The Student Room Group

Best house/bass tracks of the year (Mixmag and Resident Advisor)

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Favourite Worst Nightmare
Liking the Kingdom track. Nice incorporation of the RnB sounding vocals. Slightly odd that the text for the youtube says DNBstream...doesn't sound like DNB to me. More garagey/funky. Not that the genre names matter much anymore.

Wouldn't even know where to start classifying these guys. Funky would be in there for sure though.

More:

Wanted to post his "A Million" but it's not on youtube :frown:

Plus L-Vis 1990 love:

(edited 12 years ago)

Just came across this gem.

EP is on spotify.

Edit: EP released today, so good find from me. Also the EP is fantastic. Might even buy it. Don't buy much due to lack of funds, but this might be worth it.
(edited 12 years ago)
Best release 2012 so far:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/music/reviews/rwrj

Cosmin TRG and Floating Points mixes are sick.

Reply 63
Too hyped for SBTRKT/Disclosure this Friday!

This SBTRKT Remix was allegedly by Thom Yorke:

And I love this also:

Jessie Ware - Running (Disclosure Remix)
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by Mo-Amin

**** that's an amazing track. Walked out of a tube station in Deptford the other day, to be greeted with a huge poster for SBTRKTs album. Gave me a warm fuzzy feeling inside.

Reminded me of this:

Apparats DJ Kicks remains one of the best mixes in this style for me.
Reply 65
Original post by Aisha~~
**** that's an amazing track. Walked out of a tube station in Deptford the other day, to be greeted with a huge poster for SBTRKTs album. Gave me a warm fuzzy feeling inside.

Reminded me of this:

Apparats DJ Kicks remains one of the best mixes in this style for me.

I'll check it out - I haven't listened to his mix but I keep seeing it on Spotify (it's the only way to listen to Moth on Spotify haha)
Might as well post this here, see who likes it. The guys incredibly talented.

Original post by Mo-Amin

And I love this also:

Jessie Ware - Running (Disclosure Remix)

Loving the industrial sounding ethereal vibes on the sbtrkt remix!
Original post by Gob Bluth

Just came across this gem.

EP is on spotify.

Edit: EP released today, so good find from me. Also the EP is fantastic. Might even buy it. Don't buy much due to lack of funds, but this might be worth it.

Liking this. Love the repeated fragmentary 'earth's like this' vocal.
This track isn't related in any way to the sounds so far in this thread but I like the dark mysterious sound. Anybody knowing any similar sounding stuff?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I62tmyorlek
(edited 12 years ago)
This track isn't related in any way to the sounds so far in this thread but I like the dark mysterious sound. Anybody knowing any similar sounding stuff?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I62tmyorlek

Ahhh Heartthrob...an old favorite. He did a great collaboration with Troy Pierce. Picked up the Ableton set of this track, one of the reasons I got into producing.

Related artists...check out the minimal techno bunch. Heartthrob carry a bit of a rare style though. Hobo, Matthew Jonson, Marco Carola and Richie Hawtin (Plastikman) come to mind as somewhat similar. Maybe Sven Vath too? Otherwise check out the other M-Nus artists. Kompakt and Ostgut Ton are labels that carry this style too.

Actually, if you can, get a hold of this album, full of brooding, textured techno (Infarkt <3): http://www.kompakt.fm/releases/total_1

(edited 12 years ago)
Liking this. Love the repeated fragmentary 'earth's like this' vocal.

Yeh it's great isn't it. The EP is still on constant rotation for me.

Just found out it's available for free download from the record label website. Wish i knew this before i stumped up the cash ha.

Available in FLAC and stuff, so yeh everyone really should get this EP as it's free and awesome
Absolute stunner.

Reply 74
Anyone a fan of tensnake?

Reply 75
Loving Boddika & Joy O.

Need to listen to more Tensnake, I'll listen soon - so many tracks int his thread I need to get round to!

Mate introduced me to Actress' Splazsh the other day, great album. Lost was probably my favorite on there but it has a few quality tunes.

Checking out Bonobo's Black Sands now.

Mention Actress and panda-bear will be in here instantly. Love him though.

Original post by Aisha~~
Ahhh Heartthrob...an old favorite. He did a great collaboration with Troy Pierce. Picked up the Ableton set of this track, one of the reasons I got into producing.

Related artists...check out the minimal techno bunch. Heartthrob carry a bit of a rare style though. Hobo, Matthew Jonson, Marco Carola and Richie Hawtin (Plastikman) come to mind as somewhat similar. Maybe Sven Vath too? Otherwise check out the other M-Nus artists. Kompakt and Ostgut Ton are labels that carry this style too.

Actually, if you can, get a hold of this album, full of brooding, textured techno (Infarkt <3): http://www.kompakt.fm/releases/total_1

Cool, I will do. Wish I could just listen to this stuff all day and sack off life. Swear it is like a full-time job.
Cool, I will do. Wish I could just listen to this stuff all day and sack off life. Swear it is like a full-time job.

Well yeah. Hence why there are DJs, promoters, etc. I just figured that since , throughout the years, music has always been my biggest passion, I'd follow it as a career somehow. Listening to a hell of a lot became a part of that.
Original post by Aisha~~
Well yeah. Hence why there are DJs, promoters, etc. I just figured that since , throughout the years, music has always been my biggest passion, I'd follow it as a career somehow. Listening to a hell of a lot became a part of that.

Good on you. I wasn't having a go, just expressing my own annoyance at having a dissertation which is taking up my time atm. Just heard about Mosca and Julio Bashmore signing up for Radio 1's 'In New DJs We Trust'...hope it doesn't change their output.

Quick Reply

Latest