best of luck
Non-ki-san
Philpp, Phillipp, Phillipp, it is not the Registry you need to charm, it's the guys in the Library, as they are the ones who will be issuing you your ID card. So don't go over to Vernon Sq for your ID card, as it will be a wasted trip.
The only thing l can advise is, give it a go, charm the socks of them. It might even work. Miracles do happen (just not at SOAS when it come to someone wanting to Photo-Shop their ID photo), but you never know!

Best of luck
Non-ki-san

Haha thanks for your heads up Non-ki-san, I was gonna end up in the Registry tomorrow! I'll try cos I even have my passport photo (the tiny original one) in my wallet, but yeah I'll give it a shot and prove to them that I'm not photo-shopping, just keen to have my passport photo on my Student ID haha. Failing that, I'll ask if they can take a pic of that passport photo and put it on the system :biggrin:

Many thanks for your advice! XD

Philipp

Best of luck
Non-ki-san

Hi Non-ki-san, I did it! I went to the library an hour ago and it was dead quiet. I put on an innocent face and was über-polite with the lady at the counter. She scanned my passport photo and uploaded it onto the system for me! Didn't even charge me £5 for the new card with the new photo! :biggrin:

I cannot believe my luck...

Philipp
(edited 9 years ago)
I’m trying to apply for student finance and it is asking for the course start and end date. I know my course starts sept 2021 but I don’t know the course end date. I’m studying LLB LAW.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending