The Student Room Group

Strangest things a teacher's said to YOU? Version 2.0

Scroll to see replies

Reply 180
Original post by Sarah190
My old form tutor was a bit of a cow sometimes, despite me being a fairly good student. On the last day of school we had to hand in a permission slip signed by our parents to leave home at lunch, but I had forgotten mine, she wished everyone else well with life etc but when she got to me she said "You're a waster Sarah, always will be." ...bit harsh to leave me with those last words?! I still left early anyway. :smile:

Also this was pretty strange, me and my friend were given a note by a teacher to give to another teacher but he wasn't in his normal classroom, so we went back to say we couldn't find him.
She made us search the whole school practically for him, must of took us about 20 minutes. My friend was like "F**k it, I'm reading this note - what the hell could be so important." (against my wishes haha) and it said something like "Don't eat the prawn crackers xxxxxxxx"
Seemed very weird to make us leave our lesson over something so trivial.

Sound like code for meet me in the closest for sex.
My first ever teacher actually taught me how to lie. I was playing with a sort of water-works set of toys, and decided to splash water over one of my friends (seems fair enough when you're 5 years old right... in fact I'd probably do the same now at 26). Anyway my teacher didn't like this so brought me inside and asked me "why did you do that?" to which I replied [something along the lines of] "I dunno... it was funny". So she said "that's not a good reason. You're going to sit in the corner until you can give me a good reason for why you threw water at that boy". So about 5 minutes later she came back and asked me if I had come up with an explanation, and I said "I was shaking the water bucket to try to dry it out", and my teacher said "hmm... ok, fair enough. Well done, you can carry on playing then" and let me go back out!

So there we have it... My first teacher taught me the valuable lesson of lying
My English teacher put kisses in my exercise book o.O
I was had an elderly frail substitute RS teacher say "Im fu*k tired", the whole class burst out laughing and she didnt realise why, or what she just said.
Reply 184
Original post by tehFrance
You may come out of your mother via her eggs but to get there you must first start out in your father as the sperm... therefore you come from your fathers balls.

What?!
You have no concept of reproductive biology at all.
You don't start out in your father.
The sperm and egg both have 23 chromosomes, they BOTH NEED TO FUSE TOGETHER to combine and form the total 46 chromosomes required to be life compatible.

You don't 'start off' in a single gamete- in effect, you start off split between your mother and father.

If what you are saying were true, you'd be identical to your father.
What nonsense.
Original post by lonelykatana
Ive had that from a few teachers, my electronics teacher took it one step further though, saying 'You're either playing with your phone or playing with your self. If its the latter, I feel bad for your girlfriend because you did that very quickly!'

Quality. I'd loved to have heard that instead of the standard 'Put your phone away/I know you're on your phone etc/'
Original post by carnationlilyrose
Yes, but we're sworn to secrecy. It's like joining the Masons. My colleagues in the department and I have much entertainment deriving new sarcastic put downs. The kids love it. They enjoy the robust cut and thrust of debate. I think they'll love the inflatable hammer even more though.:colone:

I LOVE teachers that abuse the class! Seriously, they are so much the best. My history teacher and my maths teacher in particular (the former likes to constantly put the class down - we all have slightly insulting nicknames for example - and the latter just thought it was fun to tease me for constantly apologising)
Original post by Thasneemy
What?!
You have no concept of reproductive biology at all.
You don't start out in your father.
The sperm and egg both have 23 chromosomes, they BOTH NEED TO FUSE TOGETHER to combine and form the total 46 chromosomes required to be life compatible.

You don't 'start off' in a single gamete- in effect, you start off split between your mother and father.

If what you are saying were true, you'd be identical to your father.
What nonsense.

Jesus it is a saying, have you ever heard of it? well clearly not :rolleyes:

And lets face it in a way you do start in your fathers balls.
Reply 188

It's not a saying.
It's something you made up and are trying to implement.
It's not a saying.

It is... in sports... generally said to men although it applies to women too.

No you don't, she just explained how you do not start in your father very clearly...
Original post by Lily Academia
My old Maths teacher was talking about an expedition trip and after listing 30 odd mundane things we had to remember to take with us (anorak, socks, soup, toothbrush, toothpaste, more socks etc) he suddenly went: “And you’ll need thermals,” paused a bit, “which are very sexy…”

:sexface:

:lol:

Don't suppose you saw my English teacher's awesome ones from earlier in the thread? :ninja:
Original post by Kalliope

Original post by Kalliope
:lol:

Don't suppose you saw my English teacher's awesome ones from earlier in the thread? :ninja:

Yessss! They were brilliant.
Thank you, Shanti. This has just really cheered me up :hugs:
I'm going to read your message now.
Original post by alexmagpie
When I had a cold, my female English teacher told me I sounded sexy.

I have also had this experience... strangely also with an English teacher!
It's not a saying.

It is... in sports... generally said to men although it applies to women too.

Technically you start off as chemicals in the atmosphere :yep:
Reply 195
im afraid you got a B on the test... Lol jokes
French teacher trying to pronouce "account"

"Guys you need to take into a-see you next tuesday" ...
Original post by sheepshap
My English teacher put kisses in my exercise book o.O

Are you sure they weren't X marks for all the things you got wrong? :mmm:
Original post by madrid90
This has to be one of the funniest things i've heard a teacher say. Their's a boy (who weights A LOT - no disrespect to him), and the teacher said to him (as a joke): you're a human been bag, i can sit on you and play X-box. At the time it was so funny.

For some odd reason, I laughed hard at this...pretty funny :tongue:
Reply 199
Original post by MacCuishy
Legend

He'd attended at least five different universities, including Cambridge, and was even a published historian in his own right. Like being taught by Blackadder, really.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending