Hey there Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Best house/bass tracks of the year (Mixmag and Resident Advisor)

Announcements Posted on
TSR wants you: get involved with Power Hour. 10-04-2014
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SecondHand)
    I stumbled across this list of every essential mix a couple of months ago, just went back and listened to the Seth Troxler mix after the recent Maceo Plex mix.

Also been digging Bondax recently, nice future garage vibes.
    That Maceo mix was pretty sweet. Ibiza-esque.

Ryan Crosson was on R1 a few minutes ago. **** he had some tunes. Also some new Maya tracks coming on soon.

Deep as hell.

http://www.beatport.com/track/octogo...al-mix/3251126
    • 7 followers

ReputationRep:
    Troxler played tonnes back to back sets last year with Jamie Jones. You can't really get much better than that at the moment :coma:

Does anyone know where I can find a recent Raresh set?
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mau5)
    Troxler played tonnes back to back sets last year with Jamie Jones. You can't really get much better than that at the moment :coma:

Yeh he played a 4 hour back to back set with Craig Richards last night, troxler that is. So good. Feel like death today, but sick night
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    http://issuu.com/crackmagazine/docs/crack_small_18

Lot's of cool gigs/interviews in there.

(Original post by mau5)

Got this as a torrent:

Various Artists - Raresh & Sascha Dive - Green & Blue 2011 [2011] [Compilation]

Want it uploading?
    • 7 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Aisha~~)
    http://issuu.com/crackmagazine/docs/crack_small_18

Lot's of cool gigs/interviews in there.

Got this as a torrent:

Various Artists - Raresh & Sascha Dive - Green & Blue 2011 [2011] [Compilation]

Want it uploading?
    Yeah that would be great mate.
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mau5)
    Yeah that would be great mate.
    Gonna be a while, only one seed up and I'm not connecting for some reason.

Meanwhile:

Ame is a god, btw.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mau5)

Jamie jones' other partner in crime is slightly under-rated I feel: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tlHkqQ1B-DQ

Sorry, I don't know how to post youtube links properly...How do you post youtube links so that the video shows up in your post?
    • 7 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Favourite Worst Nightmare)
    Jamie jones' other partner in crime is slightly under-rated I feel: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tlHkqQ1B-DQ

Sorry, I don't know how to post youtube links properly...How do you post youtube links so that the video shows up in your post?
    Yep, just use the Youtube tags and only copy the url after the '='. I've done it with that vid below so if you quote this its should make sense.

Bit of a longshot but if anyone could ID the track at around 48 minutes on this set I would be eternally grateful.

http://soundcloud.com/nightclubber-r...sat-04-23-2010
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mau5)
    Bit of a longshot but if anyone could ID the track at around 48 minutes on this set I would be eternally grateful.

http://soundcloud.com/nightclubber-r...sat-04-23-2010
    This. It's in the comments as 49 mins. Dunno if you mean the track before that though.

This album is a monster for fans of Deep House. Proper deep house.

• 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    This. It's in the comments as 49 mins. Dunno if you mean the track before that though.

This album is a monster for fans of Deep House. Proper deep house.

Hmm, i do have that Aril Brikha album downloaded. Must listen to it, still haven't done so. Never really got past the Berghain EP with him. Such a brilliant EP.

What sound systems do people use to listen to their music? I got a pair of Mordaunt short speakers powered by a cambridge audio amp (cost me about £450 including wires and stuff 2 years ago. However this year i have been using that downstairs so for communal listening with housemates for pre drinks and watching it with tv etc. In my room i have 2 genelec 8020 monitors. Love the sound in both systems in their own ways. Obviously they are meant for different things, but i do love the clean sound from my monitors. So nice for general listening at a small sort of level.
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gob Bluth)
    Hmm, i do have that Aril Brikha album downloaded. Must listen to it, still haven't done so. Never really got past the Berghain EP with him. Such a brilliant EP.

What sound systems do people use to listen to their music? I got a pair of Mordaunt short speakers powered by a cambridge audio amp (cost me about £450 including wires and stuff 2 years ago. However this year i have been using that downstairs so for communal listening with housemates for pre drinks and watching it with tv etc. In my room i have 2 genelec 8020 monitors. Love the sound in both systems in their own ways. Obviously they are meant for different things, but i do love the clean sound from my monitors. So nice for general listening at a small sort of level.
    If I need to keep the sound down, Sennheiser HD555s through M-Audio preamp. Use those for most production too, they don't colour the sound TOO much, although certainly not idea.

Otherwise some old Sony speakers. Don't even know the model. They were part of a full hifi system, vinyl turntable and all, bought sometime in the 80s. Sound pretty damn good though. Run those through a Technics sub.

Really want to get some Rokit RP6s. Lacking funds
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    If I need to keep the sound down, Sennheiser HD555s through M-Audio preamp. Use those for most production too, they don't colour the sound TOO much, although certainly not idea.

Otherwise some old Sony speakers. Don't even know the model. They were part of a full hifi system, vinyl turntable and all, bought sometime in the 80s. Sound pretty damn good though. Run those through a Technics sub.

Really want to get some Rokit RP6s. Lacking funds
    Yeh my parents have an old sony system, and it's pretty sick. Forgot i have Bose ae2s too, which are superb headphones. Love them. I am an audiophile aha
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    This guys just a freak.

• 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    That Maceo mix was pretty sweet. Ibiza-esque.

Ryan Crosson was on R1 a few minutes ago. **** he had some tunes. Also some new Maya tracks coming on soon.

Deep as hell.

http://www.beatport.com/track/octogo...al-mix/3251126
    As they say, once you go in, you never come out. Great buildup.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    I'm really into Black EYed Peas, i think they produce some really awesome drum and bass but will.i.am is going a bit mainstream. Songs I like by them = ive got a feeling =)
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Check them out they are pretty electro
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by justgreatguys)
    I'm really into Black EYed Peas, i think they produce some really awesome drum and bass but will.i.am is going a bit mainstream. Songs I like by them = ive got a feeling =)
    :eyeball: I don't think this thread is the place for you.

• 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    seems this deep stuff is popular this year and last I prefer a bit more tech and less girly voices but its still fun and some great sounds inside.

• 2 followers

ReputationRep:

Anyone else hearing a Battle For Middle You sample in this?
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:

Anyone else hearing a Battle For Middle You sample in this?
    If you mean that one note around 0:39, then yeah :P

Decent tune!

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?

this is what you'll be called on TSR

2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?

never shared and never spammed

3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By completing the slider below you agree to The Student Room's terms & conditions and site rules

2. Slide the button to the right to create your account

Slide to join now Processing…

You don't slide that way? No problem.

Updated: April 1, 2014
Article updates
Useful resources

Articles:

TSR wiki music section

Quick link:

Unanswered music threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
Reputation gems:
You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.